Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V Udaya BhaskarYour feedback matters!
Hi. My husband just got to know that he is suffering from anxiety. .He is short tempered, pulse rate remain high. Lack of sleep, specially at night. From past 1 n half month he us not going for work also.
Hello doctors. I am having thyroid and pcos. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, gestational diabetes too in my last pregnancy due to which my baby couldn't make it long and fetal heart stop beating at 32 weeks of gestation period all because of IUGR. Baby weight was 350gms only. I had a normal delivery then. Its almost one year now and I am trying to conceive again but having 3 failed cycles. Ovulation does take place at day 13 or 14 but I am not able to conceive. This time my doctors prescribe me few test- FDS, TSH, AGS, TORCH (igg & igm), HIV for both husband and wife, VDRL for both husband and wife, ESR, GLYCOSYLATED Hb. What are these test for? And what is the difference between FDS & RDS? Bcz I think my doctor misspel it. On one prescription she has written RDS and on other lab prescription FDS? Both test are same or different?
I m 24 years old guy. Frm lst 3-4 years in summer days I used to get rashes n my back n neck area. And it turned to bruises n it looked like someone has burned my skin. Its soo painful as skin contracts as it become dry dat I m not able to wear my t shirts. Dr. havnt give me satisfactory anws. Dey used to say its sun allergy. Bt why I m getting ds every years in months of may n june. please hlp me out. By profession I m civil engg n I hve to wrk in opn atmosphere.
My mother has thyroid problem in neck. She is very weak and also have the problem of low blood pressure. What should I do?
I am 2 years old male and I feel like my head is spinning. What is the possible remedy for this? Please advise.
Hi, I am 50 year old man. Which herbal medicine can I use to increase my sex stamina and to stay long and safe sex?
My penis is 1.7 inch in flaccid and 3.7 in erect. Is it ok for a satisfying sex. Or I cannot do with this penis? my girth about 3.8 inches. Please give a detailed information.
I am suffering from sour throat & fever since 4 days. One doctor said due to over heat, after 2 days I went to another doctor he gave medicine by telling due to cold and flu, but no relief, another problem arise that is little bit of bleeding in motions. Please kindly help.
My father is Bed ridden, he was getting fever from past three four days, yesterday in his routine check-up every thing was fine except his urine culture is shows urine infection. Kindly suggest some medicine and precaution to be taken for.
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.
Suffering with pcod from 2 years. Periods are not regular. Difficulties to conceive. Please suggest medicineWant to get pregnant.
During sex which lubricants should be used by couples? Please name the best lubrication methods or medication. Thank you.
Hello dear doctors, M 24 years old, I don't smoke Bt also have a breathing problem. Even running for a short distance also I feel so uncomfortable to breathe that I can't run. Please doc's help me out.
Late sleep timing linked to poorer diet quality, lower physical activity
A new study suggests that among healthy adults with a habitual sleep duration of at least 6.5 hours, late sleep timing was associated with higher fast food consumption.