Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.NayanareddyYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and lives in india. For the past 10 years I am suffering from mouth ulcer and I tried allopathy, homeo and ayurveda, but none of them provided with best results. Can you help me?
My mouth is not opening only 2 fingers can get inside. Due to gutka pan masala. Kindly suggest some medicines.
If you have a sore or an ulcer on your gums, avoid eating anything that can irritate the tissue. Stay away from spicy and acidic foods and drinks. This includes tomato juice and even colas. They have pHs in the range of five, which is acidic. What about orange juice? Make sure you dilute it with water. This reduces the acidic concentration, so the juice won’t burn when you drink it.
He is suffering from gum pain since a long time. He has no teeth. He is 78 years old. What will do? give me suggestions.
My tongue cannot taste anything. But I can feel the taste in my mouth but not my tongue. Please help doctors.
How to cure bad odour of mouth. Despite of brushing twice i have a problem pf bad breath. What to do ?
M aged 52. Full scaling done but after 3 months there seems bleeding in gums. Gums are very weak. What to do ? Please suggest.
I found every food spicy although its normal with other people I also hv eruption of wisdom teeth and pain in tonsils Pls suggest me what to do.
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
The symptoms of gum disease are bleeding gums, over sensitive gums, continuous bad breath, change in the normal placement of teeth etc.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.