Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. UnithanYour feedback matters!
My dad. Hvng age 50 yrs. Got sudden knee pain. please Dr. Can you tel me urgent remedy. Home remedy. Plz.
I am 26 years old I am facing hair fall problem. Please advice me what should I do to stop hair fall. And how my hair can grow.
My hair is falling day by day. My college hostel water is purify with chlorine. I think it is the reason. What can I do to stop hair falling?
I am 17years old student I am suffering from severe gas problem daily I try many medicines available in the market but I can't get out of the problem pls help me doctors.
Hello I am 28 years my weight is 48 kg. I am computer operator. My diet is overall right. My body is also active. But I am so thin. I am not going to latrine regular basis. After 1 or 2 days I relief better after discharge my latrine. I am facing same issue more than 5 to 6 years. Is it any big issue or What can I do for my body.
I am 24 year old and I have very less number of facial hair. What are reason behind it .and to over from this.
Sir, I am 40 yrs, 5"2 H, 38 Kg weight, I am suffering from Type 2 diabetes uncontrolled. I take Creon 25000. 3/day. And take 12 U longterm insulin. Kindly suggest me to increase my weight. As I limit my Carb & fat. another suppl. Can't suite me & there is constipation problem with me. So can I take high calories & some fat or any other suppl. So I can increase my weight. My Dr. Suggest me Penta-sure 2.0 but it not suit me. Kindly give me suggest to medicine or other way to increase my weight. Thank you.
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.
How to prevent a hunchback
Remember the 30-30 rule - prevent a hunchback. It is a golden winning rule and it can help prevent hunchback.
- For every 30 minutes of doing a certain activity do 30 seconds of movement in opposite direction.
- Every 30 minutes that you sit in the chair get up and do a stretch with a backward bend for 30 seconds.
- If your neck is bothering you just take a moment to draw your chin in as if getting a double chin, roll your shoulders back and down and stretch for 30 seconds.
- If you realize you haven't taken a deep breath in 30 minutes then take a moment to focus on your breathing, take slow deep breaths for 30 seconds.
- Set a timer for every 30 minutes you spend sitting, stretch for 30 seconds and feel better and look better.