Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UsharaniYour feedback matters!
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
Doctors please help urgently, Actually me and my girlfriend did humping last month and then I put my hand on my penis and then I started fingering putting that finger in her vagina. I dont know whether my sperms were on my finger or no but we both are too much tensed and her last periods date was 19 oct and before last month her period date was 17 and tomorrow is going to be 23 so I am too much tensed whether she got pregnant or no. Please do help me faster as soon as possible and please suggest me something. If something happens wrong then ill be not able to live in my life because we both are just 18.
I am suffering from nausea and vomiting, am I pregnant. Please tell me what are the symptoms of pregnancy.
Light periods refer to menstrual periods that have very light flow and are characterized by a lesser number of days than usual. Although the menstrual cycles vary from a woman to another, the duration for a normal period is around every 28 days. Each period lasts for approximately four to seven days. The amount of blood loss in a normal period is around 20 ml to 80 ml. However, loss of blood below 20 ml can be considered as light periods.
The causes of light periods can vary for different woman. Some of them are:
- An imbalance in hormone levels in the body like PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).
- Light periods are most common in women who are approaching menopause. This is because, at this time, women tend to produce less estrogen, a hormone responsible for regulating menstrual periods.
- Light periods can be common in girls who have just started to menstruate.
- Excessive bouts of exercise, a thyroid condition or an eating disorder can be also responsible for light periods in women.
- Women who use hormonal or oral contraceptives may also have a chance of experiencing light periods.
- An important cause of scanty menses is implantation bleeding. That means sometimes, despite being pregnant, little amount of bleeding can happen at the expected time of menses in the first three months of Pregnancy. So it's important to rule out pregnancy at the earliest.
Certain symptoms usually follow light periods. These symptoms vary according to the underlying causes of this condition.
Some of the common symptoms which accompany light periods are:
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent infections, namely yeast and other fungal infections
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Missed periods
In some cases, light periods might turn out to be a sign of a fatal condition that should be immediately administered to. An example of such would be an ectopic pregnancy, which can cause light or heavy bleeding. Although light periods are rarely due to serious diseases, neglect can lead to heightened complications and irreversible damage.
Some of the complications can are:
- Serious discomfort and pain
- Difficulty in conception or infertility
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
Related Tip: All About Irregular Periods - Their Types and Causes
Breastfeeding for more than 1 year will reduce risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer.
Breastfeeding for more duration increases number of missed periods which will reduce the level of estrogen hormone in the body.
Research has shown that increased exposure to estrogen hormone is associated with more chance of getting breast cancer.
1. It strengthens you heart.
2. It lowers chronic disease risk
3. It certainly keeps your weight in check.
4. It can help prevent Dementia
5. It tones your legs, bum and tum
6. It boosts your Vitamin D level
7. It increases your energy levels
8. It also prevents Osteoporosis
9. It makes you happy and emotionally balanced.
10. It keeps your digesion sound.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) and harmless tumors which are made up of fibrous tissues of the breast. These are common in adolescent and young women. The incidence of fibroadenoma reduces with increasing age.
Signs and symptoms-
- Fibroadenomas are smooth, round and easily movable swellings. It is referred as ‘breast mouse’ or ‘floating tumor’ as it easily sleeps away from fingers. Size of the tumor may vary from one to five centimeters.
- It could be single or multiple. Generally, it is painless and may affect both breasts.
- Pain and tenderness (pain when touched) may be present especially before periods and subsides after periods. These cyclical changes are because of the hormonal changes. This is the reason why it is less common after menopause.
Causes of fibroadenoma-
The exact cause of fibroadenoma is unknown. It is because of the cyclical hormonal changes that take place in the body of women of childbearing age.
- Clinical history
- Physical examination
- Mammography – it is the process of using low amplitude x rays to examine breast.
- Biopsy – women in their teens do not need a biopsy if the lump dissolves on its own.
- Dangerous signs
- Sudden increase in size of tumor
- Pain in breast not affected by menstrual cycle
- Hard, immovable tumors
- Transformation of fibroadenoma into the cancerous tumor is very rare. Only 0.002-0.012% of the fibroadenoma convert into a cancerous growth.
Treatment conventional treatment
1) fibroadenoma can subside on its own.
Cryoablation (use of extreme cold to destroy tissue) is safe and effective and less invasive method of treatment for fibroadenoma.
Surgical removal may be required in case of large fibroadenoma.
Homeopathy is strongly suggested in the treatment of fibroadenoma. Homeopathy can be given as a baseline treatment in mild and moderate cases whereas it has a good supporting role in advanced cases of tissue changes. The results using homeopathy in the cases of fibroadenoma are very good.
Homeopathic medicines are prescribed after studying patient’s complete case history. It enhances the body’s self-healing mechanism (immunity) thus a further recurrence of fibroadenoma can be prevented.