Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Anil Shukla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha Anil ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a common phenomenon that happens to over 75% of menstruating women. It refers to a set of symptoms that a woman experiences 7 to 10 days within the onset of her monthly period. The symptoms often cause great discomfort to the woman, but disappear soon after the period gets over.
The symptoms include muscle cramps, headache, body ache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings and a lot more. This is not a pathogen related disease. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance before the start of menses in women. The level of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progesterone fluctuate inside a woman’s body prior to the menses. They are believed to have an impact on certain chemicals released by the brain. Therefore, women experience these symptoms during this time of their monthly cycle.
You don’t need to depend on strict medication to get rid of these symptoms. They can vanish if you make some changes in your lifestyle.
Here are some natural ways to get rid of these symptoms:
- Check your diet: In order to enjoy a healthy period, you need to avoid certain food items. Trans fats and hydrogenated fats can increase these symptoms. Cut down on the sugar content of your meal as high sugar level can give birth to some of these symptoms like mood swings, headache, nausea, etc. It is also important to check the water content in your body. It is advisable to avoid salt as too much water retention can be bad. Too much consumption of caffeine can cause depression and anxiety.
- Go for a holistic and balanced diet: Women must include sufficient amounts of minerals and vitamins in their diet to avoid PMS. Try eating foods that are rich in magnesium such as bananas and leafy green vegetables. Also consume Vitamin A rich foods, mainly yellow and orange vegetables.
- Take up some light exercises: Light aerobic exercises may help you in getting some relief from bloated stomach and pain. But, don’t exert yourself in doing stressful exercises.
- Try some heat: Applying a heat pad can provide relief from muscle cramps and abdominal pain. Heat dilates the blood vessels and improves flow of blood through them. This provides relief from any sort of pain.
- Drink right: It is true that too much retention of water in the body can worsen PMS. But it is advisable that you drink sufficient amount of water during the periods or before it starts. As experts say, water itself can hinder water retention in your body. Besides water, go for herbal drinks like a cup of hot ginger tea. Some herbal drinks can work wonders in preventing PMS.
- Sleep well: Adequate night sleep is a must for menstruating women.
- Oil message: Use lavender oil and cypress oil to avoid muscle cramps and tension.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dear madam please tel me safe period for sex with my wife to avoid pregnancy She has periods on every month 7 only One day.
Health benefits of honey and cinnamon
The health benefits of honey and cinnamon include the following:
Immune system: honey and cinnamon paste is good for boosting the immune system, eliminating chronic fatigue and increasing the life span of people. It can also be used for treating colds and influenza. This is partially due to the antioxidants found in both honey and cinnamon which can combine to combat the free radicals in the body’s organ systems.
Diabetes: cinnamon contains antioxidant flavonoids whose effect closely resembles that of insulin, meaning that it can encourage glucose out of the bloodstream and into the cells where it is needed for functional energy source. Energy, as a pure source of natural sugar, does not cause nearly the fluctuation in blood sugar levels that many artificial sources of sugar do, and cinnamon’s effects, when combined with honey, show a steady use of glucose by the body, and an improvement in type 2 diabetes management.
Cancer: the phytochemicals that are found in such impressive amounts in honey have been linked to preventing cancer, while cinnamon has certain anti-tumor properties that can also decrease the chances of metastasis or the spread of cancer through tumorous growth. Certain acids within honey also directly shut down the activity of two enzymes, lipoxygenase and phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase c, which have both been linked to producing cancerous materials in the body.
Itching: another health benefit of honey and cinnamon include relief from insect bites. A paste made of honey and cinnamon is often used to treat insect bites and relieve inflammation at the source. Cinnamon is considered an anti-inflammatory substance, while honey is an antiseptic and therapeutic component of many beauty and cosmetic products, so their combination works on all aspects of skin irritation and insect bites at the same time, while simultaneously keeping you from developing infections.
Digestion: honey and cinnamon can help to increase the health and functionality of the digestive system. It can remove gas from the stomach and intestine and treat stomachache, excess flatulence, indigestion and bladder infections. Regular consumption of cinnamon and honey will help in maintaining healthy digestion, which protects the gastrointestinal system from a number of more serious conditions.
Arthritis: honey and cinnamon are also beneficial in providing relief from arthritis. Regular intake of honey and cinnamon paste helps to maintain bone health and relieves joint pain. You can also mix honey and cinnamon powder in warm water and enjoy the same resulting health boosts.
Skin care: the benefits of honey and cinnamon extend to skin care as well, where minor skin infections and pimples can be treated with a simple application of a paste formed from these two precious foods. This can be done on actual wounds, or on the skin as a general spread due to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antioxidant characteristics, which can reduce the appearance of age-related spots and wrinkles by reducing the impact of free radicals in the skin.
Heart disorders: honey and cinnamon are used for reducing cholesterol levels and thus providing additional protection to the health to your heart. A high cholesterol level (ldl or “bad” cholesterol) can result in atherosclerosis or plaque buildup on the walls of arteries and vessels, thereby increasing the chances of a clot forming that can result in a heart attack or a stroke.
Weight loss: a mixture of honey and cinnamon in warm water is considered a good weight loss tool. Of course, like any other weight loss remedy, results are only seen when you combine it with a controlled diet and regular exercise.type diabetes