Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma Ramesh KYour feedback matters!
Drink lots of water: People tend to drink less water during winters but it is highly important to hydrate your skin from within. Carry a bottle of water with you whenever you step outside. Herbal tea is also a great remedy to moisturise your skin from within. Don’t leave your skin thirsty. Drink more water and help your skin retain its shine.
Bathe with lukewarm water: Winter is the time when your skin and hair need maximum attention. Though the idea of piping hot water is very tempting, stick to a lukewarm water bath every day. Make sure you use a mild non-drying soap or a moisturising soap to prevent your skin from getting dry and itchy.
Keep your skin moisturised: Choose a good, oil-based moisturiser to keep the skin moisturised and soft. Pay special attention to the exposed parts (and the most affected areas) like your hands, nails, feet and lips. Keep them well moisturised at all times. Use a lip balm to keep your lips soft and supple. Lip balm with SPF works better. Even those who have oily skin must use light moisturising lotions after cleansing to keep the skin soft.
Use a good sunscreen: People like to enjoy the sun during winters but little do they know that exposure to the sun can harm their skin in winter too. Use a sunscreen of SPF 15 or more when you step out in the open. In fact, it should be a part of your daily routine throughout the year. Don’t say goodbye to your sunscreen just because summer is over.
Do not lick your lips: Winter is the season of chapped lips and licking them will make them more chapped. Instead, use a good lip balm, preferably which contains tea tree oil as it helps heal painful cracks.
Internal wellness: This continues to be a requirement all through the year as a healthy skin is a reflection of good inner health. One should continue to eat healthy, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly.
Hi, My daughter who is almost 11 years old has small bulge (swelling like a hump) in breast which when she touches feels hard but no pain, the other breast is normal. It's not paining her. If she presses breast feel little pain. I am afraid of what it would be. Please suggest me what to do.
I am getting my period in every fifteen days and flow is very less. Is it risky. Is it I need to consult doctor soon.
What is the best diet for a woman who has just conceived? What should she avoid eating? Which exercise she should do?
If you have anemia, your blood does not carry enough oxygen to the rest of your body. The most common cause of anemia is not having enough iron. Your body needs iron to make hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein that gives the red color to blood. It carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
Anemia has three main causes: blood loss, lack of red blood cell production, and high rates of red blood cell destruction.
Conditions that may lead to anemia include
- Heavy periods
- Colon polyps or colon cancer
- Inherited disorders
- A diet that does not have enough iron, folic acid or vitamin B12
- Blood disorders such as sickle cell anemia and thalassemia, or cancer
- Aplastic anemia, a condition that can be inherited or acquired
- G6PD deficiency, a metabolic disorder
Anemia can make you feel tired, cold, dizzy, and irritable. You may be short of breath or have a headache.
Your doctor will diagnose anemia with a physical exam and blood tests. Treatment depends on the kind of anemia you have.
What is the cost of hiv and vdrl tests in bangalore? does government hospitals do these tests? and is vdrl test for syphilis test only? what tests for other stds?
Muje kuch time se har mnth pith or kamar(back Pain) me pain rahta h sath hi meri pcod ki ,krimson 35, ovabless,Glyciphage chal rahi h sath hi please muje ye bhi batae ki hum baby planing kar rahe h iske bad baby hone ke chances hai kya please reply.
I have a unprotected sex and bow I have little bit rashes on my body but its not reddish colour and I have a hand pain a week ago is this a symptoms of aid.
I had sex till 17th of June my last period was on 1st June with regular 31 cycle. This month I didn't get my period and I check pregnancy test but it is negative. Is there any chance to get pregnant?
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.
I'm pregnant but mujhe pata Nahi tha. Mene period extand ki ek tablet le li kya pregnancy par koi effect hoga? Please advise
My wife is, 3 month pregnant and she is having a stone also and her ovaries is little bigger normally how it should be. My question is does it will effect to baby and mother while delivery time is both will be normal.
I and my partner started having sex from 15-8-2014 nd after that we had sex many a times. But now we want to stop or reduce having sex. Wat should we do? Is there any side effect of stopping sex immediately?
Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.
There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.
- Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in nueralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
- Belladona: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladona. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
- Xanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from menstruation.
Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines, and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My wife tested prega news after seven days of her period date and it was positive and all the feelings she experienced during these days were also related to pregnancy but today after 9 days her periods started. I am confused what is happening and what should we do now. Please help us.
My wife 35 weeks 2 days pregnant but kal sonography karwayi juice report kucj is tarah he SINGLE live intrauterine fetus of mga 33wks 2 days with cephalic presentation at the time of scanning (delayed conception)
Is one I pill is enough to stop pregnancy? Or more dose is required or how much should wait for prega news test when get result?
