Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.Boopathy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.BoopathyYour feedback matters!
Hi my son is 7 months old his control was little bit weak. My neurologist asked us to take mri. Results of mri 1. Mild thining of body and splenium of corpus callosum seen with periventriclar hyperintensities. 2. Partial empty sella is seen 3. Dialted vr spaces noticed in left inferior putamen. 4. No obivious demostrable infarct or hemorrhage orsqlin brain parenchyma. Possibility of mild form of perinatal insult is more likely neurologist said nothing bad he is ok but my pediatrician said there will be developmental delay. Which one one right. What to do?
My son 1 month 15 day old. When he was born his jaundice is high (23.7). Doctor suggested brain USG. Usg report" well defined small clear cyst is seen in left peri ventricular region likely to be arising in germinal matrix in the caudo thalamic groove. The cyst measure 6.6×7.7 mm. Please tell me what can I do.
My daughter is 14 year old but her weight is 75 kg. She is very active and used to play cricket etc. Her abdomen also seems fatty. Her periods are mostly missed. She has gas problem to some extent. Feels pain in abdomen some times. Rest is all okay. Can any body help her figure as she was the cutest ever child that I have seen.
Are there any long term effects taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so what are they and waht are medications are implemented? Is there a genetic factor to strokes?
Dear drs, my 5 years old female child is suffering with protein leakage in urine. Doctors found this when she was hospitalized for pneumonia treatment in oct 2014 (urine protein test result 4+) and there was no symptoms of proteinuria. Then she had treated it with prednisolon 15mg in the morning for 2 months and treatment was completed by the end of feb 2015. Result was negative in a month while she was taking the medicine. Now we have tested the urine protein early this month and it shows 2+. When we checked with nephrologist, he told us not to worry that 1+ 2+ is ok? could you please advise? thanks in advance.
My 8 month baby is suffering from bronchopneumonia with CCF and she is having vancomycin and piptaz injections for treatment from last 9 days. Now from last nite she is sweating a lot. Is it normal.
What can I give to my 6 mnth child so dat he bcm healthy and also suggest timings. Bcs mne use bina timing gap ke kch na kch khilati rhi jiski wjh se usko loose motions ho gae ha .or wo healthy bhi nhi ho raha ha.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.