Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. V ChandrasekaranYour feedback matters!
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I have kidney stones both side 6 mm please suggest some medicines. I have already tried gush out tonic but no use. please suggest some genuine medicine.
M 28 years old. I am suffering from 1 problem from past 8-9 months. My problem is urine burning. When I go for urine at the end urine burns a lot. In September 2015 I go for sonography it shows infection in bladder. I take medicines but problem still persists. Last month again I did sonography then it shows minor stone and bladder infection. Then I hospitalised for 4 days for hydrotherapy stone removal now stone gone. But I still have urine burning problem. Now from last 4 days doctor given me calcury (charak) and levomac 500. But M still suffering from urine burning problem. I also try lots of kitchen products barley water, coriander water, coconut water but nothing works. Please help me and suggest me a best medicine for my problem. I want permanent solution. Waiting for your reply.
I am kidney transplant patient what's the life span as 4 an half years has been passed of operation.
Hello Doctor My wife is having problem of swelling in urine bag & also small dense in hexagram. What is the treatment. Is there any home remedies for curing. My wife age is 39 years old.
Recently had a urine test, the report came out with this bacteria ,mucus present and trace of protein what does it mean? Do m having uti? I am 7 month preg.
180/83 BP and blood sugar levels mg/dl 56 mmol/l 11. Narcolepsy attacks and chronic fatigue syndrome disorders chronic hypersomnia daytime drowsiness. Penis burns and bladder uti problems.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water.
Sir I am born with one kidney now I am 28 years old and not have any problem, please suggest what is the reactions of kidney problems, Is it is regulated on sexual life.
59 year old male weighing 91 Kg and 5 feet four inches in height. I have a 13.4*9 mm hyperdense calculus noted in the right upper ureter around 2 cm from right pelvic ureteric junction causing grade 1 hydronephrosis.
This question is for urologist Dear Sir, I am 45 years old, I have phimosis problem and I am facing problem with hygiene and urinary tract infections. I have done stretching exercises for long without improvement. Please suggest any non surgical method like using medicines or any non invasive procedure for overcoming this problem. Regards.
I am 70 years old and my frequency of urine has increased and the Doctor gave me one Urimax tablet. I am taking this tablet for the last two years. The sonography my prostrate is normal. I take exercises also. Kindly suggest some tablet or device which can control the increased frequency of Urination.
I am suffering from kidney stones. Can you suggest me precautions and instant relief techniques to it?
My gf is 18 year old she is recently having issues with going for pee again and again like twice n an hour. She symtoms feels pain also. What can be the possible reason or is something to worry about.
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
3. Nausea and vomiting
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
From last 2 days, my urine color is red. When I pass in morning time, please advice what is issue and treatment.
Is it safe to eat papaya regularly because I read in some news paper that eating regularly papaya cause harmful effect on body and causes different serious problems like kidney stone etc. Pls help me out and if causes any problem then pls suggest me alternative of it because I consume it for constipation. Thanks.
She is actually suffering from kidney stones. Some doctors say that she can't be operational as her age is 70 years. What should be done. She has a tremendous pain in her abdomen. Please help.
I'm 64 years old male. Frequent urination during night 5-6 times. Ultrasound shows prostate enlarged in size with median lobe hypertrophy. Urologist advising CPE/hole. Pl advice if any other easy way out.
Urinary tract infection is a type of infection that occurs in the urinary tract of the body. This disorder tends to occur more in women than men as the length of the urethra is shorter in women, thus increasing chances of this infection. The most common cause of urinary tract infections is the E. Coli bacteria, especially in the lower part of the urinary tract consisting of the urethra and the bladder.
Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach to urinary tract infections, the remedies aim to treat the underlying causes of the infection. The treatments are free from any side effect and have a beneficial impact on your overall wellbeing. Before prescribing a remedy, the practitioner diagnoses by asking about your medical history, work habits and your mental health. Based on a thorough diagnosis, remedies will be prescribed.
Some of these homeopathic remedies to treat UTIs include:
- Apis: Apis is recommended if you have symptoms such as experiencing a burning feeling after urination and less urine. You may have swelling around the eyes and also may not experience much thirst. The condition tends to worsen in hot weather conditions.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is recommended if you experience constant urges to urinate; however, the amount of urine may be very low. Apart from this, you might also experience intense pain while urinating along with traces of blood in the urine. Back pain is another complication that occurs along with the above mentioned symptoms.
- Sarsaparilla: This remedy is recommended when you experience pain in the lower abdomen and the back. Your urine may also contain blood and sediments.
- Benzoic acid: In case your urine has a strong odor, benzoic acid may be the recommended remedy. It is also used to treat pain in the urethra which flares up when you are not urinating.
- Staphysagria: This remedy is used when UTIs develop as a result of any sexual activity. You may experience a constant urge to urinate and feel pressure in the bladder. Prostatic enlargements which cause infections in the urinary tract can also be treated using this remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.