Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. V Chandra MouleeswaranYour feedback matters!
I am 19, facing issue of falling asleep. Despite performing tiring physical nd mental activities during daytime, I do not fall asleep at once it takes several hours to sleep. I had tried some initial solutions like sticking to bed till 10pm keeping all distracting devices like smartphone away but nothing helped out. Am I turning to an insomniac? Help me out.
In the last 1 year or so, my thighs, buttocks and penis also, got shrunk drastically. What would be the reason and what is the remedy to regain the shape?
My mother is having bp 145/90, Dr. gave her Betaloc 75, In the morning and evening she feels some kind of shivering in her legs. Can you pls suggest on the same.
Hi, I was experiencing numbness in my extremities (only when sitting in awkward position or if I put pressure on them) since the last two years when I started gaining weight. I have gained almost 30 kg in the last 2 years from 62 to 92 kg. I had my blood sugar, thyroid and Nerve Conduction Velocity tested. All came out to be OK except vitamin b12 deficiency which was severe. I have some fatigue and short term memory problems. Please advice me on the best method to tackle this problem.
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!