Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
I have a black sport on my face and I used so many types of creams but it did not get cured .what should I do now.
I am 36 years old and my skin color is light brown, but compare to my body my face and neck color is very dark black. So what is the problem - as far as I know it is since last 10 years may be but not remember exactly. Can you suggest me something on this.
I am facing now days skin problem like itching I am already concern with doctor. I take medicine after relief but again issue same problem.
I have dark circles under eye. Kindly suggest me a good medicine for this. As my job is traveling so I can't use home remedies. Kindly suggest a cream or medicine which I can carry with me.
What's the best way to get reduce facial fat cause I'm having alot by which my nose lips and cheeks look so big pls help.
Sir my skin is burn in every summer from 3 years I am going many hospital but no effect any medicine pls hlp me.
I have skin infection in the form of what we call in Hindi (daad, for a long period of time. And have used several tablets and creams. Like tocoderm. Total derm. quadriderm.and tablet fluca 150, also zocon 150 but they appear Alger some time. What should I do.
Drink lots of water: People tend to drink less water during winters but it is highly important to hydrate your skin from within. Carry a bottle of water with you whenever you step outside. Herbal tea is also a great remedy to moisturise your skin from within. Don’t leave your skin thirsty. Drink more water and help your skin retain its shine.
Bathe with lukewarm water: Winter is the time when your skin and hair need maximum attention. Though the idea of piping hot water is very tempting, stick to a lukewarm water bath every day. Make sure you use a mild non-drying soap or a moisturising soap to prevent your skin from getting dry and itchy.
Keep your skin moisturised: Choose a good, oil-based moisturiser to keep the skin moisturised and soft. Pay special attention to the exposed parts (and the most affected areas) like your hands, nails, feet and lips. Keep them well moisturised at all times. Use a lip balm to keep your lips soft and supple. Lip balm with SPF works better. Even those who have oily skin must use light moisturising lotions after cleansing to keep the skin soft.
Use a good sunscreen: People like to enjoy the sun during winters but little do they know that exposure to the sun can harm their skin in winter too. Use a sunscreen of SPF 15 or more when you step out in the open. In fact, it should be a part of your daily routine throughout the year. Don’t say goodbye to your sunscreen just because summer is over.
Do not lick your lips: Winter is the season of chapped lips and licking them will make them more chapped. Instead, use a good lip balm, preferably which contains tea tree oil as it helps heal painful cracks.
Internal wellness: This continues to be a requirement all through the year as a healthy skin is a reflection of good inner health. One should continue to eat healthy, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly.
My father aged 55 yrs. As per USG of whole abdomen report prostate is enlarged in size grade III and homogeneous in echotexture. It measure s 49.90 GM.(approx). Catherine is using. Dr. has already suggested 3 months medicine course or go for operation. please suggest whether we can for homeopath or allopathic or direct operation.
I do have extremely oily skin and also my skin color was fair but now its becoming dull day by day. I have tried almost all the home remedies but it isn't working. Please advise solution for it.
I used to be fair now I am very much on the tan side how can I remove tan by eating and applying things?
Hi doc, I am 17 years old. Just one month ago I have recovered from chicken pox. I have encounter it second time in life. All the blisters, scars has gone but the marks of that I not going it is all over my body, face.i am using aloevera gel and face wash but it is not going. Can you tell me how to fade them completely? Thank u.
Oily skin is a condition that can be characterized by shine on the skin and a large number of pores. The oil in question is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum. This can result in acne and blackheads. Summer is a time of the year where skin problems due to oily skin are worsened by factors such as sweat and dust. So proper skin care is necessary in order to negate the effects of oily skin.
There are multiple ways to handle this condition in summers:
1. Using cleansers - Proper cleaning of skin is a very important step in lessening the effects of oily skin. Harsh cleansers have an opposing effect as they facilitate secretion of oil, so a mild cleanser is usually the best option. Some cleansers may contain ingredients that irritate the skin, so care is advised in selecting a proper one.
2. Hydration and food - Keeping the body well hydrated in summers combined with a diet free of greasy, oily food and less fats can help in reducing the effects of oily skin.
3. Using masks to clear the face - Masks such as clay masks, yogurt, and baking soda can help in cleansing the skin by clearing the oil. It should be noted that these treatments should not be overdone as they can cause the skin to dry up too much and over secrete oil.
4. Skin moisturizers - People often have this notion that oily skin does not require moisturizer application. Selecting a moisturizer that is fit for oily skin and using it will help moisturize the skin and keep it healthy.
5. Sunscreen - Sunscreen is a necessity during summers, and the sunscreen you choose should be specifically for oily skin in order for it to work effectively. Application of sunscreen can help prevent the UV rays of the sun from penetrating the skin and cause complications.
6. Dermatological treatment - In case of severe oiliness, treatments such as chemical peels and creams laced with tretinoin can help.
Related Tip: Which Moisturizer Will Work Best for Your Skin Type?