Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Vani SundarapandianYour feedback matters!
Nowadays am got negative thoughts too much. L don't know what s the reason. I have pcod problem also . Sometimes am not sleeping in night .that time I got scared and depressed too much. I have acidity problem also. Please tell me how to cure.
I am 20 year old female. Now a days after intercourse when I wake up in the morning a pale red color liquid is coming. Sometimes even the whole day it's coming. Is this a serious health problem. May I need to consult any doctor for this.
I am 21 year old Married. I am 2 time open heart surgery ed. One time valve repair second time valve replacement. Still I am ok. But. I get it warf tablets / we need pregnancy planning give me best.
My wife don't have family planing she is now 36 years advice me about safe sex we love each other so much.
Hi madam / sir. My age is 29 I I tried to conceive but I have cysts in both ovaries. Is possible can I conceive or not with medicine can I use pls tell me.
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when the menstruation ceases, bringing an end to a woman's childbearing years. There are a number of symptoms that mark this stage, including hot flashes, which are very commonly experienced in such cases. Hot flashes are like a feeling of a red hot flush that may wash over the body and lead to excessive sweating. It occurs in the blood vessels that are closest to the surface of the skin. Yet, menopause is not the only reason why one may experience these hot flashes.
Here are some of the reasons that may trigger these hot flashes:
1. Carcinoid syndrome: This is a disease that may cause hot flashes as a symptom. In this condition, a tumour will usually release varied chemicals into the body, which can create varied symptoms that seem like hot flashes.
2. Hyperthyroidism: Overheating of the body and the system from within is something that many patients suffering from hyperthyroidism may experience. This usually happens when the thyroid glands end up producing too much of the thyroid hormone that brings about many symptoms ranging from depression to weight loss and even hot flashes. In hyperthyroidism, the body goes into a hyper mode, which usually leads to overheating of the same. This gives rise to frequent and often severe hot flashes.
3. Hormonal changes: There are many hormonal changes that may affect various men and women from time to time. A drop in the level of the estrogen hormone is something that many women go through on a regular basis. This may happen due to pregnancy as well. Also, this condition usually brings about symptoms like hot flashes.
4. Eating disorders: The way we eat and nurture our body is the way the body reacts. When there is a case of an eating disorder like dyslexia or bulimia, it may lead to varied symptoms, including hot flashes. This is due to the fact that the body's hormonal levels as well as the nutritional level plunge to an all-time low. In many such cases, hot flashes are the body's way of demanding better nutrition. These disorders can also give rise to related conditions like the hypothalamus disorder.
5. Hypothalamus disorder: Hypothalamus disorder may also cause hot flashes. This is a condition that is caused due to poor eating habits. This disorder is characterised by a major drop in one's nutrition levels and also leads to many hormonal changes. These changes often lead to symptoms like hot flashes and other related complications.
What should I do to take hygiene for external vagina because am suffering from infection in external part! Provide me some tips like from which I should wash it n all!
Suggest me a medicine to avoid pregnancy after having 1 month pregnancy I want to know best ans from you thank you.
Is the blood test is more Accurate then the urine and sonography test? .as I got both results is negative on 6 and 10 august under the supervision of medical experts. And my periods are not observed till date as I took the abortion pills on 8th of july . Is there any chances of pregnancy as the bleeding was not so heavy .
I'm having vaginal discharge very thick like structure. And it creates itching too I'm suffering dis from last 5 months. Does it causes by having sex? doctor please help me out of dis bcoz I want to cure dis as soon as possible.
Being childless can be a cause of depression for many families, especially women. Infertility in women has a large number of causes. One of the main causes is endometriosis and while a woman may not be aware of it, the pain of having it and its implications does make it worthwhile to know what it is all about! To understand fully what endometriosis is, it is essential to know about the fallopian tubes. These tubes are on either side of the uterus and their purpose is transfer a mature egg from the ovaries to the uterus.
How do Fallopian Tubes Get Blocked?
