Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
I have dark spots on my cheeks. I have few dark spots not many. Suggest me home remedies to evacuate dark spots ?
Sir, please I need your help. I dont have any inner glow in my facial skin. I dont have any marks and pimples at present. Before 1.5 years my skin was acne prone skin. Now its winter so again my skin becomes dry but oily in nose and forehead. My skin is very sensitive. So kindly suggest me to help my facial skin glow as glow has disappear from my face. I am male and I am 31 years old. Thank you.
I am 60 yrs old. Suffering from prostate problems.please advise the tests to be carry out and medicine to follow.
My face looking smaller. As I am turning to 20. My face looking smaller. What I should do. To make my face look bigger. It's not looking good small face.
Hello Dr. I got harpies disease at my head in last month now I am fine but some marks remaining on face and head so I want to know its will move automatically with time or will take treatment for spot.
My daughter has burn in childhood through cup of hot milk, and now she is 18 year old, please suggest, she has scar at stomach,
I wanted to ask that actually since some months back i'm having blemish or small pimples kinda stuff. Amd its very irritating. N though my skin is much fair and not even dry or much oily. Also I had used many tricks n tips. Face washes. Home remedies to treat but still have blemish marks on face. Wht to do for them. Plzz suggest?
I have black heads in a face. Many types of exercises was done but no positive result. What I should do.
I am an 18 year old girl and I had unprotected sex 10/3/16. It's been 3 days and I am experiencing red patches on my breast and hands along with frequent urination trips. What should I do? Am I pregnant? Is Mifeprin advisable?
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
- Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
- Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
- Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
- Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimetres will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
- Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the colour, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin colour.
- Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
- Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.