Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uzma Niyaz
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Uzma NiyazYour feedback matters!
I am 40 yrs old. And in 2012 I was diagnosed as a patient of apla. From till I am taking warfarin 5mg. But in these last three years I m having senstivity problem in my teeth. One by one I have gone for rct for 7 teeth. Still the problem is continuously coming in other teeth too. Is any connection of this with my disease & what is the remedy. Please guide me.
Sir i am regularly getting pain in tongue mouth due to ulcer I will eat more chilly hot foods give an remedy to it sir please.
Hello sir my self gayatri I am 28 year old woman I have black teeth and cavity problems last five months what should I do please tell me.
I am suffering a problem of mouth chale regularly. I drink lot of water but this problem is same. Please suggest.
Good morning. I have ulcers problem. Due to which there is a continiuos leakage of some water like liquid from my mouth. I asked some doctors but they did not gave me satisfactory answer. I want to know what are the causes and how to overcome this problem.Thank you.
I am 20 years old male, my gums on mouth are in dark (black) in colour. Please give the reason and remedy?
I'm 26 year old working in Gurgaon. One of my front teeth has become non white. I had an injury in my childhood then it was fixed followed by RCT. Seems that the filling or work is expired. What would be the best resolution how much does it cost and how much time it takes. Thanks in advance.
I am 27 year old. Main guthka khata tha. Jiski wajah se mera muh kam khulta hai. Please upaye bataye.
Sir mera muh nhi khulta hain andar zakhm h dawai khane ke baad kam hua par pur jhakham theek nhi hua aur mera muh bhi nhi khula ta kya solution hain hain sir iska please help me.
One thing that can put away talking to someone very interesting is bad breath. And it is not an uncommon problem. While most just try to use mouth wash and chewing gums to keep it away, it is important to note that bad breath can be a sign of underlying causes, both in the mouth and the body as a whole.
Identifying the reason can help in early diagnosis and prompt treatment of the actual disease condition.
There could be oral and general causes for bad breath or halitosis as it is medically called. Food habits and other lifestyle habits including smoking can also lead to bad breath.
- Presence of food debris in a moist environment (saliva) is ideal for the oral bacteria to act on the food particles and break them down. This causes a bad breath, when it leads to plaque formation and it then calcifies into a hardened substance called calculus. Plaque and calculus are the main ingredients for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Severe tooth decay leads to bad breath as does periodontal infections. In severe cases, there could even be abscess formation in the root area of the tooth with pus formation
- Unclean dentures are another source of halitosis. There could be food lodged in between teeth or the undersurface of the denture, leading to bad breath.
- Dry mouth or xerostomia - Certain diseases and drugs can lead to dry mouth with reduced amounts of saliva. Saliva has a natural flushing effect on the bacteria, and in its absence, the bacteria thrive, leading to a bad odour.
- Long-term smoking and/or chewing tobacco and alcohol are also reasons for bad breath.
- Crash diets: People on low-carb diets can have a bad breath, owing to burning of the fat and producing ketones, which have a strong smell.
- Medications: Nitrates to reduce angina, chemotherapy agents for cancer, phenothiazines for anxiety can all lead to bad breath. They reduce saliva and/or release chemicals causing bad breath.
Management: The first step in managing halitosis is to nail the cause down, which makes it easier to treat.
- Start with oral hygiene check, and if there is decay or gum disease, consider restorations and cleaning.
- Mouth rinses can be used in the maintenance phase.
- Cessation of tobacco use should be considered.
- General health conditions like GERD should be managed
- Artificial saliva in cases of xerostomia
- Alternative medications if they are causing the bad breath
Oral breath is definitely embarrassing but can be managed very easily.