Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma SelvamYour feedback matters!
Respected sir/ ma'am. I had unprotected sex on 27 august 2016. I did beta hcg after 51 days of intercourse whose result was < 1.20 miU/mL. Home urine pregnancy test also came NEGATIVE I had bleeding 23 October ,23 November, 21December as well as 19 January for five days each. But today I am having on 10 February I am having constipation. I read on internet that constipation is common in second trimester. So Is it because of pregnancy or normal constipation?
Sir I had sex with my wife 4 day before of her period date. Last month on 9 February her menses had come and I had sex with her on 5th March. Today is 16th march but her menses didn't come. Want to know that is she pregnant. Will you please tell me that a female can get pregnant if a man have sex with her before 5-6 day of period date.
I am 32 years 5 month pregnant n often stomach pain y Dr. All say for heat n my blood is less what food to have for both dr.
Mera mention period time pr kbi nai aata mai kya kru doctor mai jb tk doctor se concerend nai hoti tb tk her month pe mera period aata hi nai h caahe jitne b din nikl jaaye pls meri help kijiye mai kya kru?
I have pcos from the age of 15. Would like to know what hormonal imbalances I have and what diet should I follow so that my hormones are under control. I don't get period for two months and recently Even after two months I just had little bleeding. Please guide what should I do. I'm very depressed.
Beetroot juice peena pregnancy me risk Hain? I mean during pregnancy beetroot juice is risky? Pregnancy me beetroot juice peeya ja skta hain ya nhi? Pregnency me beet juice peene ka fayda?
I am worried that I may b pregnant. I took medron for 5 days to get my periods back I also have pcos .bt I had sex with my bf using condom then the next day I bleed .its my periods or pregnancy? please help .thank you doctor.
I want to convince but I have ovarian ancheoic cyst in left side measuring 3.5*2.9 with internal echoes and septation -haemorrhagic/complex left ovarian cyst. Is it cured without any surgery? I use folic acid tablets from 10 days before. Can I use it now? Was the cyst cause any problem for pregnancy?
I am not suffering from any disease. Last I got married and now I am planning for a baby. Someone told me that I need to do sex after 2 - 3 days of menstrual cycle. I did the same but still facing problem. Am I doing sex at right time. Please help me out. Thanks.
I have polycystic ovary. I am not able to conceive. We are married for 9 years now. My husband has diabties.
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
I am a 23 old female. I was diagnosed with hirsutism 2 years ago and was prescribed krimson 35. And was asked to take it with a gap of 1 or 2 month. I had not taken it for about 2 months. My last period came on 5 nov. I had sex (protected) on 17 dec and took an ipill the same day. Now I am 11 days late for my periods. Took several preganews tests that came out negative. Took a beta hcg test that said hcg below 1.2.why am I still not getting my periods? I am really worried. Is it sure that I am not pregnant? I don't want to be. Please help.
Kitne month tak abortion ho Sakta he normally. Ya fir kitne month me tablet se garbh nirodhak ho sakta he.
I'm 29 years old women and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and now it's my 49 th day I haven't got monthly period and in test it's showing positive results of pregnancy but from last two to three days it's slightly bleeding and I'm confused whether I'm pregnant or not please give a good suggestion.
Refreshing Cups of Tea, Coffee?
It is a medically known fact that tea, coffee, and colas contain a chemical caffeine which is responsible for giving you the feeling of mental and physical alertness. Caffeine is also present to some extent in chocolate.
If you take these beverages only very occasionally,a single cup of coffee can increase your blood pressure by up to 10mm Hg. However if you take it every day, your body gets used to its effects and there may not be any effect on your blood pressure, even in the long run. Women who suffer from low blood pressure will actually benefit from an occasional cuppa.
People who have an established history of heart disease need to be cautious if they take more than 2 cups of coffee and equivalent per day. In the long run, caffeine may increase anxiety and depression.
On the other hand, long-term caffeine intake of more than 2 cups a day may reduce age-related memory loss, Parkinson's disease, liver cirrhosis and onset of diabetes.
If you want to make your cuppa super efficient and boost your metabolism further, just sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on top.It may just help you loose weight faster...