Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V Kalanidhi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V KalanidhiYour feedback matters!
Acne is a disorder of skin resulting due to blocking of pores of skin called pilosebaceous units (pilo- means related to hair and sebaceous- means related to sebum or oil). These pores contain hair follicles and oil secreating glands which lubricate the hairs and skin. When there is plugging of these pores, it leads to accumulation of sebum and bacteria begins to grow. Inflammation may set in in reponse to the bacterial growth
Causes of acne:
An increase of male sex hormone termed androgen in both boys and girls during puberty.
- Hormonal changes related to birth control pills, before a menstrual period, during pregnancy.
- Vitamin deficiency.
- Oily cosmetics.
- Pressure from sports helmet, backpacks, tight collars, etc
- Environmental irritants.
- Hard scrubbing of the skin.
- Chronic constipation
- Acne can run in families.
- Stress does not cause acne but can make it worse.
- symptoms of acne
Whiteheads: these appear when a pore is entirely blocked, trapping oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells causing a white appearance on the surface.
Blackheads: these materialize when a pore is only partially blocked, allowing the trapped oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells to slowly drain to the surface. The black color is not caused by dirt, but it a reaction of the skin’s own pigment, melanin reacting with the oxygen in the air.
Papules: these are small, inflamed, red, tender bumps with no head and are tender to touch. Pustules: this is similar to a whitehead, but is red-looking with white or yellow pus in the center.
Nodules: this is a severe kind of acne, in which the lesions are much larger, more painful, lodged deep within the skin and sometimes lasts for months, leaving scars.
Cysts: this is also a severe kind of acne and appears similar to a nodule, but larger than a pustule; the lesions are deep, pus filled, very painful and leave scars.
Homoeopathic treatment of hormones or lowered immunity or poor digestion or improper nutrition. Which attracts the bacterias and virus to cause skin lesions as immunity is low body is unable to defend itsself. So the homeopathic treatment aims to cure the internal turbulance or lower level of immune system and the cause behind the apparent disease. More often than not the external skin disease or any other visible disease is accompanied by a diseased state of mind e. G. Lack of confidence, timidity, anxietis, fears, depression etc. Mind and body are a part of one indivisible unit. The way our behavior, our temprament, emotional disturbances in life etc have a bearing on the physical being and leads to various ailments. A homeopathic remedy is selected considering the emotional state of the patient, the probable causative factors (physical or mental), general state of body and all the diseased symptoms like anaemia, lack of vitamins etc of the body. By rasing the immunity of the body same medicine is capable of eradicating various diseases present in the body at a time. Best thing is there is absolutely no side effect after treatment that why most of educated people prefer homoeopathy.
Tips to avoid acne:
- Take a warm shower to soften your skin.
- Clean skin very gently with a mild cleanser, avoid harsh scrubs.
- Use oil and alcohol free cosmetics and facial products.
- Clean all makeup at bedtime.
- Avoid irritating your facial skin by rubbing or touching it too much
- Men who have acne must shave vigilantly and gently.
- Avoid sunburn or suntan.
- Shampoo hair regularly.
- Do not squeeze, scratch or pick pimples, it may lead to infection or scarring.
- Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Wash your pillowcase often and always use clean face towels to prevent bacterial re-infection.
- Shower immediately after a workout since sweat when combines with skin oils can trap bacteria in your pores.
- Use 2-3 tsp of dried basil leaves to 1 cup boiling water, let it cool and then apply to your skin. Let it dry and then clean with slightly warm water.
- Paste made from mashed papaya with slight honey when used as a facial mask, will heal acne lesions.
- Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day to detoxify your body.
Hello, Dr. I have pimples on my face every month two or three so much red and pain on my face specially on my nose so painful.. How can I clear all this pimples on my faces.
I am 41 yrs male and getting lot of pimples on my face in the recent years. Also, face and arms skin is slowly growing darker like tanning even though I do not spend much time outdoors in sun.
Psoriasis is one of the most chronic and long lasting diseases relating to the skin. Under this condition, the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. The top five things that can worsen your psoriasis are listed below.
- Alcohol - There is a direct link between your drinking habits and your skin health. Drinking, in general, tends to cause harm to the overall body. Skin being no exception also gets affected adversely by alcohol consumption. If you have psoriasis, then you should immediately consult your dermatologist so that he/she can assign you a daily limit for your alcohol consumption in a manner that it does not worsen the condition of your skin.
- Infections - Psoriasis also gets worsened by common infections like an earache, bronchitis, strep throat infection, and such others. It is highly recommended for you to consult your doctor if you have anybody infections along with psoriasis. So the doctor will be able to tell you the risk of the infection and how to go about managing it.
- Stress - Stress has been known generally to affect the skin in an adverse manner. Stress can cause your body to have a greater incidence of inflammation on your skin which further affects your skin disease. Your doctor can help you out with the ways to manage your stress so that it does not cause any further damage to your skin.
- Weather changes - Medical researchers have proved that psoriasis tends to grow in colder and drier conditions. It has reportedly been observed that people having psoriasis have smoother skin during summers than during winters.
- Cuts and bruises - If there are any kinds of breakouts or irregularities in your skin, then it would further worsen your psoriasis. Your cut skin may lead to a flare which is known as the Koebner phenomenon in medical terminology. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.