Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. V.SaravananYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year and suffering from migraine from last 2 years I have gone through many doctors but they can't care of it. What should I do to control it?
What is GBS in neurology Is it common in todays world What are its symptoms and how it is diagnosed.
The Indian government only recognized autism in 2001. Till the 1980s, there were reports that the disorder didn't exist in India. Experts worldwide have estimated that 2-6 children out of every 1000 have autism. In India, currently, 10 million people are suffering.
Autism is a complex developmental disability which starts presenting itself in the first 3 years of a child's life. It is a result of a neurological disorder which affects the normal brain functions of a child, thus eventually affecting their communication (verbal as well as non-verbal) and social skills.
Keep in mind that different children behave differently due to autism; no two children will ever have the exact symptoms. Some may experience mild symptoms while others may experience severe ones.
Social skills: an autistic child will interact in a very different way. If the symptoms in the child are mild, then such people are socially clumsy and awkward, may pass comments which seem offensive to others and may or may not be out of sync with other people of their age group. For those suffering from severe symptoms, they show absolutely no interest in people whatsoever.
Autistic children also find it extremely hard to understand the feelings and emotions of others.
Touch: children with autism have shown dislike to physical contact like being touched, cuddled, hugged etc. However, this is not true for everybody. Many will sometimes hug a parent or a friend, and enjoy that moment of contact greatly.
For children with autism, their social and communicative skills lag behind while their cognitive skills develop quickly enough. Similarly, their language skills might develop rapidly while their motor skills lag behind. For example, they may not be very good at sports, but their vocabulary would be the largest in their age group.
Hello, I want to know about my father. He is 62 years old. in 2011 he was attached with brain stroke. Now he is taking tablet" telvas am "for controlling bp. But now a days bp is 103/61. So can you please tell me is it harmful for him in future or not? Thanks,
I am 39 years old and my weight is 92 kgs. My problem is in my sleep some nights my left hand and leg will go numb and suddenly it shivers. I use prolomet xl 25 for my high bp. Rest all fine.
My left hand remains weak and sometimes I feel like shaking. I have consulted a neurologist. I had gone for brain ct scan and nerve test also. I had been suggested medicine: amipox, rejusite and oslol tr 20 for 6 months. I completed the course but did not get relief. I still take the medicine since 2 years which gives me relief. I also feel depression sometimes. Kindly suggest what should I do.
My cousin (age 44 years) got first fits 15 days back. Then he lost memory for 8 hours. Then consulted neuro surgeon and under went all brain related tests and MRI scanning. All reports are normal. Why fits has come and lost short time memory? Is there chances fits again?
I want locally and easily available strongest sleeping tablet for 8 hours sleep. Because I am suffering from insomnia disorder. please name the tablet.
I had pain in my right side body. From head to toe. Sometimes in right back side of head got dumb. Mostly elbow of right hand had pain, its more on bending hand from elbow, this pain is very much. Sometimes right eye had also pain. Like got pressure in eye, in short full right body. Pain. I also tried some exercise but it increase the pain.(Full day using computer. I think its due to continue use of it) please give proper solution. Thanks.
Daily between 10: 00 am to 10: 45 am there is a urge of hunger with shivering of my whole body specially face, hand and I got stuck I can not even think anything with my brain, I take breakfast at 7: 00 am daily, my sugar level is under 100. please help me what to do, why it isbhappening.
My wife had a fall in kitchen a month ago. Mri was done. Now she is ok and can walk easily. However in some area in leg she does not feel any sensation. Please Guide and help.
I feel weak very often. Many a times my hands feel numb. If I do not take food on time I can not even stand stil feeling firm from inside. I have erectile dysfunction also. What I think is I take too much stress. What should I do to gain strength from inside.
Sir my child was 12 years old. Three times he suddenly fell on ground without any reason in toilet. Pl explain me why these happen and what can I do about him.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine (learn about the exercises for spine). These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees (know more about the Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain). Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines.