Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usharani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UsharaniYour feedback matters!
My husband fingers my umbical cord hole and vagina at every night. Is it safe for him to have its taste everyday. Will he catchup any diseases, well I do not hav any diseases by now.
I am 19 years old. I just had sex with my boy friend. So I took I pill but after that I missed my menstrual cycle. Why so?
My girlfriend had a period, after period may be 2 or 3 days after we had a sex. And after sex I gave my girlfriend unwanted 72 with in 72 hours, but after 2, 3 days again she had a second period bt it was not like regular period, like colour was different. It been 1 month and 1 week till nw she is nt having a period. What is the reason behind it? So doctor, is there any chance of pregnancy?
Homeopathy literally translates to same/similar and study. The philosophy of homoeopathy is like cures like. The medications that are usually prescribed by homoeopathy doctors contain the same ingredients which would cause the disease. For example, if gout is due to excessive uric acid, the treatment also would include uric acid, but at highly diluted doses.
There is constant controversy as to whether this actually works. While there are numerous patients who have benefitted from using these products, there is another segment which claims that they just have a placebo effect and actually are not of any medicinal value. The following are some points raised by clinicians and patients all over which question homoeopathy.
- Arriving at the right prescription: No two individuals are given the same treatment in homoeopathy, even though they may have the exact clinical presentation. The doctor needs to spend a lot of time to discuss other symptoms and then come to a conclusion as to what to use. This is extremely complex and even tricky sometimes. Arriving at a wrong conclusion and giving wrong medication is quite possible if a proper diagnosis and case study is not done. This is one big risk that is raised against homoeopathy.
- Limited trial periods: Another argument against homoeopathy is that none of these products have gone through clinical trials and therefore their safety is a big question. There are also reports of people having had adverse reactions to some homoeopathy medicines.
- Uncertain responses: Just as the diagnosis, even the response to treatment is unique and specific to individuals. While some medicine might work for a person, it may not work for another. Also, the duration of treatment can widely vary. Some might respond in days, others might take weeks or sometimes even months. In the meantime, there could be other symptoms arising as a result of the medicine per se.
- Homoeopathic aggravation: Going by its basic philosophy, homoeopathy uses the same medicine to treat the symptoms which would induce it in the first place. Therefore, there is a high chance of initial aggravation of symptoms at the beginning of therapy. Patients who choose homoeopathy are often warned of this and advised not to worry about this, as this is a typical observation.
- Drug interactions and side effects: Many homoeopathy products have significant side effects. What can affect one body system in a positive way can have a negative effect on another body system. However, the argument is that the medicine is used in highly diluted forms and are not capable of causing any adverse effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Take 50-70 ml of warm oil, and rub it all over your head and body. Gently massaging the scalp with oil can relieve your stress, as well as help prevent headaches, slow balding, graying of your hair and it will help induce sound sleep. Oil massage improves circulation, calms the mind, and reduces excess vata. The skin of the entire body becomes soft, smooth, and brightened.
Best Oils by Body Type
For Ayurvedic oil massage, use one of the following oils, according to your constitutional type:
- Vata = Any oil with base of sesame oil (Teel oil)
- Pitta = Any oil with Aroma like Chandanadi oil
- Kapha = Nimb oil, mustard oil