Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Sex is enjoyable. However, there are occasions where the sex is no longer pleasurable, like when the male develops a cut on his penis during or after intercourse. Surprisingly, penis tears are very common. But it is not frequently reported by men because of feeling ashamed about admitting the problem to their doctors. However, no matter how small the cut, you should go to see your physician, especially if the tear heals slowly.
Causes of Penis Tears
Penis tears can result from a variety of causes. The most common are:
Friction - The most obvious cause of a cut on the penis is too much friction during sex. While it is true that the more friction between the vagina and the penis the more pleasure is generated, it also goes along this line that penile injury is more likely to occur. Guys endowed with bigger penises should bear in mind that they are more at risk of such injuries, especially if they have sex with a smaller partner or if they love to have deep penetration sex.
Frenulum injury - There is a structure underneath the penis head that is known as the frenulum. It is like a ridge of small skin connecting the head of the penis to the shaft skin. A shorter frenulum means that the penile skin is dragged easily forward and back during sex. When the skin is tugged back, the action will cause some pain or discomfort. At some point, when the sex is already too hard, the frenulum may be ripped or torn, resulting in bleeding.
Balanitis - This is a condition that often surfaces as a result of chronic diabetes. Diabetic patients are at risk because wound healing is generally slowed down. But in most cases, balinitis is caused by poor hygiene and infection; that's why uncircumcised men are more prone to getting this condition. It is characterized by an inflammation of the penile head and the foreskin. Men usually suspect balanitis if their penises are easily reddened, especially at the head part. Rashes on the same area are frequently seen as well.
Yeast infection - The most common type of male yeast infection is the one affecting the male reproductive organ. Sexual dysfunction, burning sensation during sex, reddened penis head and blistered penile trunk are the most common signs and symptoms of yeast infection. Rashes, swelling, and a cut on the penis also develop more easily among yeast-infected males.
Other causes - Genital piercings and an allergy to latex condoms have also been reported to cause a cut on the penis
Hi doctor, I am 29 year old woman I have a baby recently I have weakness problem tell me what should I do.
I am 29 y old. My weight is 70. My organs are working like 47y. How you loose weight and get healthy.
After having d&c for 12 week pregnancy doctor was saying to have misoprostol and before also I took 4 tabs and after also doc was saying why? I am confused with this.
I am 29 yr old female. Just 2 days ago a pimple like thing appears on my vaginal area. But now it becomes swelling with severe pain.
Enjoy an good sex life by taking care of your vagina in these 4 easy ways
As a woman, keeping your vagina clean and healthy is very crucial for enjoying a great sex life. When you keep your genitals squeaky clean and fresh, you promote the production of beneficial bacteria, thereby fending off infections, which can act as an obstruction in your sex life. Here are 4 ways a healthy vagina can take your sex life to the next level.
1. Shave your pubic hair to promote sensitivity
Short or no vaginal hair can lower the chances of odours and infections. Keeping your vagina hair-free is also known to increase the sensitivity of your genitals, making sex that much more pleasurable than before. Also, for many, shaved genitals have immense visual appeal, which can give rise to an intense arousal in your partner. What’s more, oral sex is greatly enhanced when you shave off pubic hair.
2. Try Kegel exercise to enjoy good orgasms
Kegel exercise is meant for strengthening your pelvic floor. Doing kegel regularly not only helps in keeping your pelvic organs in place, but also helps in toning your vaginal muscles, thereby heightening arousal considerably. Plus, they tighten your grip on the penis during intercourse, and give rise to more intense contractions during orgasm.
3. Use lubricants to make sex smooth and painless
The function of lubricants is not just to maintain a healthy pH balance in your vagina. They prevent the irritation of your labia and vagina, and make sex a very pleasurable activity. Lubricants are particularly helpful for women who experience vaginal dryness or face difficulties in penetration. Just keep in mind not to use petroleum jelly and other oil-based products as lubes as they can cause a rupture in latex condoms, consequently giving rise to infections.
