Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
The homeopathic approach is gaining popularity as an alternative treatment for hyperactivity in children. Homeopathy is gaining recognition in the conventional field of medicine and has been subject to many clinical trials. Homeopathic treatment for children can be separated into two categories: self-limiting, acute conditions such as cold, sore throat, and stomach flu, or persistent, chronic conditions such as allergies and eczema. Homeopathy is successful in both categories.
Homeopathic medicine when given in proper manner can improve the immunity of your children, which in turn enable their body to deal with illness throughout their childhood. It can also help prevent illness and give support through difficult periods of their life. With Homeopathy children's health can improve and chronic conditions often clear up completely and never come back. It is safe with no harmful side effects. Homeopathy cures by looking at the whole individual and can be effective in unexpected ways. If you have tried everything else and are still not in wonderful good health why not give Homeopathy a chance to help you.
Homeopathic Medicines for Children and Infants
Ever since the science of homoeopathy was introduced 200 years ago by a German doctor, it has won praise especially for the treatment of little new-born, neo-nate, infants and children; of course for variety of reasons. Today, there are many paediatricians preferring homoeopathic treatment for their children and patients in various paediatric conditions. Essentially, any medicine administered to children must be free from harmful effects. Homoeopathic medicines are prepared mainly from herbs, vegetable kingdom, minerals and are given in very minute doses so that they are 100% non-toxic, having no adverse effects whatsoever.
Unlike antibiotics and other such medicine, homoeopathic pills do not hamper digestion; does not lower resistance power; does not produce allergy and does not harm even if taken for long-term. Homoeopathy pills being sweet in taste, is accepted with pleasure by children. Homoeopathic therapy is superior to traditional treatment of administering medicine through injections.
No injectables are required while you are on homeopathy. Even a comatose child may be administered homeopathic medicines without injections, that is the beauty of this science.
To name some prominent disorder in children, where homeopathy works very well are infant colic, fever, teething problem, vomiting, dysentery, nephrotic syndrome, kidney disease, growth related problems and convulsions (epilepsy), infantile eczema, jaundice, brain infections (meningitis), fungal infections, warts, hair-Loss (alopecia), growing pains, poor concentration, arthritis in children, psoriasis, leucoderma (white spots), pimples and thyroid problems. Various psychosomatic disorders such as bed-wetting, headaches, and gastritis also respond to homeopathy.
Whether children actually know or sense that homeopathic medicines are good for them for not, they deserve safe medicines. It is time that parents and physicians seek safe, natural and effective alternatives to conventional, potentially harmful drugs. Homeopathic medicine is one such alternative.
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups
Hi, I have a 19 month old daughter. She is always throwing tantrums and gets upset over small things. She cries a lot when we don't give her whatever she desires and eventually has her way. I don't want to spoil her and need help to understand her psychology and control her behavior.
Hi Dr. My baby Boy is 3 month old. Now a days he has some problem in morning at 4 to 5 am. Like he has problem his stomach I think because whenever we touch his stomach he is crying. But after motion he is fine. So what can I do. Is this any problem? Pls suggest me?
My little daughter (2 years 10 month old) dos not want to take any kind of food every time she want to take mother's milk, please give us some advice.
My baby is of 1 year. And he is suffering from loose motion since morning. So which medicine should you recommend to give him.
My baby boy is 6 months 3 week old I hv gvn him suji kheer, apple puree, moong dal water, chikko (chikko which he dint lik it) so should I give him again tmrw or what more things should I give in breakfast lunch & dinner.
She is 5 months old. She keeps her foot portion (from toes to ankles) bent at some angle while sleep and this angle increases when she is awake. What things to take care so that her foot become normal and she will not get any issues when she will start walking.
My son age 5 years height 78cm and weight is 23 kg. His body growth is very thin and he doesn't like have any frood. He doesn't wills to consume food. We forcefully feed food. What to do for his good health any medication required.
My son is 3 week old, he sleep whole day and in night cry so much that he can breath and because black while crying. He cry continuous whole night and keep on feeding continuously whole as soon as I remove him from latching as it pain too much if I feed him more than 45 mins. What should I do to keep him calm at least if he does not sleep.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
1. Dryness of the lips
2. Crowding of the front teeth
4. Sleeping with the mouth open
5. Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
6. Bad breath
Common causes include:
1. Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
2. Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
3. Thumb or finger-sucking habit
4. Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
1. Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
2. Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
3. Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
4. Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
5. Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
6. Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.