Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. VanchinathanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from planter fascia and severe pain in my both heals I have taken so many suggestions from different orthopedics but there is no relief I am suffering with this since last 2 years If you have any suggestions remedies
Sir I am suffering with under foot pains at early morning leave the bed and when I am walking for last one week and present also please suggest me sir.
Hello sir I am anshul I am 20 yrs old man n I have suffering from leg pain problem so what should I do.
I am 24 years old, sometimes I feeling that my hand or legs are paining a lot I mean muscles may I know the reason.
I am suffering from shoulder pain neck pain and headache. Some times pain in both arm. Suggest me should I done.
I have never problem While sleeping my legs automatically vibrates. What is my problem actually? What is the solution? Help me.
I am 28 years old and I am having joint pain on right hand side of knee, elbow on neck side and foot please show me some way to reduce it.
I am 63 years old, for the past 4 years my calf muscles ache severely early morning 5 am thus waking me up once I go for my walk it vanishes. I am not diabetic, no arthritis, no BP, hale healthy otherwise. But sometimes I have my muscles aching in the arms, palm sole etc at various times. Why?
*sitting, standing posture.
Sedentary job posture is much more important. So be careful regarding these all daily living activities.
*take proper rest.
*do some stretching exercises.
*take plenty of water.
*walking has greater role to keep well and mobile to all muscles and joints.
*take green tea daily.
* be careful about good diet and bad or harmful diet.
One important thing do not ignore if any minor musculo skeletal problem is there.
I am 17 weeks pregnant. My cervical length is 3 cm. And doctor suggested me to have cervical stitch. Doing stitch is compulsory? Or if I can take any precautions or bed rest then it will be ok?
My legs are paining also joint of body. My age is 26. I feel getting tired and anytime want to sleep. Also paining my stomach.
I am 29 year old man I have swelling in my right leg and pain problem last five days what should I do please tell me doctor.
My wife has tested positive for hla b27. She suffers from joint pains in knees, legs, hip and back. Mri shows degenerative changes in spine. She is diabetic and suffers from high bp. Does she require ncv and emg of ul +ll.
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
6. Foods to avoid- Avoiding food items like curd, sugar, refined cereal, rice, potato and sour food can help you to reduce muscle pain.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.