Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. VanchinathanYour feedback matters!
My hand muscles are much paining because of more time to work at computer so please help me what can I do?
My mother who is 45 years old has a shoulder pain and she is unable to sleep at night due to pain. She had visited so many doctors and she had used many medicines but nothing happen for the positive .
What may be the main reason of joint pain at the age of 25? it's not regular. But after sitting in one position.?
My bones are too much week that's why I have pain in joints aur I am unable to do all exercises because of week bones and their pain. Please suggest me what to do to make my bones stronger? I am taking milk and meat's leg soup but my pain is still hurting me. What can I do. Should I may take calcium tablets for a month for making bones stronger. Please suggest me and help me.
I am 27 years old. I suffered from leg joint pains, which was gives severe pains during night sleep. I suddenly woke up, keep walking for 3o minutes, after that I tried, then go to sleep slowly, what I do.
My mother has pain in her left arm since few days. She is going for physiotherapy and has also consulted many doctors before but that hasn't worked so far. I hope you can help.
I am 26 years old and I have pain in my last finger since 1 month. I used many pain lotion and pain killer pill's. Please tell what to do.
I am 49 years old male. I am suffering from elbow joint pain. I am frequently using pain relief gels, but only temporary relief. What do I do for a permanent solution?
I have one problem that my legs are getting pain while I was riding the cycle what is the main problem that?
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.