Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. UmamaheswariYour feedback matters!
How should I know my skin type and what should I do regularly to take care of my skin and make it look better?
I am 23 old male. I am a student. My skin gets oily very quickly even though I wash with facewash. Yes there any way to prevent it for longer periods?
I am kamna bansal. I am 18 year old female and have eczema in my neck and bottom of hair from last 1 year. What should I do to stop this because I have take lots of medicines, eczema is control but they would not stop the growth permanently.
I am 29 years old. I have eye puffing and dark circle since 5 yr. Is it any symptoms of any deacese.
Sir,i have problem of hair loss ,so please can you suggest me some medicins for that,also i have a problem of dandruff also from last 2 months.
I have hyperpigmentation around lips, under-arms, and bikini area. What should I do? Please help me.
Hello. Madam. Can you please kindly give me an good advice how to stop my hairs falls and not become blades. Madam almost 2years me facing this problems. I used many oils by ordering form Tele shopping but still than I havnt got good result. So madam I will more thankful to you if I gets an advice form you how to get back my hairs falls. Thanks you.
I am a 28 years old single girl. My problem is my skin is so tanied. I take precaution also but not working please suggest me the best advise.
I was suffered from chicken pox from 22th April. Now I am recovering. But I want to ask is there any cream or ointment to remove the spots of my body and my face. There was a chicken chicken pox for me and spots are on my whole body and face. And I am tired using coconut water.
I am 24 years old but still not get full face beard. Is there any solution to improve the growth of your beard. How to get beard on full face.
My hands backside skin doesn't remain soft during the winters, what should I do so that they remain soft during the winters?
I have become darker due to exposure to sun light at my work place. I used to be fair but now I have become darker. What should be done to regain my colour back?
I am 21 years old, male. My palms get so dry in the summer season specially may n june. Skin get peeled off easily. It gives so rough feeling in the hands and this problem is also in my feet I applied cotaryl cream but it didn't give results please suggest me the cure and also the cause of this problem.
I have a very oily skin. Plus I have started getting pores on my face. It's very difficult. My face looks so dull. Plus I'm skinny and I want to gain weight. please help. These two things make me lose my confidence. I'm very good academically. But these two things affect my personality.
Your hand is an integral part of your persona, which is why you need to keep them clean and presentable. However, conditions such as cuticle skin peeling can take away the beauty of your hands. Cuticle skin peeling can also irritate your hand throughout the day when the cuts are exposed to external elements, such as food or dirt. You could also infect your fingers in the process, if the cuticles are not treated properly.
Causes of Cuticle skin peeling:
- Allergic reaction: Bacteria may cause allergies and stimulate cuticle peeling problem. Detergents and other chemical product can also cause irritation.
- Bad habit: If you have a habit of biting nails or picking nails, then also you can be infected. Moreover, if you rip off your hanging nails instead of chipping them properly then it can result to skin infection.
- Lack of minerals: Calcium and vitamin deficiency can also be a reason for cuticle skin peeling around your fingernails. The skin gets dry and flaky resulting in breaks and chips which may in turn lead to cuticles.
- Skin diseases: If you have any skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis etc then you are likely to develop skin cuticle peeling problem.
Some treatments for cuticle peeling problems
- Warm lemon water: Rinse your hand everyday with warm lemon water to clean the nooks and crannies of the fingers where dirt may be stored. After washing hour hands ensure your moisturise them to keep it supple which will prevent the development of cuticles.
- Cucumber: You can also rub cucumber slices gently on your skin to reduce the inflammation form cuticles and sooth any wounds on the fingers.
- Aloe vera: You can also use the aloe vera gel for its cooling and soothing factors. Using aloe vera multiple times a day will help to get rid of cuticle-peeling by naturally moisturising and disinfecting the skin areas a t the same time.
- Honey: Use honey on your hands and then wash it with lukewarm water to get soft and smooth skin.
- Balanced diet: Maintaining a proper diet containing which has healthy fats, dietary fibre, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and protein will nourish all areas of your skin properly and prevent the problems of cuticle peeling occurring in the first place.
- Antibiotics: You may also need to take anti-infection drugs to reduce the problem if you have already had an infection in your fingers within the cuticles.