Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. V. DhananjayanYour feedback matters!
Sir, My cow (4 year old- 2nd delivery) got delivered on 5 days back. She secreted milk in udder. Some milk also developed at naval (flank) part hanging like small bag. It gives milk 3L@2 times a day after delivery. Yesterday onwards, it won't lie down, milk got decreased to 1.5 L due to long time standing. Fodder intake also decreased. Is any serious problem. Any remedies/ relief tips. Please.
I have a female labra of 1 year from her startng she is eatng cow dunk .I wnt to knw the reason nd how to cure it
Pl. Suggest is it true for a german shepherd breed that they should not sit on floor like tiles which can get them bad or deformed legs as such my dog just one month of age prefers to sit only on tiles,it never sits on dari or other mats.
Sir.My dog i not eating anything.Even it is it's favourite ones also.It was so weak.What should i do?please help me!
I have a parrot, its feathers are of red color. Bt it is unable to speak. What should I give this parrot to eat so that it start speaking.
Now a days my 4 months labrador is feeling weakness in his back legs and when he stood up he feel ache. Suggest remedy. His all vaccination is done and he eats everything.
I have a German Spitz of 2 years 3 months, he suffered from jaundice some days back he if fine now but i am still worried because doctor recommended 3 injections but he did not take the last injections .Will it show problem later in his health
Hello, I have a pet GSD which is of 1yr old. It has become so agressive. We dint give any training for it. Now it dont even listen to our words and has bitten me. All kinds of vaccination has been given to that. Can u pls suggest what needs t be done and it barks a lot the whole day. We have received complaint from our neighbours and i dont like to dispose it
My dog, Jay, is a German Shepherd and he is three months old. He is skinny and he weighs nearly 8.5 kg. Is this the appropriate weight or should he be weighing more? if so what should be done?
My dog is having problem that . It happens quite regularly when we take him out fr walk . He is having some sort of pain he lie on ground legs bend to all sides sliva coming out and starts trembling . It happen fr almost 10 minutes and after that again normal . Whats the problem to him . Some time it happens at home also . Can u help ?
My dog ate cooked mutton and chicken bones too much three days before. And from the next day. His condition was too bad with fever, constipation and loss of appetite. So please can you suggest me a remedy to save my dog.
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. Consult your Vet.