Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V Dhanapal
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. V DhanapalYour feedback matters!
I am having recurring problem of uti last year in feb 2016 porteus mirabliss bacteria present and in August 2016 I have same problem but reports was ok. Since last month again having uti my kft, urine cultural & routine reports are okay. But usg kub shows cystitis. Despite Completing course of medicine burning feeling while urinate and after That still there. I am a non diabetic Pls advice what should I do and what are the treatment for this problem?
This is regarding a 74 years old male. He has problem of frequent urinating & stomach upset problem. There is swelling in both feet (within control after oil massage & hot water washing but still persisting at low intensity, no pain). I do not know the cause of swelling in feet. Is it due frequent visit to toilet. He daily movement is restricted only up to going to toilet from bed & vise versa. He is very weak & walk only few steps with support. I have done blood test for sugar & other blood parameters. I can provide the test report online. Kindly advice. Thanks.
Colon polyps are growths that are typically found in the large intestine. Although the causes behind the occurrence of colon polyps are not known, this condition is usually seen to affect adults.
These colon polyps might turn into colon cancer over a period of time; the development of cancer can happen over a number of years.
Colon polyps are usually symptomless; hence it becomes difficult to diagnose the condition. They are commonly found as additional results of screening tests for colon cancers. Screening tests are conducted when there is a suspicion of a disease but it displays no significant symptoms. The symptoms can only be visible if the polyps are enlarged.
Typical symptoms include:
Changes in bowel conditions such as diarrhoea and constipation.
Changes in urination patterns.
Change in appearance of stool.
As the presence of most polyps becomes evident only during colon cancer tests, it is recommended that regular tests for colon cancer be conducted for adults over the age of 50.
Some of these tests include:
Colonoscopy: This is highly recommended for detecting colon polyps. A small tube used for viewing is inserted into the colon by the doctor.
Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: It is similar to colonoscopy with the only difference being that the tube is smaller.
Computed Tomographic Colonography (CTC): Also known as virtual colonoscopy, various computer systems and X-rays are used to create a detailed picture of the colon so that the doctor can search for polyps.
The size of the colon polyps helps to identify if the polyp is cancerous or not. Chances of the polyp being cancerous are high if the size of the polyp is higher than 1 cm or 0.4 inches. Hyperplastic polyps (smaller polyps) do not become cancerous and hence, do not need to undergo a colonoscopy. Another form of polyp is the sessile polyp which is usually a flat growth without a stalk and grows on the inner wall of the colon. Similar to other polyps, these polyps can be found and removed using a colonoscopy or a sigmoidoscopy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
I have been burning sensation just before and after urinating and jelly like blood just after urinating sir I am male and age is21.
I have digestion problem pain in lower abdomen not able to urinate properly and even bowel movement is also painful I found problems during erecting for sexuAl activities.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The medical term for protein leak in urine is commonly known as Nephrosis and if the leakage is too much it is termed as Nephrotic Syndrome. Such a situation can lead to kidney failure, if not treated on time can be highly dangerous. There can be a number of causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out a urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long-term process and is done mainly to prevent kidney failure.
The treatment for Nephrosis aims at controlling the protein leak and prevent kidney failure. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about these below mentioned nine things, in order to stay strong.
9 Important things you must be aware of kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness due to the occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor must be followed by an individual suffering from kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to prevent it from damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be careful about everything you eat, and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease, the blood value becomes very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood, and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can take help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system at the time of need, thus involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the required care you need, and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You will feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep yourself healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as the positive feeling would eventually help you face your problems. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, it is important that you spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.