Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. VanajaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old male and I am suffering from stomach pain after take food. What should I do? Please help me.
I am suffering from running nose and sneezing alway very other I have this problem. I went to many doctors to I also tried homeopathy but nothing happened what to do.
I am doing over diet these days and I have put on 8 kg. Weight in just 3 weeks from 42 to 50 What should I do to control my over eating?
My daughter aged around 11 years was infected with severe CHICKEN-POX around 20 days back. She started recovering after around 10 days. A week back, my son aged 17 years got infected with severe chicken-pox and today he has some signs of improvement. I am worried if I or my wife get infection from them. I have heard that eating neem leaves, etc. May prevent myself being infected. Kindly advise as to how I can try to prevent myself from getting infected.
Hiiii im 26years old having problem of chronic sinusitis pls suggest me wht to do. And I have done some check up and doctor concern me to do some balloon surgery please say should I go for it or no and one of my friend told me to drink" Gomutra" which will help to reduce sinus issues.
Sir I was so much motions because of son much of tensions so what want to do I'm please sir I am so suffering from these type of situations so please requesting to you for my sake and also I'm suffering from headache and severe fever from one week so please helping to do some thing for me asking you to do that I want to be clear on the body.
One thing that a weather change brings about is lung infections - most commonly cough and cold. Most people dread the change of seasons from one temperature to another because of the fear of how their body will react to the weather change. Be it extreme hot or cold, most people end up with a cough and cold. The more affected age groups again are the children and the elderly. However, all it takes to prevent this is to plan a little so that the body can get used to the change and not react with a cough or cold.
Prevention: There are few things that can be done which can help avoid catching cold.
- Avoid sudden exposure to cold, from a heated room to the cold outdoors, especially in the evening and morning. Those who are used to a morning and evening walk may have to change the routine.
- Avoid cold food items such as cool drinks, milk shakes and ice-creams.
- Having a warm bath, early morning and late evening is advisable.
- Avoid foods such as sour stuffs, pickles and fried foods.
- Eat small, frequent meals that are prepared fresh are nutritious and of moderate temperature.
- If there are infected people in your neighborhood, avoid being in close contact with them as you might get infected as well.
- Wash your hands enough to keep them free of germs
- As much as cold weather does not make you thirsty, push enough fluids so that your body stays hydrated. If water is not appealing enough, drink warm water or tea or lime.
- Ensure the house, especially kitchen and bathroom are clean and disinfected.
- Avoid exposure to dust and pollen as they carry lot of germs.
- Avoid staying in a poorly ventilated room, enough circulation ensures germs are not concentrated in one room
- Timely vaccination against flu
Treatment: Despite these measures, once the cough and cold has set in, the following are some easy remedies:
- Steam inhalation, preferably with eucalyptus oil added to it.
- Having warm soup with ginger and garlic added to it to soothe the throat
- Ginger and other spices like cardamom and cinnamon can also be added to tea.
- Lemon and honey can be added to a glass of warm water. This will soothe the throat and help fight cold.
- Chewing Tulsi leaves can be beneficial
- Yoga exercises such as Pranayama and Jalneti can be done to cleanse the nasal cavity, prevent sinus congestion, and clear mucus
I am 23 years old male. I need to know masturbation is good for health and what are the side effects. I have a problem of black dots in face and day by day am being lean, is this because of masturbation. It affects marriage life? please suggest.
I am suffering from corn on my foot but now that seems to be a hole like structure in that place. Should remedy for corn to b continued or is that anything else I can do?
Should I drink water before meal or after meal and why? And I heard a rumor that after meal it is good to drink water as it helps in digestion. And if you drink before it kills your hunger. And I heard a one more rumor as well as drinking water after oily food cause highly bad effect to our health like acidity . My mom never allow me to drink water after eating oily food. Can you break these rumor. With strong reasons?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Sir I have a severe back pain and headache since last 1 week. Is there is any better way to resist it. I face very difficulty in doing hardworks.
Glaucoma is the condition of raised intraocular pressure which cause permanent irrepairable blindness of the eyes. Most often glaucoma is heriditary. Myopes are more prone to get glaucoma.
Glaucoma is mainly of three types: Angle Closure /Acute Glaucoma and Open Angle Glaucoma and Secondary Glaucoma.Open Angle Glaucoma is the commonest and mostly occurs after the age of 35 years. 30 percent of eyes have no symptoms. There may be ocular pain, heaviness of eyes, watering, defective vision or defective night vision etc. Glaucoma can be detected by expert Ophthalmologist.
Recording of Intraocular Pressure, Fundus Examination, Automated Field Test and if necessary OCT test has to be done.
Initially the eye pressure is controlled by drugs and when necessary, microsurgical procedure of Trabeculectomy has to be performed. Surgery can cure glaucoma permanently in 95 % of eyes.NEVER TAKE GLAUCOMA LIGHTLY.