Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V PalaniappunYour feedback matters!
I am rehman Khan of 20 I am just preparing for law exam I am very stressed bcz of my exams this is my last opportunity and I am so nervous. I just fed up so what should I d o?
I used to smoke cigarette s and drink alcohol. Now I have controlled my cigarettes to a single cigarette daily. Used to eat fast foods daily night. I have somewhat irritation feel in my left chest whenever I breathe. I consulted a physician and he verified me replying that you don't have any abnormal issues. U r good to go. But; according to my aspects I feel somewhat error with my life when I breathe. Please recommend me some suggestions so that I can be better out of that pain. I'll be thankful to you.
My son 16 years old severe fever and stomach pain doctor has given medicines later he git vomiting after meals abdomen scanning done nothing in this later endoscopy doctor told everything ok only anxiety but still small vomiting please suggest a medicine he is using gas tablets in the morning saying I am having weakness please.
My 10 years old daughter is unable to concentrate in her studies, teacher recommended psychiatric help for her.
How can I get off from my body pain and what can make me easy to have my abs a proper diet diet plan.
I chose a wrong place (my relatives place) for my college life, I was rather influenced into it discarding my decision. I regretted it immensely. I wanted to get out as soon as I got into it, as I am a carefree, an extroverted introverted guy, fun loving and innocent. I couldn't get out as I was not sure what to do at that time, Slowly it became worse. I was acting like myself, there were people who wanted me to act in a way and if I didn't I was criticised and discriminated, soon I fell ill (dengue) also had an accident, became socially isolated and anxious. The regret and the negativity that followed affected my health in a number of ways. I still don't understand why was I still staying there. Was I right in doing so? Tell me please.
Hello! I feel uncomfortable regularly afterwards 5 pm with negative thoughts and having acidity problem. Please tell me, What to do?
I am 20 years old and when I play football, after that my spinal cord became very pain and am addicted to smoking, how to stoke smoking.
I am smoker. I feel my through is infected by nicotine because of regular smoking. Can you kindly any medicine to remove nicotine from the body. I am 37 years old.
Am 26 years old female. Am having fear of height, dogs, even of sudden phone ringing, fear of walking alone, fear of strangers, fear of communicable disease, fear of devil, could not tolerate even a single harsh word from anyone. What is my problem. What is my actual need.
I started smoking a few months back and it continued for about 2 months. Now my flatmate is accusing me of giving her PCO (polycystic ovarian syndrome?). I think 2 months is very less time considering I smoked in my room and that too a max of 4-5 cigarettes a day. Is there any truth to what she is saying?
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
For human beings, the body is considered the temple, one that they strive to keep fit and in shape. In fact, the plethora of ailments, which people complain of suffering from, almost always deal with their physical health. In this over engagement to restore the physical health, the well being of the mental health is never considered. However truth remains that the health of the mind is equally if not more important and must be given its share of priority. With the growing age and times, depression has emerged as a gnawing problem, one that is plaguing individuals indiscriminately and one that must be eradicated as soon as possible.
Some of the ways to combat this fatal ailment are:
- Exercises: Everyday a bit of exercise not only keeps the body fit and healthy, but also goes a long way in easing and calming the mind. You need not indulge in strenuous exercises, but must make it a conscientious habit to work out a bit daily.
- Talk to people: Though depression makes one inexorably quiet and silent, the first thing that is prescribed as a remedial measure is talk to people. Engaging in conversations with people, telling them what exactly is troubling you are proven ways to combat depression.
- Meditate: There is no better way to treat mental ailment than meditating. When you suffer from depression, your body undergoes severe conflict. Meditating not only calms the mind, but also soothes away the worries.
- Develop a support system: Depression is almost always followed by an unfathomable sense of loneliness. Talking to others does help, but at the same time try to develop a support system. Find an individual, be it parents, relatives or friends and confide in him or her. Not sharing what you are going through is never a solution and only exacerbates the fatality of the situation.
- Change the daily routine: Monotony is never exciting and it is only time, before the humdrum of life gets to you. Changing the daily routine and incorporating something new and exciting go a long way in recuperating you from the mental dullness and fatigue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.