4. Eat fruits to enhance pleasure
Foul odour can be a big dampener when it comes to oral sex. Usually the cause of bad vaginal odour is your diet and personal hygiene habits. Eating certain foods can prevent this from happening and can even in fact make your vagina smell sweeter. Be sure to include lots of fresh fruits such as mangoes, oranges, apples etc in your diet. Yoghurt and honey are good too. Avoid foods with strong smells such as onions, garlic and even alcohol as they give rise to bad odour.
Frequent washing and cleaning (twice a day at least) of your vagina with warm water and a gentle and unscented soap helps to remove sweat and grime, making your vagina smell and feel fresh and thus enhancing sexual pleasure for you and your partner.
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal
My age 19 am feeling that am pregnant from last 5 months I didn't get period And am feeling vomit sensation and vaginal smell also coming In case if I am confirmly pregnant after 4 months is there any way to stop pregnancy without abortion I need help and suggestion is there any natural way or medical way without abortion to stop pregnancy after 4 months.
I AM 6Weeks pregnant as per my last LMP. I am on thyroxine sodium 100mcg dosage. My doc has advised me susten SR 200mg tabs daily. Is it necessary to take this hormone tab? I m confused as many internet websites claim that it has serious side effects and is banned in western countries. please advice.
Is it risky to get pregnant at the age of 43 and if a women get pregnant at this age what precautions should she take?
Hi sir/ madam my age 30 year old and my wife 24 old now. We married before three years. After marriage my wife had pregnancy but after two month she got miscarriage. She got abortion through tablets. After abortion we took precautions for pregnancy up to six months. Six moths after abortion we had no precautions regarding pregnancy but still no conceived. Already we had taken all tests as seaman analysis, lh fsh, t3 t4 tsh, etc. We have taken thrice time iui. But there is no conceiving. Now what we will do. Please suggests us. Thank you
I have burning in my private area it hurts when I wash . It started one year back since I used a hair removing cream I am 50 female
Jab me apne husband ke sath intimate hoti hu to vagina me irritation hoti h bahut jyada. please tell me why I have irritation. and treatment also.
My wife is 33 years old. We have one baby of 4 years of age. Recently my wife has missed her periods. Pregnancy test resulted negative. She had polycystic Ovarian Disease in past. What should we do?
Simple Home Remedies to get rid of itchy scalp
Dry itchy scalp can be a nuisance, especially when you get that itchy feeling in the presence of someone or when white flakes become visible in your hair or on your shoulders. Caused by various reasons such as dandruff, dryness of the scalp, poor care of the hair, viral or fungal infections, poor diet, sebaceous cysts or even stress, itchy scalp can be a big embarrassment. However, you can get rid of this itchy scalp with these simple remedies:
Lemon has antiseptic properties and proves highly effective in treating itchiness especially the one caused by dandruff.
- Apply lemon juice directly on the scalp for 5-7 minutes and then rinse
- Use diluted lemon juice if you do not have dandruff
- Or you can add yogurt to the lemon juice before applying. Use a mild shampoo to rinse after that.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can work wonderfully for itchy scalp since it helps to get rid of the fungus and virus that may be the reason for itchiness. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that also balances the scalp’s pH balance helping to relieve dryness and itching.
- In a spray bottle, take equal amounts of water and vinegar and use it to spray directly on your slightly wet scalp or apply with the help of cotton balls
- Shampoo your hair after some time
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is a good moisturizer and can help you to get rid of itching and dryness of the scalp.
- Rub the gel with your fingers directly on the scalp
- After 10-15 minutes, use a mild shampoo to rinse your hair and scalp
4. Onion Juice with Banana and Honey
Onion juice is a powerful remedy for itching. Honey too works incredibly to get rid of itchiness.
- Add some onion juice along with a mashed ripe banana to 2 tablespoons of honey and mix thoroughly
- Apply on the scalp and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Shampoo your hair afterwards to get rid of the white flakes and itchiness
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like Eucalyptus, Lavender and Neem also work well for relieving itching of the scalp.
- Mix equal portions of the 3 together and apply on the scalp
- Wash after an hour to get a relaxing feel apart from relief from itching and dryness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'