The uterus has a layer or tissue which lines it called the endometrium. If a woman does not become pregnant, each month, the tissue is shed through the process of menstruation. A condition called endometriosis is caused by the growth of a tissue which is more or less like the endometrium. The issue is that this layer does not grow on the inner walls of the uterus; instead, it grows in regions where it really is not supposed to be present, such as the cervix, the bladder and the vagina.
This can cause a lot of irritation, inflammation and in some cases, can also lead to the formation of scar tissue. However, endometriosis is not nearly the only issue that can occur when it comes to problems a woman can face with fallopian tubes. Another issue is something called hydrosalpinx. This happens when the fallopian tube widens because it is blocked. The prefix ‘hydro’ is because the tube then fills up with a fluid. This fluid prevents pregnancy as it prevents the egg from meeting with the sperm and being fertilised.
Schedule a visit with your doctor
When it comes to the diagnosis of the condition of fallopian tubes which are blocked, a doctor will usually examine a special type of X-ray which is known as an HSG. However, the reliability of this test is far from sure as there is about a 15 per cent chance that a false positive may be generated.
There are some solutions, for problems regarding fallopian tubes. When a single tube is blocked and the other is functioning perfectly, there is still a reasonable chance of getting pregnant and a doctor can prescribe drugs to improve the chances of pregnancy using the tube which is functional.
Laparoscopic surgery also has quite a lot of appeal for women having blocked fallopian tubes. It is used to open blocked tubes as well as to clean out scar tissue. Depending on how severe the block is, a 20-40% pregnancy rate can be achieved post-surgery. IVF treatment is also a viable option. Fallopian tube trouble can generally be overcome. But the first step is awareness! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues of an organism by certain foreign bodies such as bacteria, parasite, and virus. They are transmissible diseases like Viral fever, Cough, cold, Gastroenteritis, Dysentery, etc. and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute, that is, can last for a short time, or chronic that lasts for a long time, or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom. Generally, these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has a severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body. They, on one hand, hamper the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in the future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be of great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there is no side effect. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Most of the Homeopathy medicines are prescribed on the basis of symptoms observed. So, Homeopathic medicines are prescribed, even before the definitive diagnosis is made. Thus, the time saved prevents the infection from spreading, and the patient is automatically cured rapidly.
The mere thought of biting into something crunchy brings a refreshing thought. However, realize that crunchy things are not always good for general health and oral health. While some crunchy foods can be very good for the teeth, others can do a great deal of harm.
Given that crunchy foods are something more popular with kids, they should be taught the good and bad about crunchy foods. That does not mean they are banned from eating any bad crunchy food. There are ways to reduce the effects of eating a bad crunchy food and the children should be taught those early on.
Let us look at the bad crunchy foods first. A packet of chips or crackers may sound extremely exciting for the kid, but they are very damaging to the teeth. Pieces of these stick to the teeth and in-between the teeth, thereby attracting germs and causing decay.
Candies are the next lot. They contain a great amount of sugar that does not leave the mouth after the candy is swallowed. The sugar stays long after the candy is out of the mouth and continues to cause damage.
In both these cases, the child should not be told not to eat. The trick is to teach them that while they can eat these, it should immediately be followed by a brushing session or a thorough rinse if brushing is not possible. Get them into the habit of a thorough rinse after each meal and no crunchy food can produce the same damage.
Good Crunchy Foods: The vegetables and fruits are undoubtedly the best crunchy foods to bite into. Not only are they good for overall health with their rich fiber content and vitamins, they also have a great benefit for the oral health. Any fruit from apple to a pear induces salivary glands and increases the cleansing effect of the saliva. The natural fibers also produce the same effect as does brushing for a couple of minutes. The teeth surfaces are freed of plaque and bacteria, thereby reducing the chances of tooth decay. Carrots and celery also contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy tooth structure. They also are rich in water and provide good amount of water for the body. Another good crunchy food is popcorn, which not just is light on the stomach, but also has a good amount of fiber.
The next time you need something crunchy to bite on, take a decision. What you might munch into can have a lot of effect both on your overall health and your teeth. Also, watch your children and teach them how to nullify the bad effects.