Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma SelvamYour feedback matters!
I'm a 22 year old female. I have been irregular on my periods for over 8 months now. And even when they do come very less compared to an year ago. My body starts hurting before the periods begin. I read about this condition on the internet but have not been consulting any gynaecologist yet. I haven't changed my diet in years. Is it natural or it's a problem?
Hello doctor. I have irregular menstrual cycle. Generally 3-4-5 moths late. What is the reason for that? Kindly prescribe me some medicine and it's cute? Thank you.
Hello Dr: My wife is 24 week pregnant, She gone thru scan yesterday and report says: Umbilical artery - PI: 1.50 (>95 th centile). High Resistance flow" baby weight is 550 gram approx, AFI: 11.5, MCA PI: 1.99. Please help us how to resolve this issue. She taking Ecosprin 150 from 9 week onward. Please help.
Hlo doctor .i am 20 years .i m suffering from irregular periods .plz tell me what I have to do for this.
My period is irregular doctor suggested me fertile medicine on second day of period n tenth day dupaston for ten days on eleventh day estil n progestil injection this all process for 3month during dis can I get pragnant. I want to be conceive please help what to do ?
Sir I have pain in left boobs, it has painful so much and pain is coming for only 2 minutes, than I feel relax. So what am I doing for this problem.
I gave breastfeed to my kid till 2 years but now I stop giving him. From last 3-4 days I felt pain in my left side of breast. I can't lie upside down on my bed while sleeping.
Due date of period 28th june b comes on 13th june for 2 days after and unprotected sex on 12th June 2016 is there any chances of getting pregnant I should take an Ipill to stop the pregnancy.
Here are the 4 reasons as to why you need to make watermelon your companion this season:
1) A well of water - With around 92% of water trapped in that green melon ball, one can never be thirsty or dehydrated when consuming watermelon. It is a perfect source of hydration. Watermelon is full of good electrolytes, and these electrolytes can help you prevent heat strokes in summers.
2) An all-rounder - Watermelon is a hydrator, a fruit and a vegetable. Yes, you read that right. Watermelon is a fruit as well as a vegetable. It can be traced back to the cucumber family known as Cucurbitaceae. Not to forget the rind, this can be consumed as well.
3) The Multi-tasking Rind - Don’t we love a multi-tasker? Well, the watermelon rind is one of them. The watermelon rind contains citrulline which makes arginine, an amino acid, which is responsible for making proteins which lead to relaxation of blood vessels. The citrulline also leads to less muscle fatigue which therefore allows you to extend your workout sessions. And with only 1.8 calories in 1 inch cube of watermelon rind, it is a must to make some place for it, in your diet or daily meals.
4. The fertility seeds - Watermelon seeds contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes. This matters because lycopene acts as an antioxidant which stops the free radicals from making any damage to cells and immune system. Lycopene is not only good for your face but also helps in improving male fertility.
Take Away - Who says, money cannot buy health? You can buy a watermelon! So, when are you buying health? And making it your companion this season!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Am having severe pain during my periods. Can you please suggest a tablet which don't have any side effects. And also I couldn't take any foods while in periods.
Delivery date se pahle sesarean karna sahi hai kya bta rahe hai fluid ki kami ho rhi hai delivery date 3/01/17 hai.
My wife, aged 62 years, has some sort of burning sensation in her vagina, which increases at night, specially after urinating. This problem is continuing for the last three-four years with varying degree of intensity. About three years ago, she underwent a minor operation for this problem, after which she got some relief for about six months. But this problem was not completely solved.
I am suffering from pcos. Is it a good idea to take contraceptives like ginette 35 & if yes then for how long. Also will it cause problems in conceiving later on.
I am 26 years old & married as my husband & we both have same blood group can complication will come during pregnancy or having a child please guide me.
Sir yesterday I have sex with my partner but I don't release sperm in her vagina is there any chance of pregnancy please help me I am so scared Thank you.
I had sex and used contraceptive pills. Just after that. And I had sex the other day also. I didn't use condom. And just after someday she had periods. Which contained the blood of deep colour. And now she is telling there is pain in stomach. Can she be pregnant?
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.