Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma RameshYour feedback matters!
It's months no periods. And negative pregnancy test. I have sleeping sickness and tiredness. And I don't want to eat the things I liked before. Headaches and backaches. Little cramps always. Little cold. And I scared to take antibiotics. How can I confirm whether I am pregnant or not? Is there any chance that negative pregnancy test even though I am pregnant? Actually when I can try pregnancy test?
To remain fit and free from diseases it is not just enough to make healthy lifestyle choices, one should make a conscious effort to convert these choices into regular habits. Healthy habits make our lives happier, reduce stress and help in maintaining a healthy body and mind.
You can enrich your life by adding these habits to your life -
1. Exercise regularly - Starting a regular exercise regimen can help you in getting fit. Apart from the physical benefits, exercise help release endorphins in the body which are also known as the feel-good hormone as they make you happier.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast - The breakfast is the first meal of the day, so eating a nutritious breakfast that contains a healthy balance of carbohydrates, protein and fiber will keep you satiated and provide energy. Eating breakfast also helps to curb binge eating which may promote weight gain.
3. Stop smoking - Smoking can cause damage to the cardiovascular system in the body which can lead to increased chances of blood pressure problems.
4. Take the stairs - Using the stairs instead of the elevator burns more calories and also increases your aerobic fitness.
5. Avoid the phone before bedtime - If you use your phone before you go to sleep, then it can harm your quality of sleep. The light of the phone screen contains certain wavelengths which disrupt the hormone melatonin that is responsible for regulating sleep.
6. Meditate regularly - Meditating on a regular basis reduces stress, enhances your concentration and promotes overall wellbeing.
7. Avoid processed foods - Eating natural foods such as fruits and vegetables reduces chances of gaining weight and getting affected by disorders of the digestive system. It also helps in improving the health of your skin.
8. Drink green tea - Green tea is packed with antioxidants and nutrients which restrict the formation of free radicals. It also increases the metabolic rate of the body which can cause fat loss.
9. Do balancing exercises - Simply standing on one leg for 10 seconds can enhance your mobility and balance which will be beneficial for you in carrying out your everyday movements.
I have been facing pcod problem since I got married that is 3 years back my doctors are saying to lose weight but on other hand I see to thin girls are also having the same problem that I have so kindly suggest me something so that I may blessed.
Hello I have taken 3pills in a month after my intercourse nw I got my dates bt the flow is very little is there any chance of getting pregnant or it is just a side effect of tablet please rply.
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices.
My periods date is December 2 and periods not came and am late for 4 days. Am I pregnant? I am so tired n having back pain now.
Acupuncture is an alternative medicinal practice that involves stimulating certain pressure points on the body with a needle that penetrates the skin to reduce pain or to treat different health conditions. Most patients try out acupuncture if everything else fails and when their doctors have pronounced their problem unfixable. It is also opted when the physician prescribed medicines have brought no pain relief. Others have discovered that continuous acupuncture tends to make conventional medicines seem moderate.
In case you have not tried out acupuncture and are interested to know whether it is justified regardless of your time and cash, here are five urging motivations that show that acupuncture works:
- It is a personalized healthcare: No two acupuncture therapy patients get a similar treatment for a similar illness or uneasiness. Acupuncturists treat the patients, not the sicknesses. They are prepared to take in everything about you, from the sound of your voice to the nature of your skin to the radiance in your eyes. They think about your entire story over a significant time span. They see your body as a system of related parts: muscles, bones, belt, organs, blood and body liquids. They see what is insufficient and what is trapped, rationally and also physically, and make alterations, thereby encouraging the body's own recovering capacity.
- It is not something to fear: Of course, you may feel the needles and their quick impacts; however, you need not be on edge. In case you are feeling throbbing pains every day in general, you will not even feel the needles go in since the pinch is very minute.
- It shows great after effects: You may go for acupuncture to cure your neck and shoulder pain, and find that the pain reduces. Then, your anxiety level, sleep quality, processing, and general disposition improve and enhance as well.
- It gets to the root: Needle therapy medicines are profoundly mending since they centre around the patient's present condition, explore why their indications are showing and intend to treat the hidden underlying driver.
