Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
I hv pcod prblm. Im nt getting periods regularly. I was married last yr. I wnt to conceive. I used some medications.
Is it possible for a person to contract an STD if she or he is having sex with more than one person at a time but neither of the partners has an STD?
1. Menses Problems - Menses problems like irregular menses, delayed menses or in little blood flow, have to start Kumari Aasav 10 ml twice a day with warm water adding in it.
2. Hysteria - Give Natural Borax Powder (Purified Tankan) 1 -2 grams with honey or warm water.
3. Stye - In Problem of Stye have to apply Paste of Rasvanti (Rasanjan) on eyelids or on affected area. And take Trifla churna regularly.
4. Abdominal Pain - Take Shivakshar Churna 2 to 4 grams with warm water twice or thrice a day. And use hot water bag or heating pad on affected part of the abdomen.
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Im checked my urine using with the pregnancy test kit. The result is positive. Then im checked from the laboratory then also the result is positive. But my period date is not over. Before my period date I get the result. My last month period started from 19 th january and ended on 26 th january. Is it ture result.
I am 23 years old before 1 year I got pregnant but my 1 month baby miscarriage and after then I am not getting pregnant why? Please advise.
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries includes producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid-filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.