Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V Karunakaran
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
Which face wash is good for oily and blackhead nd Whitehead prone skin? Rejuglow or Salicylic foaming face wash or any other? Please advise.
How I get rid of pimple and my whole body is fair but my face skin is become dark How I get fair skin.
Having a cosmetic surgery is quite a big deal. It is an expensive surgery, which causes alteration of your body features. Although cosmetic surgeries are usually effective and provide satisfactory results, you should keep several things in mind before a cosmetic surgery. You should know all important facts about cosmetic surgeries, their procedure and results before undertaking one.
Here are the things you should consider and keep in mind:
- Cosmetic surgeries are permanent: You would like the idea of perfecting several features of your body using a cosmetic surgery. However, you must keep in mind that such a surgery is permanent and your features would be altered forever. You should not undergo a cosmetic surgery half-heartedly and must think over and over before finalizing.
- You should know why you are having a surgery: You need to have proper reasons why you want to undergo a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the exact reason why you feel that a cosmetic surgery is required. There are several physical and emotional changes which occur after a surgery and you should be prepared for the same.
- You should know the results you want: Before having a cosmetic surgery, you should know exactly how the results would appear. Having a rough idea will not do and you should know beforehand how you are going to look post-surgery. You must make the doctor understand your requirements and desired results perfectly so that he or she can give the best results. You may use pictures and illustrations to explain your objectives to the surgeon.
- You should know about the outcomes: Knowing about all the possible outcomes of the cosmetic surgery, which you have opted for is very important. For this, you need to surf the internet and do some research. Read from trustworthy medical care websites and also consult people who have had a cosmetic surgery before. You should also keep in mind the consequences which may arise if you do not like the results of a cosmetic surgery and be prepared mentally, in case some complications occur.
- You should choose the best surgeon: Choosing a capable and efficient surgeon is an important thing to do, before thinking of having a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the location, experience and approach, while choosing the right surgeon. You should also make sure that the surgeon is qualified and registered to practice.
A cosmetic surgery is a serious surgery, which will change the way you look in certain ways, depending upon the type of cosmetic surgery you have chosen. Before deciding on having a cosmetic surgery, you should consider the above-mentioned factors and then only go for it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
I'm going to black I used many face wash and soap. But there is no solution of my problem please suggest to me a good treatment.
I got less marks in my exams. I am feeling very much depressed. My friends got more marks than me. Sir please tell me how to get more marks.
I am 23 years old. Male. Have some problems on our skin. Whole body etching. What should I do? I am working in a chicken plant.
I am Dr. Nishith Chandra, Director, Interventional Cardiologist at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, India. I am at this institute from last 22 years. Today I will discuss about the differences between cardiac arrest, heart failure and heart attack. Are these heart failure, heart attack, heart and cardiac arrest, they are same thing? No they are not the same thing. They denote totally different meanings. So what do you we mean by heart failure.
Heart failure means that heart is failing in its duty to pump enough blood. Heart is still beating, heart has not stopped, heart is beating. Then how do a person recognize heart failure. The most common symptom of heart failure is breathlessness, intense weakness and sometimes just spin. So this is heart failure. Heart does not stop during heart failure. Heart continues to beat but weak beating inefficiently.
Then the second term comes which is heart attack. What is heart attack? Heart attack is when the there is a blockage of one of the three arteries of the coronary arteries of the heart, then the person gets a heart attack and this is recognized by severe chest pain, severe excruciating chest pain which may or may not be complete with sweating, breathlessness, intense weakness or sense feeling of impending doom. So this is called heart attack. This is different from heart failure.
What is cardiac arrest? Cardiac arrest means when the heart suddenly stops. In both heart failure and heart attack, the heart continues to beat, but only in cardiac arrest the heart count stop suddenly. So this is the most dangerous of the all three situations so when the cardiac arrest occurs the person loses its consciousness because there is no blood supply to the brain and we have to resistant the person immediately.
What you can do at that time if you find somebody collapsing? Immediately start CPR, what we call cardio pulmonary resuscitation. For learning CPR you may contact us at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute or you can join your consult your nearest heart hospital. So if you learn, if you have learned CPR then you can revive the patient from cardiac arrest.
So now you have learned that these three terms cardiac arrest is different, cardiac heart failure is different and heart attack are different and these should be treated separately.
So if you need to consult me you can consult me either through www.lybrate.com or you can meet me personally at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi which is there in Okhla or at my personal clinic at sector 93 A, Expressway Noida.