Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Vishwanath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha VishwanathYour feedback matters!
Paleo diet is one of those diets which have been gaining widespread popularity in the recent times. It has been touted by its supporters as the natural diet for human beings and also the diet that our ancestors used to consume. There is a lot of debate on its efficacy and it has its own set of advantages and disadvantages alike.
What exactly is a paleo diet?
The Paleo diet gets its name from the Paleolithic period of human civilization, thousands of years ago, where the availability and choices of food were varied and limited according to seasons. Most foods included lean meat, fruits, nuts, vegetables and were very different from the fast food, high sugar and saturated fat-based diet that humans are having now. This diet aims to go back to the basics to correct nutritional deficiencies as well as to try out to correct excesses of the modern diet.
Advantages of Paleo diet
- Huge decrease in consumption of processed sugar
- Normalization of blood pressure levels
- Decreases in the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
- Balance of protein intake due to limited and lean meat consumption
- Increase in the consumption of vegetables and natural foods with less processed chemicals
- Optimization of insulin within the body
Disadvantages of Paleo diet
- Far too restrictive - Many believe that although it is a good diet, it loses out on the balance and becomes too restrictive with certain food groups being cut out completely, which may cause imbalances.
- Excess of protein - Although Paleo diet cuts down on unhealthy fats, some of its ingredients may cause the consumption of too much protein which may not be good for health either.
- Lacks of carbohydrates - Some believe that Paleo diet lacks carbohydrates and may not be a good source of energy. When working throughout the day, carbs provide energy but a low carb diet may cause energy-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I had a still birth in end of 8th month due to amniotic fluid was emptied. And I had gestational diabetes also. Now i am pregnant of 5 weeks. Can you suggest me how to manage gestational diabetes and what to do for my healthy baby.
Hi I message you few days ago about .which I told you about that my boyfriend did vaginal outside sex with me. He rubbed his penis outside my vagina ang ejaculated on my vagina. He didn't intercourse with me.in which I ws worried about pregnancy. So some of doctors told me to wait for periods. So I waited. And my periods come now. But problem is that I have less periods than before. Can you please tell me tht. Now there is need to be worry for pregnancy now or not? Now I have to do pregnancy test or not?
I have done a pregnancy test using the kit and observed 2 lines and believe as positive. But after 2 days it is bleeding lightly. So is there a chance of miscarriage?
We are try for baby from few month but my wife still not pregnant I have also concert with a gym from 2 month firstly she tell me your wife have egg ovulation problem then she give some injection but still no benefit is show and now she done some test I have send you report of test please suggest any problems in this report if yes please tell me the solution of its LH- 11.96 FSH-8.20 E2-60 AMH-3.89 Please tell me the solution.
I rubbed my penis near my partner's vagina and little fingering, I was worried about pre cum, I masturbated 2 days before this event. And today after this event my partner is having low vaginal bleeding, light red color blood, not sure if it's period or not, can she be pregnant just one day after this event? Please help. I'm worried.
Hemanta ritu (winter season) and shishira ritu (cold and dewy season)
- Sweet, sour and salt taste food can be taken. In this season the digestive activity becomes more powerful. Increased vata gets obstructed from spreading out due to cold atmosphere outside which can digest the tissues. More intake of sweet, sour and salt helps reducing the vata.
- Wine prepared from;jaggery;(molasses) can be taken.
- Wheat/gram flour products, milk products, sugarcane products and corn/edible oils can be taken as a part of food.
- Dig into piping hot, oily, sour; salty food along with rice. Also plenty of cow’s milk; cane juice.
- Massage with oil.
- Udwarthan with fine paste/powder of kumkum (kesar).
- Exercise (vyayama).
- Clothing-leather, silk and wool.
- Exposure to sunlight and fire to keep yourself warm.
- Don’t expose yourself to cold.
- Go for an invigorating oil massage followed by tepid water bath.
- Cover your body with sufficient warm wraps.
- Indulge in intense sexual pleasure.