- It works: Acupuncture has been around before written history. The most punctual composed record originates from a couple of 100 years before the BC. In case it did not work, it surely would not have been done for a large number of years and spread through many Asian medicinal heredities.
Researchers attempt to see how acupuncture functions from a biomedical point of view. Some point to its impacts on fascia, the connective tissue that surrounds every one of our muscles and organs. Some indicate to acupuncture’s capacity to stimulate the limbic framework and autonomic sensory system. Therefore, acupuncture works in many ways and has proven to be the best alternative treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Hi I am 38 yrs old and a mother of two boys ages 15 and 11 my problem is that I always had a normal period of 5 days with proper bleeding but for the past few months I only have a brown reddish discharge for the first three days and then heavy blood flow with cramps for the last 2 days is it something serious please help.
I had sex with a girl on 8 april while last she had period on 5-6, and I haven't used condom while intercourse. Is there any chances of pregnancy. As I have heard that you can do sex with a girl without condom within 6 days before her period and at least 8 days after her period stops. Please guide me.
Post delivery of 2nd child I got my menses after 4.5 months. It was regular twice and irregular 2 other times. What tablet can regularise it or natural foods to get it in regular manner. When ever it gets delayed it starts with giddiness. Please advice.
My sister is 25 year old and she needs abortion is it okay if she take tomatoes as a source of vitamin c to get abort she is 1 week 2 days pregnant and at what amount she needs to eat tomatoes.
My vagina swelling after period time its very painful also so please tell me the solution and why its become swell?
To begin with, what is binge eating? Binge eating is a tenacious temptation in your brain that rears its head every time you are bored or overwhelmed. This temptation literally overpowers all other thought processes to make you reach out for food that you know you do not need. And then, guilt, disgust, frustration and heavy dieting starts! Sounds familiar? Well, you may just be a victim of binge eating. So what can you do about it? Plenty! Here's our list.
- Emotional Hunger: Learn how to listen to your body. This is a way of bringing your mind and body in alignment by being aware and mindful. As soon as you feel a hunger pang, stop and think: is it emotional hunger or is it actually your snack or meal time? Once you learn to distinguish between the two, it is a matter of making a habit out of distracting yourself from emotional hunger by taking up a hobby or a pleasant activity that will also make your brain work in a different direction.
- Focus on your Food: Usually, binge eating happens around unhealthy food that will give your taste buds a temporary kick. This kind of food is generally fatty, fried or sweet. So next time, focus on what you are eating. If you are eating a healthy, regular meal, then focus on the fact that you are doing something positive. This greatly defeats the cause of binge eating as you will chase the positive feeling rather than looking for temporary gratification which leads to more permanent guilt later.
- Regular Meals: Eating your meals regularly at fixed times also dulls the temptation to binge. Regular meal times also set your biological clock and hunger ticking at the right times. If you avoid eating at meal times, then your mental hunger can get mixed up with a need for instant energy that your body requires due to a missed meal. This will make you reach out for unhealthy food in unhealthy portions.
- Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a food diary of everything you ate during the week and then going through it later will give you a lot of perspective on what you are doing wrong and how you can avoid the same.
Distancing yourself from wrong food and portions, and digging deeper into the emotions that trigger chronic binge eating may be answer you are looking for!
Related Tip: Oats - Why you should eat them?
My husband is coming next month. Pls suggest me any medicine to prevent pregnancy because my son is very young he have only 2 years old.
