Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.R.Dhanalakshmi
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.R.DhanalakshmiYour feedback matters!
My face is full of blackheads and pimples what should I do to reduce them. Currently I am using the skin ointment FOURDERM On every next morning I found enhanced fairness level of my face But there is no healing of blackheads and pimples What to do?
I am 48 years old woman and I have ringworms on my inner highs and hip. I am suffering from these around 6 months. I used fourderm and Eberconazole but it does not effect. I use quadidrem it, it effects a little but not relief so much. Please recommend me any oral medicine or any cream.
Suggest a soap for me. My face becoming oily after just one hour of bathing. And face cream which would enhance my colour.
How your baldness is completely reversible (non-surgically)?
Dermaroller treatment follows the prp treatment.
Let's understand how does it work.
What is derma roller?
Dermaroller is an instrument with multiple small needles attached to a handle, which is rolled over the treatment area, to stimulate hair follicles.
How does derma roller work?
It activates stem cells in hair bulge region and releases growth factors to stimulate re-growth. It is again a painless procedure and is usually done without anesthesia.
Any risk or side effect of derma roller?
There is no risk for using derma roller as it is used is a completely aseptic and clean environment.
Are results achieved with prp + derma roller permanent?
This treatment reverses the 'hair loss stage' to 'hair growth stage' and once the bald scalp is covered with hair, the results can be maintained with just a solution. However, some patients may need prp for maintenance every 6 months to 1 year.
Advantages of i-prp
- Simple, effective and non-surgical procedure
- Completely safe, as your own blood is used.
- Hair regrowth with i-prp gives best cosmetic appearances.
- It gives a natural density. Number of hair strands is in lakhs as compared to a maximum of 6000 hair follicles that can be grafted when a hair transplant treatment is done.
- The hair growth direction remains same (giving a completely natural look), which is not the case with hair transplant treatment where the hair growth direction changes (giving an odd look).
- Cost of i-prp is much less compared to hair transplant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.