Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cone Biopsy
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Dr. My mother and father both are cancer patients, my grandmother also died because of cancer ,So is there any possibility that in future I can also be a victim of cancer.!
Hello sir my father have a prostate problem before 2 years lot of medicines he try but no improvement so what should he do.
Hello sir, My father is 65, and recent sonography test detected that he has mild prostate enlargement with significant post void residual urine. What treatment he should go please tell me?
My girlfriend has a lump on breast, this was like a big 1 Rupee coin, this is ok? I heard many people have that, also I hard that this is symptoms of breast cancer . What to do.
For past few months I am facing problem in my left breast, it pains specially in night. And also there is kind of knot in my breast. Help me.
Tumor is at base of the tongue detected with cancer (carcinoma). CT scan finding- 1. homogeneously enhancing mass lesion is seen at posterior accept of tongue and extending into vallecula and measuring 3.3x2.9x2.3 c. M. The preepiglottic space and right lateral pharyngeal wall is involved. Possibly right sided genioglossus muscle. It is an T2N0M0 stage. Is it possible for surgery to remove the cancer as first step of treatment?
My friend is having a cyst (gaanth) in her chest. Its emotionally distressfull and really painful for her. She is taking meds but the pain is too much. She also suffers from back ache and weakness and stomach ache. Please tell me what should she do?
Colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer or bowel cancer; is the occurrence of cancer in the colon and the rectum region. Colorectal cancer may either be malignant or benign, the former spreads to other areas of the body whereas, the latter stays confined to its place. It is characterized by an abnormal growth of cells in the rectum or the colon.
The various surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer are:
1. Right colectomy: This procedure involves removal of the right part of the colon. A part of the small intestine, which is attached to the right side of the colon, known as ileum, is also removed.
2. Partial colectomy: In partial colectomy, only a portion of the colon that has been affected by cancer is removed. The remaining parts are fused together in a process called ‘Anastomosis’. This procedure does not cause much change in your bowel habits.
3. Total abdominal colectomy: In this procedure, the large intestine is removed from the body.
4. Abdominoperineal resection: Abdominoperineal resection involves removing the rectum, anus and the sigmoid colon (part of the intestine that leads to the rectum).
5. Total proctocolectomy: This is an extensive procedure wherein, both the colon and the rectum are removed. If the anus is weak or damaged, then it needs to be removed as well.
Apart from these procedures, there are other surgical procedures that complement the above procedures, they are:
1. Fecal diversion: This is a procedure where an opening is formed between the small intestine and the skin’s surface so that it facilitates the healing process.
2. K pouch: The K pouch also called continent ileostomy is a pouch, which is attached to the anus so that feces can be passed normally. The K pouch contains nipple valve that prevents leakage; it is emptied by inserting a catheter in the stoma.
3. Stomas: A stoma is an opening on the skin of the bowel. This is done when the normal route of bowel is disturbed after a surgery.