मखना, जिसे फॉक्स-नट या कमल का बीज भी कहा जाता है, ईरियल फॉक्स नामक पौधे से आता है जो पूर्वी एशिया के झीलों या तालाबों के स्थिर पानी में उगता है। वे प्राचीन काल से चीनी दवा में इस्तेमाल किया गया है और आयुर्वेद के विज्ञान में एक महत्वपूर्ण स्थान भी पाता है। धूप में सुखाये हुए कमल के बीज कई चीनी लोग पसंदीदा स्नैक आइटम के रूप में खपत करते हैं। भारत में यह नवरात्रों और अन्य अवसरों के दौरान तैयार किए जाने वाला एक लोकप्रिय 'उपवास' पकवान है।
मखाने के लाभ
इसका स्वास्थ्य लाभ सूखे फल जैसे कि बादाम और अखरोट से बेहतर होता है। मख़ानों के कुछ स्वास्थ्य लाभ निम्न हैं:
1. रक्तचाप के लिए:
उच्च पोटेशियम और कम सोडियम के कारण यह उच्च रक्तचाप वाले व्यक्ति के लिए अच्छा है। यह मानव शरीर के सही रक्तचाप के स्तर को बनाए रखने, स्थिर करने और यहां तक कि सुसंगत करने में भी अच्छे हैं।
2. दिल के लिए:
कमल के बीज में प्रचुर मात्रा में मैग्नीशियम होता है। मैग्नीशियम रक्त, ऑक्सीजन और अन्य पोषक तत्वों के प्रवाह को बेहतर बनाता है। मैग्नीशियम और फोलेट की पोषण संबंधी सामग्री कोरोनरी हृदय रोगों और अन्य हृदय संबंधी स्थितियों से जुड़े जोखिम को कम करती है।
3. वजन घटाने के लिए:
इसमें उच्च फाइबर और कम वसा है। इसके अलावा, चूंकि कमल के बीजों को ग्लिसेमिक इंडेक्स में कम माना जाता है, इसलिए यह आपको पूर्ण होने की भावना देते है और यहां तक कि वजन घटाने मे भी मदद करते है।
4. अनिद्रा के लिए:
इसमें स्वाभाविक रूप से शामक प्रभाव के कारण इसमें अनिद्रा की अयोग्य स्थिति को संभालने और नियंत्रित करने की क्षमता है।
5. एंटी एजिंग:
इसमें मौजूद एल-आयोस्पैर्टिल मेथिलट्रांसफेरेज शरीर के भीतर क्षतिग्रस्त प्रोटीन की मरम्मत और बनाए रखने में मदद करता है।
6. नपुंसकता से बचने के लिए:
यह पुरुषों में शुक्राणुओं की संख्या और महिलाओं में प्रजनन क्षमता बढ़ाने में मदद करता है।
7. दुर्बलता के लिए:
कुछ अनुसंधानों के मुताबिक इन्हे सामान्य दुर्बलता दोष के लिए एक अच्छा उपाय माना जाता है।
8. शांतिकारी प्रभाव:
मखाने का सुखदायक प्रभाव होता है और एंटीस्पास्मोडिक होते हैं, इसलिए आपकी नसों को बेहतर आराम मिलता है और आपको बेहतर नींद मिलती है।
9. गुर्दा के लिए अच्छा है:
यह शरीर में रक्त नियमन में सुधार के द्वारा गुर्दा की समस्या के जोखिम को कम करने में भी मदद करता है।
10. रोगजनक गर्मी के लिए:
अनुसंधान से साबित हुआ है कि यह दिल की शीतलन प्रक्रिया में मदद करता है और इससे उत्पन्न रोगजनक गर्मी को कम कर देता है।
11. सूजन रोकें:
कमल का बीज फ्लोवानोइड्स में बहुत समृद्ध है; एक प्राकृतिक रसायन जो जोखिम को कम करने और सूजन को रोकने में मदद कर सकता है।
12. प्रोटीन में उच्च:
इसमें उच्च मात्रा में प्रोटीन होता है और ग्लूटेन मुक्त होता है इसलिए यह नियमित व्यायाम करने के लिए एक उत्कृष्ट नाश्ता है।
13. मसूढ़ों के लिए:
मख़ानो की नियमित खपत धीरे-धीरे आपके मसूड़ों की समस्याओं को ठीक करती है। यह मुंह में दर्द को ठीक करने में भी मदद करता है।
मखाने के दुष्प्रभाव:
कमल के बीज एलर्जी प्रतिक्रिया पैदा कर सकता है। इसलिए यदि आप कोई लक्षण देखते हैं, तो अपने चिकित्सक से परामर्श करें।
यदि आप पहले से ही इलाज करा रहे हैं, तो मखाने क सेवन से पहले चिकित्सक से परामर्श करें।
3. रक्त शर्करा:
मधुमेह रोगी जो पहले से ही इंसुलिन पर हैं, उन्हें सेवन से पहले चिकित्सक से परामर्श करना चाहिए, क्योंकि यह रक्त में शर्करा के स्तर को कम करने का प्रयास करता है।