Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.T.S.Arul SivakumarYour feedback matters!
Hey I am 18 years old and I am male and I am suffering from a problem I am facing now black skin please help me I want to become fair as I was before only because of sun I became dark.
I'm 21years old female and I want to know the best homeremedies for beautiful skin on face and hands. How to get fair skin. Thankyou.
My father has bald head. I am 18 now. I am suffering from hair fall. Any diagnosis for it? If there is how much it costs?
Hello, Sir I am 18 years old young boy and my face skin colour is not too white I mean it is black. So I want a fair skin. So how can I get it. Please give me sone suggestion
Are your dark knees and elbows bothering you from being fashionable and exploring yourself? Here comes the solution for the problem. We list out the best Home Remedies to get rid of dark knees and elbows. Most often Home Remedies are preferred as they are low cost techniques, natural with no side effects.
Major causes for dark knees and elbows are: -
Dead skin accumulation
Exposure to friction
Changes in Hormone levels
How to get rid of dark knees and elbows:
Wet your skin and use soap or a cleanser to remove the dirt. Then scrub gently to exfoliate and retain the glow. Use scrubs such as rice bran, oats, almond, salt mixed with water or milk. Massage for about 5 – 10 minutes and wash the skin. Then use a moisturizer to hydrate your skin leaving it smooth and soft. Best natural moisturizing agents are aloevera gel, almond oil, seaweed paste. Later evenly apply sun screen lotion through out the skin. Use skin whitening and bleaching agents to get a lighter skin tone.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Knees and Elbows:
Ingredients: Aloevera, Honey
How to use: The best homemade remedy used for years now. Prepare fresh aloevera juice and add honey to it. Blend well and mask the affected areas with this mixture. After 20 minutes, wash with water. This is the best mixture that rejuvenates the skin giving a healthy and fresh look.
Ingredients: Gram Flour, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using gram flour and milk. Apply gently and massage for 15 minutes. Allow it to dry and wash off with water. Gram flour acts as a scrub in removing dead skin cells.
Ingredients: Almond, Milk
How to use: Make a paste using almond and milk. Use this oil mix every day for best results. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, Helps in eliminating toxins from your body.
How to use: Take cucumber, cut into pieces and mash it. Apply and leave this paste for about 10-15 minutes then wash it off. A perfect remedy to boost your skin tone.
Ingredients: Orange Peel, Honey
How to use: Take dried orange peel and grind it into powder. Add honey to it and make a fine paste. Massage on the skin in circular motion and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Then rinse it off.
Ingredients: Sandalwood Powder, Rose Water
How to use: Sandalwood is an antibiotic and acts as a cleanser. Make a paste using sandalwood powder and rose water in required proportions. Apply on skin, allow it to dry and rinse it off.
How to use: Milk is widely used as a skin bleacher. With cotton dipped in milk, rub gently and evenly on the skin. Wash with warm water after 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Lemon juice
How to use: For many years lemon juice is used as a bleaching agent. It is rich in vitamin C and citric acid. Daily rub lemon juice to your knees and elbows and wash it with warm water.
How to use: Potato used as an ideal tan removing agent. Used widely as a bleach to skin. Peel the potato skin and grate it. Make it into a paste by adding rose water. Apply to face and wash it after 20 minutes.
There is an old saying “Prevention is better than cure”. Below mentioned are simple techniques to prevent dark knees and elbows.
Scrub: The act of Scrubbing is called exfoliation. Scrubbing removes dead skin and dirt that darkens skin. Too much scrubbing results in dry and damaged skin. Use gentle and mild scrubbing agents.
Sunscreen lotion: Before sun or water exposures apply sunscreen lotion. Long-term exposure to ultraviolet rays damages the skin and results in premature aging of the skin. Whenever it is too sunny apply sun screen lotion for every 3 hours. Try to wear full sleeves and full pants to cover yourself from damage. Ensure that your Sunscreen lotion contains SPF (Sun Protection Factor) or higher than that.
Healthy diet: Eating right food at right time is the best mantra for a perfect skin. Ensure your diet is having many fruits and vegetables with adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Healthy diet helps skin to glow.
Water: Apart from using moisturizing and hydrating agents, it’s good to hydrate skin from inside. Have loads of water daily to keep your skin healthy and fit.
Minimize usage of deodorants/perfumes
Hello madam, I am suffering with belly fat and stomach my weight is 73 male and age 24 and also my body physic good but only belly fat and stomach. kindly give me suggestions for good body structure and hair fall also. I ever grateful if you suggest right way thanking you.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoo but no effect yet I am not sure what also can I do can you please help me with this. Too please.
Psoriasis is a disorder which is characterized by rapid multiplication of skin cells on the skin’s surface. These extra skin cells develop into silvery scales, which are often dry and itchy. It may also lead to formation of painful red patches on the skin. This disorder might produce symptoms, which flare up and reduce periodically. There is no cure for psoriasis; treatments however can make the symptoms manageable.
The symptoms of psoriasis include red patches on the skin and scaly and dry skin. The red patches might be itchy and one might often experience a burning sensation around the area. The joints in your body may also become stiff and swollen.
The exact cause of psoriasis has not been ascertained. The accepted theory is that psoriasis occurs when the immune system attacks the healthy skin cells. There is a type of white blood cell called the ‘T cell’, whose function is to combat harmful virus or bacteria in the body. With Psoriasis or any other autoimmune disorder, these T cells start attacking the healthy (skin) cells.
Overactive ‘T Cells’ may trigger other responses in the body, thus, leading to excess production of skin cells and white blood cells. The excess cells move to the skin surface and end up causing the red painful patches.
