Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vanchi NathanYour feedback matters!
Sciatic nerve pressed in L5, there was much pain in rt leg, after endoscopic surgery (on 5th Feb 2015) advised bed rest for 15 days, please suggest remedy
Helo, my friends right thighs are paining for past 2 days, he didn't go for play or did anything. But why? could yu please tell me why it happens like that?
I am 14 years old and a sports player with hectic schedule. I do taekwondo & made it my hobby. Due to this I have severe pain I'm my legs thigh & calf's! Can you advice me what to do?
Sir, one of my testicle is paining fr sometime. Alongwith testicle, my left side leg is also paining. I am used to mastubarate frequently. Is it the reason fr pain, will it hamper my sexual life.
I am 25 years old man and I am unable to walk too long distance as my legs start paining. What should I do for this. I am to walk distance greater than 1 km .Please help me.
I am 21 years old girl. In my right palm tendon has get enlarged pain a lot while working with right hand. What to do.
I had not been able to sleep for 2 days and my joints are paining. What should I do to get relief from it. Recently I suffered from typhoid and liver problem.
What is the remedy of heel spur problem, in morning at the time of get from bed heel spur is paining for sometime, can you suggest some medicine or remedy
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.