Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. V.Karthick RajaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering form left leg knee pain for the past 2 months. If I fold my legs and sot or sitting in the toilet. Then when I get after getting my left leg knee pain badly.
My Father age is 94 years. He is Suffering from knee problem (Ghutno ka Dard). In this regard efforts were being made and contacted no. Of Doctors at Bhiwani but unfortunately nobody is ready for their treatment and refused to say that due to too old age and time bar for operate the operation. Previously he use the stick for moving to toilet but few days back he is unable to walk even then stick at short distance now he is bed patient resulted I have to struggle for toilet. It is requested to you for some preventive measure and advise on case if there is treatment in this stage if so please inform me medicine in this regard. A line of action in this regard will be highly solicited.
Im 21 years female I joined gym a week ago . I opted for weight reduction regime it included 1 day strengthening which included planks and biceps n triceps and 1 day abs exercises. I did squats and now my legs hands r paining so much. Yesterday n today I dint go to gym. Shall I go tomorrow will pain subside? Wat to do to reduce pain ? Shal I continue this or do normal cardio daily?
I am 51 yr old male. I am suffering from uric acid, backache right side above the hip, I have 3, 4 time loose motion / day without alarm last 15 yrs. Some time it improve, body weight 90kg height 6'all test done in different hospitals including p. G. I. Chd clear, no investigated, colonoscopy, endoscopy, biopsy (stool test, complete blood test, igmoidoscopy also done at p. G. I)
I have pain in my right side shoulder, what type of exercise I have to perform for getting relaxed from this?
When I wake up after sleeping my body having muscles and back with full of pain. I want to know what the cause behind and what I do for this problem?
My daughter is 28 years old and is married. She complains of severe headache arising from neck. On massaging an ointment on the neck, some knots are felt at the end of occipital region. What could be the reason? She had once fallen from fast running skates resulting in lower back pain. Please suggest the remedy if any.
Hello doctor. I'm having heel pain in both legs since last 3 years. Please suggest any remedy or medicine.
Sir from 2 months my head is sometimes aching and sometimes feeling like heaviness particular in the left or overall and m also feeling some slight discomfort in my left neck or some squishy sound plzzz help.
I am 41 yrs old. For last 6 months or so, whenever I lift my kid or carry a small bag on my back or lift some nominal weight (10-20kg), after sometime, I feel pain on my neck area which slowly leads to migraine kind of headache. Also if I am outside for half an hour or so, especially during mid day, I get one side headache. Please advise.
I am 24 years old. I got hurt when I was coming down from stairings and my leg got moulded. I has been 12 days but the pain is there. Although the swelling has gone but the pain remains there in muscles. How to get rid of pain and how the muscle joint will be recovered as it tore off from inside?
Yes, I have forgot one thing. I am having the tailbone pain too since last 1 year and it's due to long time sitting.
I am 69 year old retired from service. I am arheumatoid arthritis patient. Now I am having shoulder pain on both shoulders. Shall I continue medicine prescribed earlier by doctor? as under: 1. Folitrax 10mg 2. Folvite 5mg 3. Etovaer 400 4. Fibusoctant 40 t. Wysalone 5mg.
Since two days I have started gym, but as after gym I came and slept, early morning my arms were paining alot, what should I do to reduce the pain?
Movement of the head and neck is enabled by the various joints in this region, the main role being played by the cervical spine. This is a part of the vertebra or the spine and supports the head and neck in all movements. There are cervical vertebrae, ligaments, muscles, and nerves which ensure this movement happens smoothly. However, given the complexity of the whole structure, head and neck pain are also two of the most common joint pains.
The Neck Bone’s Connected to the Head Bone…
The vertebrae of your neck (cervical spine) support the weight of your head and all its motions, which may not seem like much – until you realize your head weighs as much as a bowling ball. When your neck bones are not positioned properly, the result is tightening of the muscles and irritation of the nerves that connect with your head. Your head and neck symptoms may include some or all of the following:
- Sharp or dull pain or discomfort in your neck
- Stiffness in your neck
- Inability to turn your head to one side
- Shoulder pain
- Jaw pain
Fortunately, you don’t have to live with head and neck pain – and you don’t have to take drugs to eliminate the pain.
The causes for head and neck pain can range from muscle strain to arthritis to pinched nerve to cancer.
- Posture problems: Not providing adequate support when being seated grows to be a menace. With the changing lifestyle where people end up staring at a monitor, there is tremendous stress on the neck muscles, leading to pain and stiffness. There is also loss of flexibility, leading to a stiff neck and headaches.
- Muscle strain: This can occur due to a sudden movement, either when doing something or as a result of accident (like a whiplash injury). The muscle can be torn or injured and this can result in pain, swelling, and inflammation of the affected area.
- Stress: One of the most common identifier of stress is the constant ache/nagging pain in the back of the neck.
- Disk herniation: When the disk is moved out of its space due to excessive movement and rotation, the disk gets herniated and the nerve gets ‘pinched.’ This can cause a sharp, shooting pain to the area where the nerve emerges out of that disk.
Spondylitis, arthritis, etc., are other chronic inflammatory conditions which can affect the neck and head areas.
When there is pain in the head and neck area, the whole body function is affected. The movement is limited and therefore vision, neck movements, and other functions are affected. This, in turn, affects the overall quality of life.
- Identify the problem with a thorough examination, X-ray, and if required soft tissue examination.
- Ice the area for relief of pain temporarily.
- Improve ergonomics in terms of height of the monitor, seat/chair, etc., so the strain is minimized.
- Develop an exercise regimen, which gives adequate exercise to the head and neck muscles.
- Manage stress. Be it physical, chemical, or emotional stress, it takes a toll on the head and neck area. Managing the stress (there is no escape from it!) will definitely see the pains and stiff neck go away.
- Engage in pain management, which is holistic (as above) and does not always resort to medications.