Treatment options to manage psoriasis
Although there’s no cure for psoriasis as such, the symptoms can be controlled. The treatment options for psoriasis are:
1. Topical treatments: Topical treatments involve application of creams and lotions. They have been mentioned below:
I. Corticosteroids: Corticosteroid creams or lotions reduce the excess skin cell production, thus, reducing inflammation. They are generally not used as a long term treatment as they cause skin thinning.
II. Vitamin D analogues: A synthetic form of Vitamin D, it helps in slowing down skin cell growth.
III. Salicylic acid: This treatment is used to reduce scaling on the skin, caused due to psoriasis. It is usually administered along with other medications.
2. Light therapy: Light therapy involves using sunlight or artificial light to reduce inflammation and scaling. It helps in reducing the activity of T cells in the body.
3. Oral medications
In case of severe symptoms, oral medications are prescribed. Medications such methotrexate helps in reducing the excess production of skin cells. Cyclosporine is a drug that is used to suppress the erroneous immune system response. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 18 years old female and my problem is hairfall and thinning of my hair what should I do to prevent it?
Sir/mam I am 42 female, I have masa (small out growth of skin) almost black coloured on my face, they are too small special on my cheeks near eyes. Some one suggested to get them off I need to undergo laser treatment. Someone suggested me some thuja tablets in homeopath. What is right? If tablets are right then which one to take? And if laser then how much is it costing approximately?
Facial hair hai pcos Ke wajha se, so laser treatment karege kya woh hamesha ke leye chale jayege please doctor bataye laser karwayege hamesha ke leye chale jayege? Please advise.
Nowadays I am getting lots of pimples on my face I don't know exact reason behind this, doctor please suggest me what should I do?
I am having this corn like structure at downside of my left feet and it is paining while pressed in that area like while walking barefoot I used corn cap for 4 days and the swollen part got reduced but the pain is still there please help with this.
Hair loss may happen due to a variety of reasons including hereditary issues as well as aging and skin or scalp problems. A poor diet and inappropriate lifestyle choices like excessive drinking and smoking can also lead to hair loss. Many people also experience hair loss due to hormonal changes. Also, hair loss may happen as a side effect of certain types of medication as well as surgery related to cancer, which includes chemotherapy. Yet, genetic reasons for hair loss remain the most common cause when it comes to both men and women. Cosmetic procedures can often be used to fix severe hair loss issues. Know more about Healthy Skin.
Here is a list of cosmetic procedures available for the same:
- Hair Transplant: This procedure is also known as hair grafting and is often used to treat male pattern balding. This is an outpatient and relatively uncomplicated procedure that can be conducted at the clinic of a dermatologist surgeon. The process consists of the application of micro grafts where one or two hair can be contained in each graft. Strip grafts containing 30 to 40 strands of hair can also be applied in such a procedure. The doctor will usually administer local anaesthesia into the scalp so as to ensure that the patient feels minimum discomfort during the procedure.
- Scalp Reduction: In this procedure, the dermatologist surgeon will usually remove the skin which is not bearing hair any longer. The rest of the skin that is capable of growing hair will then be stretched across the scalp so that the bald area can be eliminated. This stretching action is done by loosening the skin of the surrounding area once the non-hair-bearing skin has been removed. In this method too, the doctor will first administer local anaesthesia.
- Flap Surgery: In this kind of surgery, the doctor will remove a section of the bald area and replace it with a flap of skin that is capable of sprouting hair. This hair bearing skin flap is positioned properly before being stitched into place during the surgery. While this is a challenging procedure, one will see immediate results as the remaining skin is still connected to the original blood supply that will promote hair growth for the flap as well.
- Laser Assisted Grafting: While there are many kinds of hair grafting techniques, laser assisted grafting is one of the most commonly used ones in today's day and age. Before the surgery, the doctor will prepare the area by trimming the donor area. This will allow easy application of and access to the grafts. Site holes will be closed with stitches which will in turn, be concealed with the hair that surrounds the area.
Sebaceous cysts are also called as epidermoid cysts are characterized by the formation of small bumps beneath the skin, which are, however, noncancerous and can appear anywhere on the neck or face. Usually arising from sebaceous glands, sebaceous cysts are often harmless and take a long time to grow and develop. They normally do not cause any severe problems as such, but if they tend to be bothersome and painful, then you consult a doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
Signs and symptoms of sebaceous cysts include:
- Small, round bumps found underneath the skin.
- Formation of a thick, yellow, pungent-smelling material that may or may not leak from the cysts.
- Formation of small blackheads clogging the opening of the cyst.
- When inflamed, the area turns reddish in color and may swell up.
Causes behind it
Sebaceous cysts develop when the sebaceous glands or ducts are either damaged or clogged. Sebaceous glands generally secrete keratin and sebum, oils which are responsible for coating the hair and skin. Whenever they get blocked, these fluids accumulate, resulting in the formation of cysts. Whenever they get damaged, the cysts burst open and keratin oozes out as a thick and yellow fluid. Blockage or damage can occur because of any of the following reasons:
- Cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
- Skin conditions like acne.
- Genetic problems like Garner's syndrome.
- Cell damage because of surgery.
- A deformed gland or duct.
A few factors which may make you more vulnerable to growing sebaceous cysts:
- If you have a history of acne.
- If you receive injuries to the skin.
- If you are past the age of puberty.
- If you have rare genetic disorders.
If the cysts trouble or bother you in any way, you should consider receiving treatment as they can cause further problems in the near future. These may include:
- Boil-like infections.
- Genital discomforts such as problems in urinating.
- Even when it is not infected, a cyst can get inflamed causing a lot of pain and uneasiness.
- Sebaceous cysts can, in extremely rare cases, lead to skin cancer.