Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have a babygirl who is 5 month old I want to know how I can avoid pregnancy for next 2 years. I want have sex with my wife on regular basis without using condoms. Is there any safe practice.
I am 3 weeks pregnant and I want to abort my pregnancy I was advised to take papaya for aborting naturally is it ok to take papaya. Will it work?
Sir maine aaj sex kiya. Aur meri girlfriend ka period 2 to 7 tak tha. to aaj sex se koi problem to nahi hogi.
I am 21 year old I had did sex with 3 people without condom is any chances for getting affected with Hiv If they have means only I well get affected with Hiv or how will it get affected.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control.
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.
My girlfriend took I pill 5 days ago and we got physical again when the condom was slipped last night. So are there any chances of pregnancy?
I have cyst in ma right ovary and becoz of that I dnt get period monthly .once I two months. What are the home remedy for dissolving of that cyst?
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
In India, statistics reveal that more than 92% of women suffer from gynaecological problems. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common causes to visit to your gynae are enlisted below:
- Menstrual irregularities: The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Painful sex: Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- General well-being: Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
- Itchy vagina: Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
Hello sir thanks for your answer but now it's 10 days past till now no signs of periods no paining in stomach and I have given ipill in 1 hours and second pill of unwanted 72 after 24 hours but still no sign of periods I have told her to do pregnancy test and she does that and it's normal she is not pregnant but still I am tensed will she be pregnant because I have read it on many sites that periods is necessary after sex so it goes up to 10 days and I am getting really very tensed please give me necessary suggestion which can help me truly bcz I am really tensed reply asap.
Very light movement after getting 2nd steroids shots I'm 33 weeks pregnant im scared help me I don't want to lose this baby.
Me and my gf we both had sexual activities for 45 mins since last 4 days (everything except sexual intercourse. Like handjobs blowjobs and fingering). And today she had much more discharge than usual. And after that she felt nausea and weakness,she cant get preg like this. But she is feeling nausea,why is that soo? Should I give her birth control pill bcz we both are frightened. please suggest me some of them. Her expected periods are on 11 may. Her age is 16.
I had misscarage 3 month before. Now is it the write time to get pregnant. please help me for the same.
Its been 1 year after our marriage and me and my husband started living as couples before 3 months only. After having sex, I am washing my vagina. Is it the reason for not getting conceived so far. As soon as v complete having sex and he takes his penis out the sperm fluid is oozing out and he is complaining that may b the reason foe not conceiving. And my body is always very hot too. I would like to conceive but we arr not able to can you guide us in the same. Please do guide and help in conceive.
What is your usual morning routine? wake up, have some coffee, open your eyes and let the day begin. Coffee is addictive and how! there are people whose day cant end unless they're consumed their daily 5 cups of coffee. Its very important to understand when to take coffee in how much quantity so that, you can benefit rather than health issues. You could be the judge of that after reading these pro’s and cons of the effect of coffee on our health
Coffee is made from seeds, and like all other seeds it has protective compounds. Coffee can prevent strokes as well as lower our risk of parkinson's and dementia.
Coffee boosts our concentration and memory
Coffee lowers the risk of oral cancer. Decaf has a much weaker effect for the same while tea had no effect at all.
Studies show that high consumption of caffeine reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
The caffeine in coffee controls many brain functions e. G. Mood, energy levels, vigilance and even reaction time.
Caffeine can boost ones metabolic rate drastically, which basically means an increase in the burning of fat weight loss!
A single cup of coffee contains vitamin b5, vitamin b2, potassium, manganese and magnesium all essential and important nutrients.
Coffee contains stimulants which can drastically lower the risk of developing depression.
Coffee can disrupt sleep patterns which leads to restless sleep and finally insomnia.
Coffee can lead to spinal bone loss in those people who aren't getting enough calcium on a daily basis.
The acidity in coffee can irritate your stomach lining which could eventually lead to ulcers, gastritis and even crohn's disease!
The over consumption of coffee can lead to headaches, and sometimes even migraines.
Caffeine can cause a sharp increase in blood pressure levels those with blood pressure problems must limit themselves.
Regular coffee drinkers are at a risk of dehydration they must take measures to ensure they're always hydrated.
You've got the rundown on its effects, now it's your turn to choose your side. Pro coffee or anti coffee?
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)
I work in bank for the past Five years and I have become overweight for my height and last February I had miscarriage for it was the first time I became pregnant and I was two months pregnant when I had miscarriage and also I am diabetic for the past two years and I am taking medicine. I want to become pregnant for a healthy baby what I have to do with these health issues please help me out.
Although both are similar, treadmill and jogging are very different from each other. The same muscles are used in both the exercises and the same forward body movement is involved in both the exercises. Both are done for cardiovascular fitness, to decrease the amount of fat in your body, and to tone your legs. However, here are a few pointers which show you the difference between treadmill and jogging:
1. Treadmill is easy: Running on a treadmill is easier than going out for a jog. This is because a treadmill has a plain running surface with a constant environment. But when you go out for a jog, the surface may not be plain; the environment might not be constant as it can be windy or extremely sunny. The treadmill can also be adjusted according to your requirements, like the inclination can be increased or decreased; the speed of the belt can be increased or decreased, etc. It also affects the joints less because you are able to have a flat surface to place your foot every time, unlike the rough surface of the roads and lanes when you jog.
2. Convenience: Running a mile at home on a tread mill is much more convenient than going out for a jog. You can hop onto a treadmill for a run anytime, but going out for jog whenever you feel like, is difficult and can cause inconvenience. The weather might not be appropriate to go for a jog, or you might have certain things to do which you can while you are on the treadmill.
3. Motivation: Treadmills allow you to see how much you have run, which will motivate you to work harder and surpass your previous limit. This is difficult when you go out for a jog as you cannot calculate how much you ran.
4. Burning calories: Jogging outside is much more challenging than jogging on a treadmill. This is because of the various factors which you have to face like weather and terrain while you are jogging outside. This causes you to burn more calories than what you would on a treadmill. However, you can change the inclination and the speed of the treadmill which will also enable you to burn more calories.
Although jogging outside and on a treadmill might have these few differences, you will get the best results, if you are able to combine both together.