Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VaishnaviYour feedback matters!
- On day 4 after extraction as the pain was too much and constant doctor again probed the wound for blood to come out and clots to form (In previous 4 days healing was very poor and less blood came out after tooth extraction). Doctor said I have less blood. - On 5th day I visited dentist again as pain was too much last night (I have to go to doctor at night and had an injection for pian), doctor filled wound with temporary cement for a week to relieve pain and heal. Now my concern is will this heal with this method? And is yes then how much time? If no then what is to be done?
I am taking eptoin 100g twice daily, dompan twice daily and montekulast 10g daily. I having a bad breadth although I brush twice. please advice some home remedies to get rid of it.
Doctor, I am a 18 year old guy. I have irregular teeths. I don't want to put braces on my teeths, is there any other solution to straighten my teeths?
Is it possible that if root canal treatment is not done properly or by inefficient dental surgeon may lead to internal tumour near the tooth ?
Hi doctors, I have this tongue problem from a week like it has red lines normal spots surrounded by red lines and it pains a little when I bite it. No idea what it is! Please reply and tell if it is anything serious, how to cure it. I don't have any other symptoms. Some of the family members say its due to heat in the body. But I need experts advice thanks you.
My mouth smells very much. What can I do to get rid of this. I brush twice a day with Colgate but this continues. Doctor what should I do.
My tooth are having cavities and I wanted to cure it. I want all my 32 tooth in a good condition. please help.
Actually my mouth is smelling very badly. What is the proper treatment for avoid it and what is the best usable tooth brush and tooth paste?
I had a small accident in which my front teeth broke into half, I consulted my dentist and he had root canaled it, now he is out of town for next week. I just need to know how long does it really take to make a fake tooth cap of given measurements. I have exams in two weeks I do not want to attend them like this. please help what should I do?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.