Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. V K SwamyYour feedback matters!
Hello my mother BP is146-103 Now what food she take and precautions please tell me And now some fever and pain in head.
Meri age 36 years Male hu, Mujhe mere chest me heart side pe halka pain mehsoos hota hai. Mujhe kabhi kabhi bahut bechainy aur ghabrahat bhi hone lagti hai. Mujhe saans lene me bhi problem hone lagti hai. Please suggest.
I am asking this question for my mother since from 4 days her bp is not in good condition, her b. P is high and she is feeling some giddiness what could be the reason? She is having salt in proper amount.
I am diabetic & hypertensive for 12 years. For the past one month my right forearm is paining. Now for 1 week my shoulder is also paining. Please advise medicine.
doctor. I am suffering from acute chest pain. It attacks suddenly and stays fr a couple of minutes. Whats the best thing I can do to deal with it.
I am 28 years female. Recently did lipid profile. My cholesterol level is 200 and ldl is 140. Any suggestion for these?
I am 38 years man very recently I am noticing that my weight is going increase and very recently I am feeling a minute pain on my chest for a faster movement so what is my advance steps.
I am a patient of DM, IHD, PPM, HTN. taking regular medicines. What will be my ideal diet? My age is 72 years.
I don't eat fast foods and other unhealthy foods, & also have a good BMI (not overweight) even though, my cholesterol levels are high, particularly triglycerides. Please suggest what to do?
Mujhe saans ki problm hai khaskar upstairs jane ke baad ya after walking. Aisa lagta jaise nose me kuch fassa hua balgam type and raat ko kharrate bhi kafi leti hun. Dakaar bhi kabhi nhi aata. Migraine ki kafi problm rehti. Week me 3 times attack aata migraine ka. Kabhi kabhi chest me bhi jalan rehti and fingers and arms me shivering and sleeping time ya bed pe lete time legs apne aap move krti ya baar bar move krni padti. Shivering bhi hoti. please help me.
I am 27 years old I am suffering from high blood pressure and pain in my heart from 5 days. Please advise.
I am 29 years old, hair loss problem and gastric problem gas is chock in my heart & brain so senses less some minute, but my parents said your heart bit is stopped. Mri scanning to brain and heart scanning is normal.
I am 32 yrs old. My total cholesterol label is 157. But triglycerides comes >800 & vldl comes 160 & tc/hdl is 5.6. Please give me solution to cure from the said. Thanks.
Fifty-four percent of all patients with premature heart disease and 70% of those with a lipid abnormality have a familial disorder. Hence, a screening test for lipids is recommended for first-degree relatives of patients with myocardial infarction, particularly if premature. Screening should begin with a standard lipid profile and if normal, further testing should be done for lp (a) and apolipoproteins b and a-i.
About 25% patients with premature heart disease and a normal standard lipid profile will have an abnormality in lp (a) or apo b. Elevated apo a-1 and hdl are likewise associated with reduced chd risk.
First-degree relatives are brothers, sisters, father, mother; second-degree relatives refer to aunts, uncles, grandparents, nieces, or nephews and third-degree relatives refer to first cousins, siblings, or siblings of grandparents.
Familial hypercholesterolemia (fh) is a genetic disorder, characterized by high cholesterol, specifically very high ldl (" bad cholesterol") levels and premature heart disease. Patients may develop premature cardiovascular disease at the age of 30 to 40. Heterozygous fh is a common genetic disorder, occurring in 1: 500 people in most countries. Homozygous fh is much rarer, occurring in 1 in a million births. Heterozygous fh is normally treated with drugs. Homozygous fh often does not respond to medical therapy and may require apheresis or liver transplant.
To detect familial high cholesterol levels, a universal screening must be done at age 16. The cholesterol levels in heterozygous patients are between 350 to 500 mg/dl, and in homozygous, the levels are between 700 to 1, 200 mg/dl.
Hi, I'm 24 years old. I'm working in Customer Support. Because of my work timings I wake up early morning 3: 30 and most of days I skip my dinner as I go early to bed. My problem is im facing difficulty to breath from few days. I have visited ENT and they said that its all because of anxiety and a odd time table/routine. I'm given some medicines. But i'm still having this issue. Its hard to breath. I feel this more when I talk for long hours or when im eating or when I'm sitting on a chair. Lying down makes me feel better. Please help.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.