Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V P Vital RajYour feedback matters!
I Am 20 year old, I have oily skin and I got so much pimples on my face, before two years I got cystic acnes so I got laser too, after that I got less acne breakout but still I want concern so that I can get rid from that.
My skin is dark I want my face skin glowing and good I want solution effective one I am from jaipur.
I have black heads on my face. I have taken lots of treatment. But still it comes daily. Plzz there help me out.
My face skin are very oily and the face skin suddenly day to day unfortunately black. I have use many brand face wash and other cream but same as well as result are zero. So pls help me to recover
I have deep dark spots on my forehead, due to long time pimple and itching and irritation, what kind of homeopathic medicines are batter for it.
Plastic surgery includes various procedures in order to repair body parts which are damaged and injured or for cosmetic reasons by transferring tissues. The most common procedures performed on patients are lipoplasty, breast augmentation, facelift, eyelid surgery and botox. There have been a lot of assumptions and myths around plastic surgery, but it is no different than any other medical procedures. Here are top plastic surgery myths that you need to be aware of.
- Women are the only customers: Although women have been traditionally known to be the prime customers of plastic surgery, nowadays a lot of men are also opting for various procedures. Non penetrating mild procedures like botox, laser, and dermal fillers are highly popular among men. These are low cost and effective procedures that can make a mile of difference in your look.
- It's all about looking good: There are certainly many procedures focused on restructuring the body parts to enhance beauty but plastic surgery includes a lot of other procedures such as correcting sports injuries, burns, disfigurement due to an accident etc. Cosmetic surgeries are usually opted in those cases where normal exercises, diets and weight loss programs cannot alter the structure of a particular area.
- You will look young forever after opting for a plastic surgery: You can get procedures done to turn back time, but it is difficult to stay that way forever. Plastic surgery usually lasts for decades barring the non-invasive procedures such as botox and laser which are semi- permanent. A healthy lifestyle and occasional clinical touch ups can take away years from your look but it is humanly impossible to remain in the same way forever.
- Gives you smooth skin with no scars: There are procedures to reduce the appearance of scars but a surgery will sustain some kind of scar no matter how minuscule. Post surgery treatments are available to diminish scars but a slight remnant is to be endured.
If you are in need of plastic surgery it is advisable to gather necessary information before going through any procedure rather than believe assumptions.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.