Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.Boopathy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.BoopathyYour feedback matters!
Hi will be 4 years old this month end, shud I gv her any iron or calcium supplement as her weight is low than average, she is 13 kgs at this age. Also her feeding habits r vry forcefully done including milk. please advice.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 24 year old ,i m taking treatment for tuberculosis ,cystitis nd sinusitis in homeopathic. I have also but my Dr. says that after recovering by these condition, your treatment for pcos will be started, I have acne on my face, I have pcos problem from two years, can I take hormonal pills (ginette35) which was prescribed me by a gynaecologist .i want to ask that can I take these tablets wid my homeopathic treatment. Please provide me guidance.
Millions of children over the world have one thing in common that is they all like to run and play. Usually, this affinity for physical pursuits make them inclined towards sports and other such activities early on in life. But as parents, many of us are worried about how they will support their young bodies and still developing bones and joints as they run, hop, skip, jump and do many other things. Sports injuries are common for children with many cases of fractures and other injuries being reported on a daily basis globally.
So how can we keep our children safe from such injuries? Here is a safety guide:
- Most Common Injuries: Before we get into the prevention mode, it is important to understand the most common injuries faced by children. From strain and sprains to muscle pulls and even fractures, children are susceptible to a host of problems on the sports field. Injuries borne due to repetitive motion, as well as growth plate injuries and heat related conditions are also quite common.
- Organised Sports: The first step that can help in avoiding undue harm and injury to your child is to ensure that the child is enrolled in an organised sports program at school or any other sports academy, so that the energy and skill is being channelled and moulded properly, as there is expert supervision to ensure that the child does not indulge in certain motions and movements which may cause an injury. These sports trainers usually help by observing how the child is doing a certain task on the field and then guide him or her properly, so that it may be done in the correct way to avoid injuries.
- Warm Ups and Cool Downs: For children as well as adults, many injuries happen when the individual has not warmed up or cooled down sufficiently. Cold muscles and joints are most susceptible to sudden falls, injuries and other conditions due to the impact of the sudden and intense movements. The same can be said for cooling down. So, it is important to sufficiently warm up and cool down so that the joints, muscles, ligaments and bones in general, get a chance to get back to normal or to gain momentum in a gradual manner, which is comfortable for the body. The warm ups must not be hurried and should be done without holding one's breath. Also, it is usually recommended that stretching exercises must follow the warm up session before the child begins to run and jump.
- Hydration: Ensure that the child has plenty of water so that he or she may remain properly hydrated during the sporting or training event. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.