Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
I Suffering through my skin is being so much oily what should I do? And what should I do to keep my skin clear and healthy?
How my hair becomes black they become white at this stage and my face is full of scars how I get out of it, I have so many pimples on my face? Please suggest some natural way.
Only my face is getting dark and damaging. I'm travelling in two wheeler daily. My face gets exposed to sun and air pollution. So what is the remedies to overcome and get my original fair skin back?
Hi. This is Abdul as my mother want to remove black marks on her face. And mother details given below.
Which melanin reduction cream is really good and how to use it as I am dark I want to get some change in my face color tone.
I am 38 years but i had lot of wrinkle in my face and eye sight is also problem. Lot of grey hairs were in my head
I have marks on my face which I got when I was suffering from chickenpox. So how to reduce those marks.
Sir, main yeh janna chahta hu ki mujhe 2-4 white spot ho rahe hai . Inhe kaise roka jaye. Please help me.
I have dark spots under my eyes how it should be reduce and what should I do to reduce these dark spots.
Facial Melanosis is the effect of excessive Melanin and abnormal Melanocyte under the skin. This results in hyperpigmentation problem; which frequently changes from brown to black and is usually found on the cheek and brow areas of the face. Mostly occurring in females as compared to males, it is found in the age group of over 30 years. Pregnancy, sun exposure, stress, hormone treatments including contraceptive pills, certain medications, and some cosmetics are some of the factors triggering Facial Melanosis.
Treatments for Facial Melanosis:
Facial Melanosis treatment might be very slow to respond. Sometimes, it also leads to irritation in sensitive skin, thus resulting in post inflammatory pigmentation.
Usually, a combination of following measures is helpful:
- Discontinuation of hormonal contraception
- Lifelong, year-round sun protection with a high SPF sunscreen. Reapply it after every 2 hours in case you are outdoors during the summer. Along with this, wear a broad-brimmed hat.
- If applicable, choose cosmetics which have sunscreen.
- Use a mild cleanser and if your skin is dry, don’t forget to use a light moisturizer.
- Application of Anti-Melasma Cream – The main function of Anti-Melasma cream is to reduce the Melanin by interrupting Tyrosinase (enzyme containing copper found in animal and plant tissues which support the secretion of melanin) activity. The active elements in the cream which are intended for Anti-Melasma are Licorice Acid, Retinoic Acid, Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Tranexamic Acid, Azelaic Acid and Ascorbic Acid.
- Usage of Sun Protection Cream – You should look out for those sun protection creams with SPF factor above 15. Also, Sunscreen should be Para-Aminobenzoic Acid-Free (PABA-Free). The presence of Micronized Titanium Dioxide, which is an active element that works as UV-A and UV-B reflector, becomes an issue of importance while selecting the perfect sunscreen.
- Peeling – Superficial or the epidermis layer of your skin can be chemically peeled off and this must be done by a specilized dermatologist or under the supervision of a dermatologist.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.