Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Sir can anyone tell me tips or for teeth whitening or can anyone recommend me any toothpaste for teeth whitening
I have sialolith stone beneath my tongue. It is from 6 months. I do not want to have surgery. Are there any other alternatives?
Sir I have a problem repeated to my teeth I have a cavity inside the that day by day it is going pain too much I can't eat a single thing I can't. Plzz help.
I am 19 years old. My question is how to make teeth white and remove yellowness from mouth. And how to remove dark circles below eyes. And what is the solution for stomach paining problem. While eating potato?
Is it right for the dentist to straightway start the RCT without verifying the requirement of taking X-Ray? Isn't the dentist supposed to confirm that RCT is complete by taking X-Ray and co-relate the result of the operation he had carried out?
I am 34 year old yesterday I have got fits my tongue bitten by my teeth and left muscle pain vomiting sensation and many time I went to bathroom for urine this happen to me every 18 or 12 month or so I feel it happen to me for sleep disturbance and over worrying for my son please suggest me what good I things I do in future to avoid such condition I am over weight by 10-12 kgs bp as of now not more than 149 no sugar no diabetes no bp a normal life non vegetarian diet overall a happy person with life cheerful enjoyed charming caring socialist.
Sir I am suffering from mouth ulcers and sores on the lips and under the tongue continuously. I am seeing a small red mark and when days passed by it go on increasing and becoming ulcers. If it disappearing at one place it will appears at another area. What are the reasons? Can you please explain remedies?
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.