Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Ramesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma RameshYour feedback matters!
My period was on 21st. But today it's 29th, yet I haven't my period's.since 3_4 months this types of problem m facing. please suggest mam.
I missed my periods from passed two months but my home pregnancy test aso is negative. I HV got too many pimples on my face.
Hello Doctor, I'm newly married, I do not want my pregnancy now, I got some blog they mention period after 14 days to next period cycle sex without precautions is safe sex. is this 100% true fact. Which is right day after period for safe sex. thanks in advance.
The invention of biological vaccines has proven beneficial to mankind. Vaccination has helped save millions of lives in the last century and continue to form an effective barrier against a host of debilitating diseases. We may state that vaccines represent a miracle of modern science, but citizens need to follow a schedule devised by experts. The Indian Academy of Pediatrics indicates global trends in vaccination and analyzes their efficacy in fending off pathogens by strengthening bodily immunity in human beings. The association creates a list of recommended vaccines and changes in immunization schedules.
What is an immunization schedule?
First of all, it is important to understand what immunization is. It is a procedure that protects human beings and animals from specific diseases. The vaccine is a scientifically developed product which helps defend animal bodies from a range of conditions. This protection can be achieved in two ways; either the person naturally contracts and recovers from the disease or is injected with ‘shots’ for an artificially formulated and manufactured vaccine.
Immunization has played major role in controling infectious diseases. Small pox,a killer disease, has been wiped out. Immunization has changed health and practice of medicine for the better.
Here is the immunization schedule specified by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics for the prevention of diseases.
- BCG or Bacillus Calmette-Guerin: This vaccine offers protection from fatal diseases such as tuberculosis, and it is administered to newborn babies. In case the child has missed a dose, the vaccine may be administered till the child attains one year of age.
- DPT or Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus Toxoid: As the name suggests, this vaccine offers protection from diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus. There are five doses of the disease; the three primary treatments are given during the 6th, 10th, and 14th week of a newborn’s life. The first booster dosage is administered later at the age of 16 months and 24 months, while the second booster dose is given at the age of 5 years to 6 years.
- Hepatitis B: This immunization offers protection from Hepatitis B. A child is required to take four doses of this vaccination. The first dose needs to be taken at birth, and the subsequent doses follow in the 6th, 10th, and 14th week.
- Measles- Lyophilized: This protects newborns from measles. An individual needs to take two doses. The first dose must be taken between the ages of 9 months and 12 months. The second one is given at the age of 16 months to 24 months.
- Tetanus toxoid: It is important to take two doses of tetanus toxoid for protection against tetanus. A woman has to take this immunization during her pregnancy.
- Japanese Encephalitis: This vaccination provides relief from Japanese Encephalitis or brain fever. This virus is active in almost all parts of Asia. Two doses of this vaccine are administered, wherein the first one needs to be taken between 9 months and 12 months of age. The second dosage must be taken between 16 months and 24 months.
Thus, following the immunization schedule devised by your child’s pediatrician is crucial, and must be followed diligently. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Feeling pain in breast on both side and also feel pain in under arms of left side from few months I have examine by self everything is ok but still I feel pain.
I was on krimson 35 from november. Doctor prescribed me to start from 5th day of the cycle. But did not remember if I have started from 4th or 5th. Pill pack ended timely and bleeding occurred in the 7 day break. I again started dec pill pack from the 5th day of period (may be the gap was 8 days. My dec pill pack ended on 24th dec (usually take the pill from 9-11 pm at night. Never missed any pill. On 25th dec partner rubbed his unprotected genitals on my butt (no intercourse, no ejaculation, he went to toilet before the act). Bleeding occurred from 28th dec-2nd January. Again started jan pill pack from 5th day. This time the gap was 7 days. And I took the pill on same time each day. Pill pack ended on 21st jan and bleeding occurred from 25th January to 29th january. My feb pack got over on 18th February and period started from 22nd feb to 27th feb Every time bleeding was light on the first day and got heavier on third day and from fourth day night it becomes lesser and it comes regularly on 4th day of stopping pill. My march pill got over on 18th march. And period started from 22nd march-27th march. No sex activity after 25th dec. Is their any chance of pregnancy since I had certain confusion with November pill regarding the pill free interval. Since no ejaculation or intercourse, will it be able for sperms in precum to make you conceive? Is their any chance of conceiving? M I safe.
Hello Doctor, I am 34 years old female and have undergone kidney transplant in aug 2015. My mother donated her kidney and now I am planning to start my family. Kindly advise if it is advisable to go for the pregnancy or not. My kidney working percentage is 34-35%. If not for pregnancy, what other options are available for me to have my own family. Kindly advise. Thanks.
- Ringworm or tinea infections, are a fungal skin disease. A family of fungi called dermatophytes causes these infections which might occur anywhere on the body, typically the arms, legs, neck, groin, scalp, hair, nails or beard. The fungi survive on the dead skin cells or keratin and rarely invade the deeper membranes and tissues.
- However, many ringworm (or tinea) infections often recur and the usual medicines simply do not help the patient.
- Homoeopathic constitutional treatment will give you a permanent cure.
- You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.