Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vanathi PitchandiYour feedback matters!
Everybody burped around me or after talking to me, making me think I may have some kind of serious bad breath. Please tell me what might go wrong, I'm pretty frustrated.
I am having sensitivity in my front teeth and I have had fillings before 6 months and now when I have any hot items I feel sensitivity and it disappears. But I don't have any problem with the cold items. What can I do to overcome this?
I am getting bad smell from mouth. If I can't take any food & kept empty it comes or there is some other reason. I don't smoke&drink.
Sir from last 1 month I am feeling a kind of stiffness in my mouth. And from one weeks I am feeling that my tooth are changing their shape inside. What should I do. I there any medicine for this?
Hello sir/madam good evening to you. My problem is my teeth are normal pale yellow many times to wash hardly but not good result how to reduce that problem in home? Please advise.
My gums bleeding while brushing. I think I am suffering from gingivitis problem. Can you suggest any creams or any home remedies.
Sir I am 26 year old girl. I have dental issue. My two upper front tooth are outward. Is it possible I can change it with a small treatment and in low budget. Please do reply. Thanks.
I am 23 yrs old and I am thinking of getting braces. I feel my teeth are getting outwards day by day. Please suggest what kind of braces would be useful, how long do u have it put it on and what is the approx expense?
Hi doctor. one dentist have removed two supernumerary teeth 11 and 21 how many days will it take for the bones to get formed and for healing. Will there be any problems in future because if this.
Ha I Dr. my name pranay I am so fat give me suggestion what loss please And my teeth in zig zag some time so painful give suggestion plz.
Sir I have bad breadth after using mouthwash and brushing twice a day it is not reduced please answer me. Its very embarrassing to talk to anybody with this bad breath.
But the good news is head and neck cancers can be cured if they are detected early. If you see any of the following symptoms recurring often, then you need to see your doctor immediately:
• Mouth sore that hasn't healed for 3+ weeks
• Persistent change of voice
• Chewing and swallowing problems
• Lump in the neck
• Bleeding, pain or numbness of mouth or nose
• Pain when opening mouth
• Facial, neck or ear pain
Our Miracle Team will do their best for a favourable outcome
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.