Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. V PradeepaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 47 yrs old. Since last 2 months I feel irritation & sense of scratching I my eyes & the eyes turn red &tears roll out. What should I do?
Is masturbation on daily basis cause these things? 1) Blurred eye vision 2) Whitening of hair and hair fall 3) Dark circles under eyes Kindly reply me these three questions as early as possible. Thank you!
My eyesight is weak and wearing glasses for three years. What should I have to do for betterment of my eyes?
have done epi lasik surgery cmplted 25 days for eyes Still I have some blur when I will get clarity.
Sir. Viral conjunctivitis ke Karan mujhe dhundhla dikhai padta hai. Mai tear drop ka use kr rha huuuu. Kya ye completly thik ho skta hai. Plzzz help with us.
I have puffy eyes for over two months now, I use laptop for nearly 10 hours a day. What can do to remove the swelling under my eyes?
Hello eye doctors, can you please help on this, under eyes I have black, my color is whitish its visible clearly, can you please suggest me any cream or remedy for get rid of this black spot under the eye.
Left eye red and painful in Aug 2016. Diagnosed nodular scleritis. Given wysalone tabs, 60mg a day, reducing 10 mg a week for 28 days and navnec drops 3 times a day. Redness subsided but after 3 weeks, again symptoms appeared. Was given pred forte drops 4 times a day, reducing 1 drop a week for 28 day's. This treatment will end in 10 days. If i get the symptoms again, should i continue pred forte? Please help as I am out of town and can't meet my doctor.
I have a yellowish colour inside my eyes and having a swear pain? So Please tell me what can I do for that.
I feel pain in eye brow often .I have cold always some times the percentage of cold may increase. .my xray reports urine and blood tests shows all are going good. .what is the reason for continuous cold.
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.
From last 2 days I feel some vibration in the pupil of my left eye. Why does it so, Is it a serious problem, I should consult a doctor.
I am facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
Most types of eye sight problems, such as short sight (minus power) or long sight (plus power) can be corrected by these procedures.
The benefits are clear:
• First of all, It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement, if at all needed, can further increase this number.
• LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used. The discomfort experienced hardly lasts few seconds.
• Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the next day after LASIK.
• No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
• Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
• After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
The actual procedure:
Basically, Lasik or Laser Vision Correction can be done in different ways. The most commonly done procedure needs a thin flap to be taken from the cornea ( the curved glass like structure which makes the front of our eyes ). This flap making can be done by an automated, very thin, rotating blade (microkeratome) or by a very advanced Laser, called Femtosecond. The femtosecond laser option is the best, but also the most expensive, may not be suitable for all eyes. After creating the flap, the next most important part is the application of excimer laser, which is a must for all Laser Vision Correction procedures.
There are few side effects or complications, but most of them can be prevented by careful preoperative planning or can be overcome by treatment or eye drops after the procedure.