Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vanaja J
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vanaja JYour feedback matters!
If pre semen ejaculated & goes to vagina if there is any possibility for a women for pregnancy? Please advice
It's first time my periods were not came till now I don't have my periods it's 11 days above I don't know what's the matter plzz tell what will I do plzz plzz tell me I really scared.
My wife had 13 weeks pregnancy and she suffers from cough .Doctor suggest GRilinctus-BM can we use? please suggest.
Hi my wife is using Tablet: deviry 10 mg before marriage for 16 days daily twice. Her period cycle got shifted and now am planning for vacation very soon and want to know if she can use the same tablets to delay periods? More importantly is it safe to use the tablets or will it affect her health. Kindly let me know.
I am 8 month pregnant and suffering from white discharge is it normal from last 3 months I am suffering from this problem white discharge is thick.
Fertility in women can be affected because of various external or internal reasons. It is good to understand the problems since this fast becoming a very common problem.
The causing factors usually include -
1. Ovulation problems - One reason for female infertility is when eggs don't mature in the ovaries. This is known as ovulation problems. Possible symptoms of this are absent or irregular periods and the possible solution is keeping a check on body weight, taking fertility drugs and/or having IVF.
2. Uterus problem - There are tissues, known as endometrial tissues which form the lining of the uterus. When they grow outside the uterus, it is called endometriosis and can be a reason for infertility. While some women have no symptoms of this, some have painful periods. Fertility drugs, ivf and surgery to remove the tissue are its possible solutions.
3. Pcos - Pcos or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is of late one of the most common reasons of female infertility. It is characterised by unpredictable ovarian patterns and hormonal imbalances. Possible symptoms are acne, obesity, irregular periods, and excessive hair growth. Weight loss, changes in lifestyle, injected fertility drugs, ivf and ovarian drilling are its possible solutions.
4. Damaged fallopian tubes - Some women have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes which prevent the sperm from getting to the egg. This situation leads to stds and pelvic inflammatory diseases. There are no symptoms as such and the methods of solution are surgery to open the tubes and if that is not possible, to remove the tubes and try ivf.
5. Unidentified reasons - There are many unexplained fertility problems where none of the above mentioned problems exist. In such situations, fertility drugs - with or without artificial insemination or ivf are advised.
Optimal blood supply is needed for all body parts to function at their best possible levels. Diseases that affect the blood flow and blood supply cause problems, especially in the target organs. Claudication, which is cramping of the muscles of the legs and arms, especially during exercise, is one such problem.
It is not a disease per se but a symptom of an underlying disease, most common being a peripheral arterial disease. It does not occur constantly, but is intermittent, which worsens during exercise and is relieved with rest. Very rarely, conditions like deep vein thrombosis, spinal stenosis, peripheral neuropathy, and some other musculoskeletal disorders can also cause claudication.
Peripheral artery disease is the result of atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. With age, there is plaque accumulation along the arterial walls leading to narrowing of the artery. This reduces the vessel thickness and subsequently the amount of blood flowing to the target organs. This reduces oxygen supply to the organs, reducing their efficient functioning. In the instance of legs, especially during exercise, optimal blood flow is required for proper muscle contraction and relaxation. However, reduced blood flow will cause pain and cramping during exercise, manifesting as claudication. The damage to the artery could be a transient, one-off instance due to vasospasm (temporary narrowing); atherosclerosis (permanent narrowing); or due to complete blockage of an artery.
Person with claudication would have extremities that are cool to the touch. In addition,
- Pain when exercising which would be a dull, aching, or throbbing pain. The location and nature of the plaque will determine the severity and area of symptoms. Pain at rest gradually sets in as the disease progresses
- In severe cases, there could be discoloration of the toes and fingers and sores can develop in the feet, toes, arms or fingers. There could also be a burning feeling in this area.
- Poor healing of injuries (cuts, ulcers, etc.) in the arms and legs. These could develop gangrene and even require amputation.
Risk factors: As with any other circulatory disease, risk for peripheral artery disease include:
- Pre-existing heart disease
- Diabetes (poorer the control, more severe the peripheral artery disease)
- Elevated cholesterol levels
- Age more than 70 years
- Obesity (BMI > 30)
- It can affect the quality of life by reducing ability to exercise and can even interfere with work. Regular medications and surgery are the two modes of treatment.
- Cilostazol improves blood flow by dilating the arteries and therefore reduces pain.
- Pentoxifylline reduces the blood viscosity and therefore allows for better free flow in the arteries.
In severe cases, revascularization may be used, but is usually managed with lifestyle changes, controlling risk factors, and the above medications. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am now 6 week 6 days pregnant. When the baby structure and heart beat will visible. I scanned in 6 weeks 2 days on tat oly that oval shape sac has visible.
Indulging in intercourse daily certainly does come with benefits but overdoing the routine can result in various side-effects. According to most medical practitioners and sex-perts, doing it twice a day is considered optimum. Indulging in intercourse daily is a healthy option for couples as it comes with a variety of benefits:
- Reduces stress
- Promotes longevity
- Leads to an increase in blood circulation
- Helps one sleep better
- Improves your fitness level
What happens if you overdo it on a regular basis?
However, stretching it up to thrice is acceptable, but going beyond that number can prove to be harmful as sex is a physical activity which puts strain on your body and genitals. The penis has a resting period, which if not adhered to, can lead to extreme stress on the organ and erectile dysfunction in the long-run. Other than distress in the penis, having sex too many times can also cause soreness in the penis and painful muscle contractions during an orgasm. In women, over-indulging in intercourse can cause tears in the vaginal area which can prove to be very painful while urinating or foreplay the next time. Women are also prone to contracting urinary tract infection, if they indulge in this process too many times. This is the reason why clearing the bladder for women is recommended.
The final verdict
However, sex-perts also believe that is very important for couples to embrace and indulge in this process as physical intimacy and satisfaction plays an important role in sustaining the relationship for a long time. Not having sex for extended periods of time might result in depression and your partner might start looking for other options. Thus, having sex once or twice a day is completely normal and encouraged but for a healthy and sustainable sex life, you should refrain from doing it too many times a day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!