Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma RameshYour feedback matters!
I am age 40 years old female, going through menopause along with severe depression with suicidal ideation. Pls help.
It was abt lst month. She was in her periods. Her period started on 8th march. We met on 10th and we got intimated. during foreplay I got released. On her genitals near clitoris there was no intercourse. Moreover she is still virgin. And after she went home she had her usual flow. And her period ends up on I guess 13 or 14. Firstly is there any chance of getting pregnant in this situation? Secondly Now. Since 8th of march. Now its 5th of april today that is 29th day frm 8th march and she didn't had her period today (29th day) jbki 28 s pehle hi ajati h uska date 26-28 day me and is bar its 29th day today aur ab tk nhi aai date.
Gestational hypertension normally resolves following birth, and blood pressure returns to normal. But women with elevated blood pressure during pregnancy are at higher risk of hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease later in life. Sabour and colleagues evaluated 491 healthy postmenopausal women selected from participants enrolled in the PROSPECT (Predictors of Response to Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy) study from 1993?1997. Women with a history of gestational hypertension had an almost 60% increased risk of having coronary calcification several decades later compared with women who had normal blood pressure during pregnancy. The relationship held for women who had mild elevations in blood pressure during pregnancy as well as for those who developed preeclampsia ? a more serious complication of pregnancy characterized by very high blood pressure, edema, and risk of organ damage.
I am 2 weeks pregnant and it is going good. But last two days started feeling acute acidity followed by contraction with pain. Kindly suggest.
My gf had her periods on 3rd feb..we had unprotected sex on 10th feb..i gave her an ipill within 24 hours..andher next date is on 3rd march..but she had her periods today i.e 16th feb. What could have happened? can she be pregnant?
Hello mai 5mth pregnant hu abhi mene ultrasound karvaya he jisme bataya he ki AFI 5.22 cm he to mujhe please sahi slaha dijiye me kya karu.
Hello, am 22 weeks pregnant now. Today I had a TIFA scan. Doctor said that baby had a thin nasal bone. Is it serious. How can I overcome this problem.
I am 15 year old. I had my first periods on 9 july 2016. It lasted for 3 days with very less flow. I started my second periods on 25 September and it is still continuing. I was having very heavy flow till yesterday. I had to change pads after every three hours. Today the flow is lesser comparatively. Today I am changing pads after 5-6 hours. I am absolutely tired of changing pads. We have a very important festival from 6th october to 11th october and I badly want my periods to end before that. Please help.
I am a 39 years old women. Married from last 5 months. Since 1 week suffering from vaginal dryness. Itching n burning after intercourse. We use condoms each time of intercourse. All started after 7 days of my period was over n contact happened. Doc please prescribe some medicines to get rid of it. Thankyou.
I am married this month. We are not planning for baby. .but we want to continue our love as sex. .so tell me safe time for sex before & after menstruation cycle..
Hi I am 39 years old. Last year in may I had sex and it was unprotected for the first time on 20th nay 2016. After that I did not have sex for about a year. This year my last period happened on 26th march 2017, in the month of april my period did not start and I was not worried because I did not have any sex. But on 13th of may I had unprotected sex with a man who is 53 years old. My period did not come till date. I have hypothyroid also. What are the chances of my being pregnant? And after hiw many days of sex should I check with home pregnancy kit? Pls advise me as I do not want any baby.
Hi. Actually I have problem regarding my periods. Coz I had my last period date 29th may & on 13 &15 had unprotected intercourse so is it possible to be pregnant as I have abdomen pain as occurs in periods bt no periods seen as it almost 5 days delay of periods. Suggest me please as m too panic.
Hello, my last period is on feb 10, 2016. After that we had regular intercourse till march 5. I have pregnancy symptoms nausea, sore breast, dilated visible veins, linea nigra visible, but my period came 1 day late on march 10. Why is it so? I want a baby.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a medical procedure followed for those women or couples suffering from infertility or for certain specific genetic problem. In the normal course, women or couples experience positive results within a few IVF cycles. However, in spite of reasonable pregnancy rates, some women may require few more cycles to achieve pregnancy. In such cases, in order to ensure a healthy pregnancy, the gynecologist may suggest the women undergo Endometrial Scratching before IVF.
Endometrium explained in brief:
The uterus is located in the pelvic region and it is in the size and shape of a pear. The inner cavity of the womb or uterus is protected by the tissue lining called endometrium, also called endometrial. The endometrium plays a significant role in supporting the pregnancy.
