Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V. VaradharajanYour feedback matters!
My baby is 15 months old and his weight is approx 8 kg. I had found worms (thin white) in stool. What medicine should I use and dosage?
My baby is 1 and half months old .i m going for vaccination for her .it will be difficult for baby to bear the pain so please suggest me some remedy and medicine so that she will feel and can sleep well.
6 months old baby now he is weight 5.5 kgs.He is not increased his weight still one month Birth weight 2.7 kgs. Sir / madam please tell me diet and precursions. What can take the next step
Hello Dr, age 35, I got married at a young age of 19, I have two beautiful daughter's age 16 and 9 years old, one day I found my elder daughter masturbating in her room, I am very worried nowadays, I have not told this to my husband, I don't know how to handle the issue, its so sensitive, please help.
My 1 year 8 months baby is suffering from Ventricular septal defect with perimembranous extension. Gradient of 30 mmhg. Doctor has advised for open heart surgery. I want to know that open heart surgery is must in this case or not and if yes then how many days are needed in the hospital for the treatment of heart surgery?
I have a niece and she has patients of nephritic syndrome at the age of 10-12 months and we are getting treatment from PGI chandigarh but she is not getting well now. what to do?
My baby is 2 years and 3 months old with 10.5 kg weight, and when I touch her abdomen or forehead it seems like quite up level temperature than normal. When I check with thermometer it shows like 98.0 like that What would be the reason?
Here are some tips to help you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
Check your risk of diabetes. Take the life! risk assessment test and learn more about your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A 12+ score indicates that you are at high risk and may be eligible for the life! program - a free victorian lifestyle modification program that helps you reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Manage your weight. Excess body fat, particularly if stored around the abdomen, can increase the body’s resistance to the hormone insulin. This can lead to type 2 diabetes.
Exercise regularly. Moderate physical activity on most days of the week helps manage weight, reduce blood glucose levels and may also improve blood pressure and cholesterol.
Eat a balanced, healthy diet. Reduce the amount of fat in your diet, especially saturated and trans fats. Eat more fruit, vegetables and high-fibre foods. Cut back on salt.
Limit takeaway and processed foods. convenience meals are usually high in salt, fat and kilojoules. It's best to cook for yourself using fresh ingredients whenever possible.
Limit your alcohol intake. Too much alcohol can lead to weight gain and may increase your blood pressure and triglyceride levels. Men should have no more than two standard drinks a day and women should have no more than one.
Quit smoking. Smokers are twice as likely to develop diabetes as non-smokers.
Control your blood pressure. Most people can do this with regular exercise, a balanced diet and by keeping a healthy weight. In some cases, you might need medication prescribed by your doctor.
Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease have many risk factors in common, including obesity and physical inactivity.
See your doctor for regular check-ups. As you get older, it's a good idea to regularly check your blood glucose, blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels.
My son's age is 26 days. Born on 02.05. 2015. But, now-a-days, he has gastric problem. Always sound like" woh woh. After feeding either he goes toilet or make noise like that. Even though bumping does not help him. What home remedies we will do for him? by birth, he has one teeth on lower jaw, which taken out by dentist. But, jaw is up at that place. What will do. Due to teeth. Is such gastric problem arise? remedies, please?
Teens who are overweight or obese and even those in the high range of normal body mass index face an increased risk of death from heart disease and stroke in middle age. Obese teenagers were five times more likely to die of coronary artery disease by middle age compared to those of normal weight. This study stresses the importance of maintaining a healthy weight during childhood and adolescence. As a significantly number of overweight and Obese teens has grown substantially in recent years.
My daughter had met with an accident at the age five had injured in righ side forehead, now she is nine years old, scar is now more visible looking odd, kindly suggest a remedy for this? Is plastic surgery is advisable?
My son 6 years old does not have fluent speech. He speaks very little sentences only. We went to speech therapist and he advised for a CARS test and he scored 25 out of 60 and the doctor said that he has focusing problems, behavioral problems and advised to join a one month speech therapy session. I just gone through various websites to get a solution for my son. I have noticed that diet can make him alright as he has very mild autistic features. Diet like: Avoid dairy products except Camel milk Gluten free diet Organic fish and cod liver oil Millets and coconut milk Organic vegetables And few more in the list. Please advise me if am going in right way. When I asked the doctor about the diet then he says no need to follow such diets as they are for heavily autistic kids. Please advise Thanks
I have 2 year old child suffering below average weight (9 kg) due to lacking of not taking food as tendency of vomiting. What step can I get?
My child's age is 3 years old and His weight is only 10 kg and I consulted Dr. for gain his weight but nothing happen. Kindly suggest me what to do for gain his weight.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera, asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.
Dear Sir, My daughter (15 Months baby) suffering from severe constipation (Tight Motion. Kindly request you to give permanent solution for this problem. Thanking you sir.
My son has 8 months baby his urine result is occasional pus cells 10-15/hpf and he passes small amount of urine and also in short time he passes again small amount of urine. He vomit or vomit sensation daily. His skin color changes daily (blackish. This is what disease.
I am 28 years old. I have a baby. He is 3 years old. My baby is suffering from cough. I give some medicine. But it is not cure.
My baby is 7 month old, I started solids on mrng and eve, is it true that digestion will not smoothly done if we give foods after 6 pm? When is the correct time?
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.