Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Usha RaghuramanYour feedback matters!
I have a desk job since last three years I have daily severe pain in my back and shoulders pain also what can I do please give me solution what can I do?
It's been a month now that every time I wake up in the morning, I feel pain in my arch of right foot and Achilles of left foot, what can be the reason for this? Thank you.
I am diagnosed with a small sliding hiatus hernia and my medications are going on from about 8 months but nothing is working for me. I am getting sick day by day. The symptoms I am experiencing are Nausea and Weight loss. Please help me doctor. I have no reflux of acid or gerd even I am much more nausea.Please tell.
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am 35 year old feemale. From last 1 year I feel vibrations and muscle twitches in the body generally at the time when I lie down. My doctor checked me for als with some needle test. It csme negative. My vitamins are ok. But the vibrations are not going. I really feel very scared and uncomfortable with this. Please let me know how can it go completely.
I have pains in legs for about 2 months. When I walk for sometime pain starts. Is mastubration is cause.
Last two month I had an accident with my bike and my right leg had very badly injured in this accident. Some very big stains in my leg please tell me the solution of this problem?
I've been experiencing current kind of a thing for quite some time in the left hand palm. Could that be something to worry?
My wife has blood sugar Fasting 130 Pp 150 Now when she walk abouts 500 meters. She feeling pain in left arm What is problem Kya ye enjiana ka pain he?
Hell sir I am 20 year old male and have spinal pain over 1 month what should I do and what if don't want to take medicine?
I am 25 years old. Pain in right lumber region. Pain aggravation by walking and lying down. What I do!
I have pain in joints specially in morning. Presently I am 18 years old. Is this symptoms of arthritis?
I have pain in my left hand. So wht to do now . I am doing exercise daily at gym. please help me for forget my pain.
Hi sir, All over body joint cracking shoulder leg hand not standing problem and vibration body erection sleeping sound and wake up sound Walking sound 6 month sa like this all Reason what.
Hernia is not life threatening, but is commonly experienced by a number of people. You will experience hernia when an organ pushes through the muscles or tissues surrounding them. A hernia can occur anywhere in the body. The most common areas affected by it are the abdominal area, upper thigh, groin and belly button. In most cases, a surgery is required to treat this condition.
There are 4 common types of hernias. These are:
- Inguinal hernia: This is the most common type of hernia and affects more men than women. It occurs when the intestines push through the lower abdominal wall into the inguinal canal.
- Hiatal hernia: This commonly affects elderly people and occurs when the stomach pushes upwards through the diaphragm. It may also affect children if they are born with a congenital birth defect.
- Umbilical hernia: This affects children and occurs when the intestine pushes through abdominal wall near the bellybutton.
- Incisional hernia: This occurs after an abdominal surgery when the intestine pushes through the scar or other weak tissues.
A hernia can develop overnight or over a period of time. It can be triggered by many factors that cause weakening of muscles and strain the body.
Some of these are:
- Congenital defects such as the abdominal wall failing to close properly
- Persistent coughing
- Surgical errors or injuries
- Pressure on the abdomen caused by pregnancy
- Straining as a result of constipation
- Collection of fluid in the abdomen
- Heavy weight lifting
- Excess weight gain
If anyone in your family has a hernia, you are at a high risk of suffering from one as well. Being obese and smoking can also increase your risk. Cystic fibrosis can also indirectly trigger a hernia by causing a persistent cough. Sometimes a hernia has no symptoms. A bulge in the affected area is the most common symptom of a hernia.
Some other symptoms that you may notice are:
- Pain in the affected area
- Weakness or pressure in the abdomen
- A burning or aching sensation in the affected area
- Acid reflux
- Chest pain
- Difficulty swallowing
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.