Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V Kalanidhi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V KalanidhiYour feedback matters!
How to get rid of hair fall. I m facing it by last 3 years. I had very gud hair but nw its ltk pony only. Pl s suggest me some solution.
I ride active I am getting tanned day by day plus my skin is damn sensitive and my skin started looking dull I need a proper food diet for myself to get rid of all this. Doctors help. Me with your precious advice.
Botox is safe, effective, and it really works. It can be used for both men and women above 30s. BOTOX releases the contraction of the muscle in order to reduce muscle-causing wrinkles in the upper facial area. Botox involves a tiny injection into areas. Botox is relatively painless and takes ten mnutes. No wonder it is known as the “LUNCH TIME PROCEDURE ”. Botox paralyzes those muscles and gets rid of wrinkles around the eye area(CROW’S FEET), forehead (FROWN LINES), drooping angles of mouth, dimple chin, nasolabial folds, neck bands, Brow flare . For other applications such as hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating, Botox really works. So Botox surgery is minimally invasive. It's a small needle stick and it really works as advertised. Avoid aspirin , vitamin E and blood thinners for one to two weeks before undergoing botox treatment. It is the best in the hands of an expert dermatologist. For many doctors, what's interesting is they have either physician assistants or nurse practitioners that are giving the Botox injections within their office WHICH IS UNETHICAL AND MALPRACTICE. Botox’s effect on smoothing out facial wrinkles is only temporary (upto 6 months) so has to be repeated. When considering ne’s facial enhancement options, BOTOX is quite affordable. Many people are surprised at the relative cost as compared to other appearance related investments such as facials, hair coloring etc.
I am suffering with fungal infection (tinea crisis as doctors identified) since 4 years and have taken fluconazole, itraconazole medicines for a long duration with luliconazole and related creams. But nothing is helping. Skin color is changed but fungal is quite invisible. Sweat causes too much inches and redness in the area. Wasted too much money on Sporanox kind of capsules but nothing helped yet. No signs of infection from naked eye but inches are there. Mainly on joints and under the scrotum. Anyone who can help me with guarantee. I have spent lot of money on it and left with empty pockets. Please Help!
Sir last week I was suffering from smallpox because of that black spots came on face which cream should I use to remove black spots.
I feel pricking in my shoulder skin for past 3 weeks. Sometimes it is very painful. There is no scar in that area. It s paining inside my skin.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder. Although it is non-contagious, the disease is quite complex. Erythematous plaques with silvery scales appear on skin layers, which basically characterise the disease. This excessive increase of cell division in the basal layer of the skin, results in increased proliferation on skin layers.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of psoriasis are the following:
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet.
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
Causes of Psoriasis According To Ayurveda
Acharya Charak has described the involvement of vata and kapha in ekkushtha or psoriasis. Accumulation of toxins or ama could also lead to this condition.
- Viruddha Aahar (Opposite diet or contradictory foods) and Mithya Ahara (Improper Diet)
- Excessive intake of yogurt, seafoods, salty foods, black gram and sour foods, spicy foods, fermented foods, maida (fine flour), and bakery products, junk foods and fast foods, refrigerated and cold foods may contribute to psoriasis.
- Mithya Vihara (Improper Lifestyle)
- An irregular lifestyle disrupts the digestive process and creates imbalance in the doshas.
- Adrista Hetu (Unknown Cause)
- Excessive Physical and Mental Stress
- Leading a stressful life or too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco can also trigger psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management and ayurvedic external and internal treatment. In the case of scalp psoriasis, shirodhara with proper oils is also a very effective treatment. Treatment may also include stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress. The blend of natural herbs and elements, which are extremely beneficial for the health and skin. The panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda is strong enough to cure psoriasis effectively. The therapy includes a thorough detoxification of the whole body system and removal of all harmful toxins from body fluids. Thus the main aim is to purify the blood system and restore the digestive system in order to prevent the disease.
It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to adapt to this condition. Regular exercise is also very important. Yogic asanas and pranayam can help to keep the mind and body fit and healthy.
Few precautions for psoriasis patients:
- Psoriasis patients should say no to acidic food products like urad dal, radish, sesame, jaggery etc.
- Patients with psoriasis should practice yoga on a regular basis to prevent the disease.
- Psoriasis patients should not use chemical skin products. Instead, they should use natural cleansers like besan.
- Picking, scratching or peeling of skin should strongly be avoided.
- Usage of cotton clothes is recommended.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Eczema is a skin condition, which causes boils to pop up all over the skin, resulting in frequent itching and burning pain. It lasts for a long period, which is why it is known as a chronic skin condition. The most common cause of Eczema are allergies, which leads to skin inflammation.
Normally, doctors opt for antibiotics and steroid creams, but they give only temporary relief. However, Homeopathy offers complete cure for Eczema. Here are the Homeopathic remedies for Eczema:
- Graphites: Graphites are usually prescribed when there is oozing of thick and sticky discharge from the affected area. Graphite's are also usually good for patients who are obese and suffering from constipation.
- Mezereum: Mezereum is usually used when a crust has formed. It is especially effective when the crust is on the head. The pus gets accumulated just below the crust and is accompanied by severe itching, which worsens especially at night. This type of Eczema is best treated with Mezereum.
- Hepar Sulph: Hepar Sulph is considered the best remedy when there is intense itching, deep cracks in the skin as well as very high sensitivity to cold. The sensitivity to the cold can be extremely intense when you have Eczema.
- Dulcamara: Dulcamara is another very good medicine for Eczema, especially when you are overly sensitive to cold. However, it does not deal with deep cracks in the skin or intense itching. Dulcamara is indicated for Eczema of rainy season.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is one of the best cures for Eczema when you experience a burning sensation in your skin. When the Eczema is aggravated by heat or in the summer season, Sulphur is an excellent Homeopathic medicine. Family history can be a major cause behind heat-aggravated Eczema.
Treatment of Eczema normally requires some months of observation and care. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all individuals with increasing age. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Damage due to sun exposure is the primary cause of skin aging. It especially affects those who have lighter or fairer skin as the low melanin content in their skin makes it more prone to damage and aging.
Although skin aging cannot be entirely stopped or reversed, the process can be slowed down to prevent its early onset.
There are many ways of doing so through some simple lifestyle modifications such as the following:
1. Avoid sun exposure: This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
2. Always wear sunscreen: This provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
3. Eat healthy: Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
4. Exercise regularly: Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents the early onset of wrinkling and aging.
There are several other ways of preventing skin aging such as not smoking, avoiding using too many products and cosmetics, getting enough sleep, and always keeping skin cleansed and moisturized. Following these simple ways can effectively make your skin look and feel younger and slow down the aging process.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!