Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vani SundarapandianYour feedback matters!
Hi I am having sex with my girlfriend last 5 years. She is 25 now. Her breast volume has increased too much. She want to reduce their volume as she feels odd about them. Plzzz help.
Hello doctor I need reply for before question. .I already did home pregnancy test in kit that too early morning on 7th day of due means 37th day but it was negative . Please tell.
I am 28 and 6 weeks 3 days pregnant but my baby development is very slow my TSH is 7.4 I am taking medicine for it. But still my pregnancy symptoms are developing day by day. My other medical reports are normal. My gynic said that my pregnancy is not good. Can thyroid be cured and what will happen with my baby ? I am worried.
I am 18 years old and have very large & heavy breast. I feel very irritated sometimes and have to face many problems! Kindly help me!
I am pregnant from 3 months. Please suggest me healthy diet with timing. And please tell me some tips to be healthy.
I am 23year old. From past 2 months I am suffering with heavy periods. Lasts 15 days and more. What should I do?
I am 39 weeks 3 days pregnant. I am not having any contractions or labour pains. How to get labour pains naturally. Is there any way to get pains? My due date was 20th of this month. What to do? Please suggest me.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.