Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. V M ParthasarathyYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, i am suffering from cervical pain from last 2 years, now there is a lots pain in my whole body, arm, back, leg, please tell me, what should I do?
I am suffering various joints pain, fever frequently. Than I test vitamins D3- 26.35, eat-22. I want to know it's any major illness or not.
My legs are paining always I had consult with doctor but doctor given me tablet but still my legs are paining. So now what to do .any suggestion please. For further treatment.
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby, limiting movement. Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am taken MRI Scan for Knee pain - in scan report showing as: contusion with possible partial thickness team, can you confirm treatment for the same.
My 45 year old mom is having diabetes from 8 years. She is having knee pain from three years .as per doctors cartilage of her knees has dried up. Some doctors say eating gelatin help build cartilage. Is it true that gelatin usage will help build cartilage?
I am a 15 year old boy, I suffered from transverse myelitis in my lower back in early of January this year which has weakened my core, hip and right leg calf muscle so I can't stand onn my toes and there is a slight numbness in my feet still now. I need to know how much time will it take to recover from this and how to strengthen my calf muscle please advice.
I am 22 year old male. I had a lumbar canal stenosis 2 years back. My reports stated there was posterior protrusion of L5-S1 intervertebral disc causing severe compression over the traversing nerve roots. The problems were cured by traction and later by panchakrma and ayurvedic treatments. After that I never had any major issues regarding this. Now I am planning to train myself for a full marathon (I already completed 10km mini marathon in 56 mins 2 months back). Whats kind of precautions I should take or any kind of exercise or treatment I should do?
I met with an accident on 09/02/2015 and suffered fracture in left medial malleolus and fracture neck of right femur and now its been 3 months I m still in pain and also have complaints about leg shortening as I have gone through dhs on right leg and screw implant in the ankle. Please assist as to how much time it will take and what are the consequences of these kind of fractures.
My mom was having fever yesterday about 101 along with severe pain in left knee, so much that she couldn't even get up. The doctor prescribed calpol 650, folvite, histafree,ultracet (sos. Now from today morning she's having severe pain in both knees but no fever. Please advice is the medication sufficient? Also how to tackle with the severe pain. She's is not even able to get up from the bed.
How to increase synovial fluid in knee joints by taking dietary supplements and medicines. Also suggest diets and medicines.
She is suffering from severe knee pain. Also a diabetic and having ulcer in stomach. The x-ray report of standing knee is written below :- Gross degenerative changes with diminished Medial intercondylar joint space on left side And grossly diminished lateral intercondylar joint space on right side, subluxation deformity of both knee joints slightly more on left side, marginal osteophytes and swelling. Please suggest what to do.
I am 47 years old. I have diabetes from last 10 years. From last 1. 5 years I face problem in sensing me feet. What should I do?
Don't ignore the early signs of strain injury like weakness of the grip, numbness, and pain or discomfort in the arms, hands, wrists or shoulders.