Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I got married on 6TH and I skipped my periods even though I didn't have intercourse till now with my husband. Skipping of periods is first time. Yesterday we tried to have intercourse my vagina was also dry so we stopped. Please advise.
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
Dear Doctor Before 10 months My wife got operated and her felopin tube got removed by doctors due to ectopic pregnancy. I want to confirm about the chances of pregnancy in future and pls suggest after how much time we plan for baby.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder affecting the joints, symmetrically (usually). The joints become swollen, red, hot, painful & tender. The joint movement becomes limited due to pain & swelling
It starts with inflammation of the synovial membrane but may involve the joint capsule and other surrounding soft tissues.
It is a self limiting disease. But by the time it leaves, the patient is crippled due to contractures & deformities.
Acute phase can be managed with medicines.
Commonly used medicines are ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin in therapeutic doses. They help to control symptoms of pain and swelling of the joints in most of the cases by their anti inflammatory properties. Fever is also controlled.
Vitamins, minerals, anti oxidents & other supportive medicines are also needed. Omega 3 fatty acids have a very definite role to play in improving the response to the treatment.
Physiotherapy helps in preventing contractures & deformities.
The patient should do general exercises & keep active.
He may have to be further investigated.
In established cases of rheumatoid arthritis dmard (disease modifying drugs) e. G. Methotrexate, hcq, leflunomide, saaz etc. Have to be used.
They all are toxic drugs & can cause bone marrow depression along with other side effects. They should be taken under medical supervision.
Sometimes steroids may have to used.
The dose of these medicines should be adjusted to the minimum required, to control the symptoms.
Blood, urine tests & other investigative procedures should be done periodically to rule out any side effects.
X rays of the affected part should be done to confirm diagnosis & assess the extent of damage.
Diabetes, vitamin d deficiency or any other metabolic disorder should be ruled out. Sometimes they mimic the symptoms & create confusion in diagnosis. Associated disorders like these, most certainly affect recovery adversely.
It should be ascertained that the patient is not allergic to any of the medicines that he is going to take.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder that lasts over many years with acute exacerbation & remissions. The earning capacity of the family is adversely affected. The cost of medical treatment is high. If the patient needs surgery, it is further escalated. Most of the population in india is not covered by any medical insurance. All these factors put together create an atmosphere of depression in the family. Patient feels morally degraded & may even develop suicidal tendency.
In a situatation like this it becomes essential that a moral support is provided to the patient by his friends & relations. Treating doctor has a very definite role to play in keeping up the moral of patient.
I am 26 old, I am 22 weeks pregnant low lying placenta. I am going office through my two wheeler. And walking what can I do.
What is ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic pregnancy is also known as tubal pregnancy, is a complication wherein, the fertilised eggs attach themselves outside the uterus. In most cases, it causes severe internal bleeding and serious infections. It is a very serious condition that warrants prompt medical attention as soon as it is diagnosed. Mostly, in this type of pregnancy, the fertilised egg attaches itself to the fallopian tube inside the body; the reason why it is known as tubal pregnancy. In rare cases, the egg might attach itself to the cervix, ovary or parts of the abdomen.
Symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Salpingitis (inflammation and infection of one’s fallopian tubes)
- Rupture of the corpus luteum cyst (a kind of ovarian cyst)
- Urinary tract infection
- Severe abdominal pain
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the membrane that lines the abdomen cavity)
- Rupture in the fallopian tubes which can lead to fainting and excessive pain
- Pain on one side of the body
Treatment for ectopic pregnancy
This complication in pregnancy can be diagnosed by an ultrasound as the doctor sees the growth on the fallopian tube. A pregnancy test or a pelvic exam also helps in detecting ectopic pregnancy. If not treated on time, ectopic pregnancy can prove to be fatal.
Listed below are a few treatment options for ectopic pregnancy:
- A particular medication known as methotrexate is used to end an ectopic pregnancy.
- In some cases, one might need surgery to get rid of the pregnancy. In certain complicated cases, it might be necessary to remove the tube with the foetus. This kind of surgery which removes the foetus and the tube is calling salpingectomy. The surgeon usually makes a small incision near the navel and removes the tube using a laparoscope.
- Having an abortion due to this complication can be heartbreaking and emotionally distressing for the mother as it is just like an abortion where the entire tissue is removed from your fallopian tube. To get over the trauma of losing a baby, you could join pregnancy loss groups or avail help from a therapist.
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.
Here are some treatments and symptoms of menopause
During my periods I feel extremely low as if there is no energy left in my body Mild unconsciousness is also felt Should I take any medicines?
Sir I usually use condom to prevent pregnancy does it harmful for my wife Ic I use it for 2_3 years.
I find swelling and pain after 14-15 days of menstrual cycle in my breasts. Can you please help me out.
Hello Doctor, On Feb 14th I became cozy with my gf. We both had foreplay. I rubbed my penis over her vagina. My precum might have entered her vagina. It was 5th day of her periods. I was scared because she was saying that she is feeling pain down there. So next day she took I pill in empty stomach. After 3-4 hours she vomited. Today on 22nd she got her period again. She had travelled for more than 24 hours. Is this a reason she got periods again? Or is this sign of pregnancy? Please do answer.
When you are pregnant, your body is at a very delicate stage as you are carrying another individual inside you. While you are pregnant, there are many restrictions and regulations you must follow to ensure the birth of a healthy child. Bad habits such as smoking and consuming alcohol are strictly prohibited. It is also advised that you should not be in any kind of stress.
When it comes to travelling, it depends on the stage of your pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before travelling and know well about the restrictions that would be imposed, even if you are allowed to travel. The ideal time for you to travel during pregnancy is after the second trimester, when you will be less fatigued.
Here are some tips you should follow if you choose to travel when you are pregnant.
Travelling by car, train:
- You should always put your seatbelt on while travelling in a car when you are pregnant. Wear both the lap belt and the shoulder belt to keep yourself and your baby inside, safe and static.
- The airbags should always be turned on for safety purpose.
- Buses are narrow and should be avoided when you are pregnant. If you are availing a bus, avoid getting up when the bus is moving. In case you have to move, take the support of the railings.
- When you are travelling by train, always hold on to the railings and seats while moving about in motion.
- Avoid long hour journeys in cars or trains. The maximum travel duration should be not more than six hours, when you are carrying a child.
- Make it a point to halt at points to take a walk. This would enhance your blood circulation.
Travelling by air, sea:
- This mode of travel is safer than any other travel modes for pregnant women.
- Pregnant women can fly until eight months or nine months, after consulting a doctor.
- Moving about in an airplane, which is flying is a bad idea for pregnant women and should be avoided.
- Always choose an aisle seat while travelling by air. It will make moving convenient in case you need to visit the restroom.
- Choose to travel on trustworthy, major airlines with a pressurized cabin and avoid small airplanes or private jets. Do not travel above a height of 7000 ft.
- Travelling by sea should be strictly avoided as it causes motion sickness and pregnant women might have nausea.
Travel for pregnant women is restricted in many ways, and all the instructions should be followed.