Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V Pradeepa
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. V PradeepaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have problem eyes and ears. While I work for 2 or 3 hours eyes gets wet. This problem persist for 4 years. Also ear get pains while listen loud sound.
How to increase eyesight. How to gain weight. How to take good diet. How to be healthy. How to avoid pimple?
My eyes are not healthy got glasses, want to remove them, is there a ny way to remove them within 2～4 months?
Hi My problem is heart is paining upper side middle side lower side and back side at least 4 months and I am check on dtd. April .16 lipid profile . Normal report ECHO. Normal Report TMT. Normal Report ECG . On dtd 25. July.2016 Normal report MRI. C3. 4.5.6 and 7 nurvse roots r mild diffuse please advise this is heart related issue or a cerival problem please reply.
I am Venu. My age 20. My eyes getting red. When iam studying? That time iam getting more tears can't study well. What the problem for my eys. This problem face last 1 week.
I have severe pain in my body and a burning sensation in my eyes. Please advise me how to cure this?
I am 63, male, own firm. Have diabetes for over 15 years and COPD as well. Eye under regular chek up for glaucoma, retina assessment. Diseases appears to be under CONTROL. But medicines intake are large. For diabetes- diamicron xr 60 @ breakfast, Volibo. 3@lunch and Tenglyn 20mg@dinner. Last HgAc reading-6.5 (nov 1) For COPD -Tiova rotacap 1, Budate 400 trnscap 1, Onbeze inhaler! daily and AB phylline cap with Dilzem30For Glaucoma prevention- Alphagan Z Eye drop 2 times daily. Taking all these medicines regularly for last 3 yearsAny change required after prolong use. Any better alternatives?
When I stare something for a while water comes out from my eyes and irritation starts in my eyes. They also become red. What should I do?
Sir my baby is only 13 days and he is suffering eye infection like Watery and sticky from last 8 days. I am using ciplox eye drop immediately one drop two times continue 5 days and after that from last three days I am using ointment one time in a day but still problem same. Sir please advise me what am I do. Please sir.
I got an pimple in eye (in white retina) I was not paining but it hurting at the time of closing and opening my eye (I have use CIPLOX eye drops)
Hello doctor, Very frequently I'm getting some issue like getting cold running nose and red eyes. Now day's hair fall is also more and eye side also increasing for long distance around 100 mtr its not clear visible. Please advise what may be Please advise what will be the cause and how it can be treated.
To help avoid workplace - dry eye and eye strain, follow these eye ergonomics tips.
1. Stay at arm’s length: try placing the monitor 25 inches away from your face. No measuring tape? put your screen an arm’s length away.
2.Take care of glare: while many new phones and laptops have glass screens with excellent picture quality, they also produce a strong glare that can aggravate the eyes. If you use a glass screen device, try a matte filter for your screen.
3. Give your eyes a break: strain occurs after long, continuous periods of reading paper or viewing digital screens up close. follow the 20-20-20 rule: take a break every 20 minutes by looking at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Looking into the distance allows your eyes to relax.
4. Defy dry eye: many newer office buildings have humidity - controlled environments that suck moisture out of the air. In winter, heaters on high can further dry your eyes. Try a desktop humidifier to add localized moisture.
Keep artificial tears at hand to help lubricate your eyes.
5. Lighten up: when your screen is much brighter than your surroundings, your eyes have to work harder to see. Adjusting your environmental lighting can reduce eye strain. Also, try increasing the contrast on your monitor.
1. This fruit is packed with plenty of vitamins such as vitamin a and e to improve your eyesight. In addition to it, custard apple has vitamin b2 and riboflavin that protect your eyes from vision problems.
2. Facilitates digestion- Rich in copper and dietary fibre, custard apple helps keep your digestive tract in the pink of health. The digestion of food and its passage through the gut and intestinal tract becomes smoother.
3. Treats arthritis- Magnesium in custard apples maintains a healthy balance of fluids and electrolytes in your body. This removes the excess of acids and fluids in your joints which leads to inflammation.
I have spectacle and the number goes on increasing every year. What should I do to reduce my number?
A cataract is defined as a clouding of lens in the eye where your vision gets blurred. A cataract affects the eyes, when light that passes through the lens prevents a clearly formed image from reaching your retina. The disease is very common and usually develops as your eyes age or due to any injury caused to the tissues that cover your eye's lens.
Types of cataracts:
- Senile Cataract: This is the commonest of all. It is age-related clouding of the lens. It can affect the near or distance vision and can also cause glare and change in glasses power.
- Secondary Cataract: It can be developed after surgery for other eye problems like glaucoma and other health conditions such as diabetes.
- Traumatic Cataract: It can develop many years later after an injury caused to your eye.
- Congenital Cataract: As the term explains, the disease may be inborn or some children might develop it at a later stage which often affects both eyes.
- Radiation Cataract: It can form after you are exposed to some form of radiation.
A cataract surgery involves the extraction or cleaning of the cloudy lens, which is then replaced by a clear artificial lens.
Why does it happen?
There are lens that lies behind our iris and pupil which act much like a camera lens. It helps concentrate light onto the retina at the back of our eye to form a sharply defined image. Besides, the lens also helps our eyes to adjust focus and allows us to see things clearly both far away and up close. The lens is composed of protein and water where the protein is arranged in a manner to keep the lens clear thereby letting light pass through it.
However, as we grow old, some of the protein starts to become thick and cloud a small lens area. This is known as a cataract. With the passage of time, it may inflate and cover more of the lens, making it difficult for us to see.
Besides, there are other causes of cataract such as smoking, addiction of alcohol, prolonged sunlight exposure, to name a few.
When should you opt for a cataract surgery?
Believe it or not, but till date no eye drop or medication has proven to reverse or prevent the formation of a cataract. If a cataract is affecting your nearsightedness or alteration in your prescription, then new prescription eyeglasses may help to better your blurred vision. However, the only treatment for a cataract is the surgical removal of your natural lens. And, most eye doctors recommend this surgery only when the problem becomes severe and starts hampering your day-to-day activities, such as studying or driving at night.