Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. V.GokulakrishnanYour feedback matters!
When i talk to my wife i am not able to bear the bad smell coming from her mouth. We have consulted the dentist they cleaned teeth but problem is same.Is this bad smell coming with mouth problem or any other. Give us good sollution
Hi, I am 38 years old female, I have hair loss and back pain and tooth loss from 5 years what should I do doctor?
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.
I used to spit a lot. Most often in every 10 minutes. I could't control my this habit. I couldn't understand that this is only a bad habit or something else. Please suggest.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
I got severe mouth and tongue ulcer once in month. It remains up to 1 week. please help me to get rid of this.
When I am playing kabaddi my front tooth is broke half due to crash someone else after broke I have sense In tooth anything I eat, drink my tooth is sensing I am 12year old.
Hello doctors, mere mummy ki age 55 hai. August me onke daant me dard tha. Onhone apni Ek daant nikalva diya. Lakin oske baad dard SE ya kisi doosri vajah SE onke neck par ek gaanth ho gai. Baad me Dr. Ko dikhaya to onhone ultrasound karne ko bola. Lakin ultrasound me bhi kuch clear nahi hua. Phir baad me fnac test hua. Test hone se pehle koi dikkat nahi thi. Lakin fnac ke baad khaana khane me dikkat ho rahi hai. Lakin fnac test me bhi clear nahi hua. Doctor NE bola ki report me symptoms to cancer ke lag rahe hain or pas bhi lag rahi hai. Lakin abhi kuch nahi kah sakte. Dobara test karne ke liye bola hai. Kuch suggest kare. ASAP.
Hello I want to ask something From last so many days I am suffering from some problem and the problem is If I eat any spice thing then my tongue can not bear it normally I can et spicy food bt from lst so many days I suffer this problem and someday my tongue become dry also. Pls help me asap.
My lower central 4 teeth are getting yellowish day by day and they were yellow from 1 month so suggest something for it.
Hi, I am suffering from chronic bad breadth, that is spoiling my happiness and hope in life. I want confirmed that this is inherited from my mother. I am third child two of my sisters don't have because I am a last child and I got this disease from my mother. My mother also having chronic bad breadth since I was aware please suggest me or help me to live this life and tell me the reason behind this. I am getting thoughts of suicide because no body could't understand my underneath problem of this chronic bad breath.
I m 26years old. Bleeding in my teeth from 1 year. Many checkups and medicine are taken. But few months bleeding started. Any treatment.
Hello doctor I have a very bad breath even after brushing my teeth twice a day regularly. After brushing my teeth and gargling with my mouth wash which is temporary for a few minutes my mouth stinks please give me a solution to this problem.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.