The enhanced success of achieving pregnancy:
The endometrial scratching procedure is a very simple one, which is resorted, so as to improve the results of IVF procedure. In this procedure, the gynecologist uses a very fine catheter and makes a small scratch on the endometrial lining. In fact, the scratch causes a kind of inflammatory reaction in the uterus. This inflammatory reaction induces the endometrium to be highly receptive to embryos during the successive menstrual cycle. This added receptivity enhances the success of pregnancy during the next menstrual cycle.
Considering the higher level of success in achieving pregnancy, the endometrial scratching procedure has gained popularity in the IVF procedure. However, some of the other issues related to endometrial scratching may be as follows:
- Endometrial scratching optimises the uterine lining and thereby, makes it easier to continue the embryo implanting procedure. Normally, before the endometrial scratching procedure, the gynecologist may suggest endometrial biopsy.
- The endometrial procedure is usually suggested for those women who had two or more unsuccessful IVF procedures, despite having good quality embryos. However, in some cases, depending on the health of the patient and various other factors, the gynecologist may suggest this endometrial scratching at the very first IVF procedure. This procedure can be availed either for fresh embryos of the couple or frozen embryos or for the donor egg.
- Although this is a part of a surgical procedure; endometrial scratching is very simple and painless and it is done without administering anesthesia. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation. In fact, the patient can go home soon after the procedure. Except for a few pain killers, this procedure does not require any extensive medication.
This is a safe and easy procedure. Neither does it lead to any side effects, nor is the procedure burdensome for your wallet. Many couples have been benefited by this endometrial scratching procedure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi, my wife is 35+ and conceived 2nd time. Our first children is 5.10 years old. So I would like to know is there will be any problem for mother and baby.
Having the highest number of population aff ected by tuberculosis, india also has the highest incidence of genital tuberculosis. The number of indian women suffering from the condition is particularly high.
Nagpur: having the highest number of population affected by tuberculosis, india also has the highest incidence of genital tuberculosis. The number of indian women suffering from the condition is particularly high. It is among the most common causes of infertility, yet not many doctors consider the possibility of genital tuberculosis while treating infertility.
According to some estimates, around 40% indians are infected with tb bacteria. Most of these are latent cases, wherein the sufferer doesn't show symptoms of the disease but can still spread the disease. Genital tb is found to affect around 1% women in india. Ways to manage the condition were discussed during the conference masterclass infertility organized in the city recently.
"the percentage of infertility in the country increases due to genital tb. Among those seeking treatment for infertility, 10-19% of females are affected by it. However, since the condition doesn't have any noticeable symptoms it remains undetected in most patients and infertility caused by it gets categorized as something else" said senior gynaecologist from the city Dr. Sushma deshmukh. She added that the lack of symptoms means that doctors often don't address genital tb as a reason causing infertility.
"the biggest problem is that very few bacteria can cause the disease. This low number makes most tests made to diagnose the disease unsuccessful. This is why it is recommended that bacteria culture, a molecular biology test for ccr and histopathology on the lining of the uterus must be done together" said bangalore-based gynaecologist Dr. Reeta biliangadi. The positive outcome of all these tests, along with observation of clinical signs indicates that the patient is suffering from genital tb.
Among the warning signs of the condition that doctors and the patients must look for include menstrual problems, constant pain in lower abdomen and white discharge" the condition generally flares up during menstruation in the adolescent age. If detected at this time, the damage to the reproductive organs like uterus and fallopian tubes can be minimized. If not, the damage can worsen with time, making it practically impossible for the woman to conceive naturally" said Dr. Biliangadi.
As the fallopian tubes get affected in all cases of the disease, chances of natural conception among the patients are less than 20%, added Dr. Deshmukh.
"despite the availability of tests to detect genital tb, less than 40% patients with it get the chance to go through the tests" she said.
Affect on reproductive health of patient
It starts by affecting the process of releasing the egg into the uterus, which also leads to menstruation
It destroys endometrium or the lining of the uterus where eggs get implanted. This makes natural conception difficult
Leads to obstruction of fallopian tubes, or gradual destruction of the tubes
Increases the possibility of diseases like fibroids.
Please tell me. When is the best time for having a quantitative Blood Pregnancy Test after sex for accurate result?
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose fitting clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.