Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uzma NiyazYour feedback matters!
Dental cleanings remove plaque from teeth and reduce the risk of cavities. Your dentist will check your teeth forcavities after each cleaning. Cavities are tooth decay, or holes that form on the surface of your teeth. They don?t typically cause discomfort in the early stages, but pain and sensitivity may develop if you ignore the problem.
Different factors increase the risk for cavities. These include drinking sugary beverages, eating sugary foods, and bacteria in the mouth. Your dentist can recommend a plan to reduce your number of cavities. This can include brushing or flossing more often, avoiding certain types of foods, and chewing sugarless gum throughout the day to increase the amount of saliva in your mouth.
Thank you maj. But what's the solution for permanent whitening of teeth. Which fades and scars even after scaling.
My age is 18 years. My mouth is turned to the left jaw. I have a 8-9 year old photograph which I had not folded so that it has become too much. It does not hurt but my face looks dirty. What should I do now?
I am 34 year old. My problem is I am not feeling any taste of food when I am eating. If I ate chilli powder, my entire mouth will be suffered alot. I want to what is this disease called? and also what I have to do to cure this?
Sir main 32 years ka hu kuch dino se mere daat bahut weak lag re mi smoke karta tha wo Bhi chod chuka hi. Ab mjhe kya Krna chahiye.
I am 27 year male. I am suffering from gum problems. I have done the treatment earlier but the particles that were placed on gums have fallen. What should I do?
Hi, I am 30 years old, male and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do?
Dear doctor, I am 19 years Old. My jaw behind the premolar of lower left corner is swelled and cavity is observed in premolar teeth and paining little. What should I do now?
Sir I have problem in my teeth I use to brush twice a day but my teeth looks appear yellow please help me for that.
I have problem in my teeth, there are extra growing teeth, and it's give me lots of pain what I can do?(sorry for my English)
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.