I have been noticing pain in my vagina (vulva. It is aching for 2 days. I have had sex without using the condom. I never had such kind of pain in my private area. Please let me know the reasons.
Wheatgrass is one of the super-foods given to man by Mother Earth. “Man cannot live on ‘wheat’ alone; he also needs the grass nowadays for a number of reasons.”
WHY SHOULD I INCLUDE IT IN MY DIET ROUTINE: The soil in which most of our food grains, cereals, vegetables and fruits are grown has been eroded and drained of much of its trace mineral content over the years. As modern farming techniques have developed, most farmers use nitrogen, potassium, phosphorous based fertilizers. These fertilizers are cheap, but dramatically increase crop yields. Adding other trace minerals like calcium, copper, selenium, zinc and over 60 more that are needed by the human body for optimum health is not cost effective and profitable for farmers to fertilize their crops so obviously they do not use them. The fruits and vegetables grown thus are of maximum quantity but minimum quality.
You do not need to be a scientist to understand that if something is detoxifying your body and at the same time nourishing it, it is only going to improve your natural healing mechanism. On top of that if this ‘something’ is a vegetable (grass) whose grain (wheat) you have been eating since centuries and generations, what more could one ask for? There are no known contraindications unless you are allergic to the wheat grass itself.
People allergic to wheat can consume wheatgrass without any allergic reactions or symptoms. Wheat allergies are usually a reaction to the gluten found in the wheat. Wheat grass is a vegetable, which is cut before the wheat plant transforms into the grain.
Wheat grass has many extraordinary properties; if you are thinking of taking one food supplement with your regular diet, wheat grass must be the first one to be included.
Wheatgrass basically neutralizes toxins and nourishes the body.
Wheatgrass contains enzyme systems and an abundance of alkaline minerals, which helps to stimulate metabolism. Wheatgrass benefits people in numerous ways: nourishing the liver and kidneys, removing toxic metals from the cells, cleansing the lymph system, enriching the blood, restoring balance in the body, and restoring vitality. It washes drug deposits from the body.
Wheatgrass has antibacterial properties and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer. It arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria and helps to destroy free radicals. Wheatgrass: Improves digestion, provides easy assimilation of nutrients, improves blood sugar problems, helps prevent tooth decay, improves liver functions, reduces inflammation, helps in arthritis, removes necrotic debris from open wounds, strengthens immunity.
Wheatgrass also has chlorophyll, which in itself is nature’s boon to mankind and to which we all owe our existence. Chlorophyll has the ability to absorb the sun's energy and repack it into plants in such a way that we can use them as food. Chlorophyll has been described as ‘condensed sunlight’, ‘blood of plant kingdom’, ‘concentrated sun power’. Chlorophyll has the properties of nourishing, purifying and acting as an anti-inflammatory.
Wheat grass is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available. Wheatgrass is 70% chlorophyll, chlorophyll being the basis of all plant life. Chlorophyll has a nearly identical chemical structure to hemoglobin which is present in red blood cells, which is the body's critical oxygen and iron-carrying blood protein. Hemoglobin contains iron whereas chlorophyll contains magnesium in the center of its chemical structure. The alignment of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen are otherwise similar in both. Clinically, chlorophyll is useful in healing wounds, neutralizing bad odors, reducing varicose veins and healing leg ulcers, eliminating impetigo and other types of skin eruptions.
There are many green plants in nature which have chlorophyll, but wheatgrass is superior to other green plants because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man.
Wheatgrass has superoxide dismutase, which is an important antioxidant. Muco-polysaccharides, which are a combination of simple and complex carbohydrates (sugars) which stimulate the body's repair processes. They have a particular affinity to help repair damaged artery and heart tissue. Wheatgrass is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot, beet, amla juice and other fruits and vegetables. Wheatgrass thus contains chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins, minerals in a natural form which is easily digested and absorbed by the body.
IMPORTANCE OF ORGANIC WHEATGRASS: The wheat grass is grown without the use of artificial fertilizers and synthetic pesticides. Wheatgrass grown in organic soil can absorb 92 of the 108 minerals from the soil thereby giving maximum benefit.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE: Vitamin A, B, C, E. Proteins. Enzymes. Minerals: Calcium, boron, chromium, manganese, cobalt, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, silicon. Chlorophyll. Soluble and insoluble dietary fiber.
WHEATGRASS IS FOOD, NOT A MEDICINE. Wheatgrass is not an allopathic, ayurvedic, herbal, homeopathic or any other medicine. It is a vegetable. Therefore do not expect dramatic effects from it. It gradually, but surely nourishes and strengthens your body thereby improving your health status. Every person’s need is different; therefore the dose of wheatgrass powder will be different. The conditions mentioned above are just some of the applications of wheatgrass. Its scope is much wider. It can be used in any disease condition for early recovery or palliation in incurable diseases and even in healthy individuals to maintain health.