Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Vishwanath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha VishwanathYour feedback matters!
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection.
I have pcod and I want to conceive. I do have one daughter, she is 8 years old ,she was born as premature baby. Past 5 years we have consulted 2 to 3 doctors also but no result yet. I also have thyroid, even my menstrual cycle date is not on time so can you help me.
Hello doctor my age is 24 and my weight is 53 and my height is 5 feet 4 inches I am suffering with PCos. And my eggs are not grown and failure to release. Doctor prescribed me smartova 100 gelatin capsules in how many days can I get conceive.
I need to put copper t without my husband's knowledge. Did he experience it when intercourse and how much it will cost.
My periods has ended on 11th aug and today on 19th aug it again started bleeding. It is like last days of period brown coloured bleeding. I got insecure sex within a week after my periods but I took ipill just after 2 hr of sex. I have already tested for pregnancy via kit 2 times but results are negative today also I have tested but negative results found. Should there is any chance of pregnancy? And what is the reason of bleeding?
Actually I'm gonna start primolut n from 14th February as it is my wedding on 23rd so to stop periods doc suggested to take but to prevent from pregnancy I can use overall L along with primolut cz m using primolut n from 14th Feb til 28th Feb.
I am 37 years old. For the last few months my periods are lasting for 2 days. This month it is about one and half day what should I do. I am a housewife having 8 years old daughter.
Hi doctor, recently I went to a gynaecologist where after some blood test, she told me I have pcod. She gave me medicine for one month. Rest I didn't get any tips to reduce pcod. Can you please guide me a diet plan for it.
Instead of stocking up on chocolate as glucose boosters, try high-fibre, low sugar oat bars. These take care of your cravings.