Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Ramesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma RameshYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. I have menstrual problem since 3 years. I have consulted 2 gynaecologists. But medical help was partially effective. Now I am facing a new problem. When I have sex the other day my period starts. I had periods twice in a month. What I do?
I have lot of pain during my menses in first 3 days even I can not go out of home. Its a unbearable pain in that part. please advice me. I did not intimate with my partner too because of that fear. please suggest.
Iam 29 years in this month end iam getting married so I have one query need to avoid pregnancy up to 1 yr. In my first nte what precautions I need to follow whether condoms or pills just suggest me.
Hi, From last 2.5 years my periods last only for 1.5 - 2 days but I get my periods regularly. So to overcome this 9 months I was in allopathy medication and from last 1 year I'm taking homeopathy medicines- Ashoka Q and Natrum muriaticum 200X. But these has not make any difference in my menstrual cycle. I have done pelvic sonography CBC and thyroid test also and the reports are normal. Recently one homeopathic doctor told me to stop talking medicines as I get my periods regularly every month and for scanty bleeding he said it may be due my body pattern and said it is absolutely normal. I'm confused what to do now. Please help.
Hi, Last month I had an abortion with pills bleeding continued for 10 days after that this month till now I have not got the periods. I did pregnancy test it's negative. When can I expect my periods back. I am really tensed about this.
On the 21 of March, I was supposed to start my period and I did, but the next day it stopped and the flow was lighter than usual on the 21. I have not had sex. My bf has fingered me though. I am not on any birth controls or medications. I did make a change to my life style though. I started a workout program/dieting in January. The workouts are only about 20 min and include 12.5 pound weights. My diet has helped me eat more and healthier. I have lost 20 pounds since January (starting at 170) and I’m 5 1. I had on time and normal periods on January and February. I turned 20 in February. I’ve been a little stressed out with work and school but I don’t feel like it’s excessive. I’m just super worried and don’t know what to do. Why was my period weird this month? Can you get pregnant from fingering? He never ejaculated so there could’t be semen on his hands when he played with me, right? Will my period start back up this month? What do I need to do to bring it back? Is there a medication I can take to induce my period?
When endometrial tissue goes out of the uterus in women, then endometriosis occurs. In most of the cases, lower tummy and pelvic areas of women show the prominent symptoms of this disease. Symptoms of this disease can either be severe or mild, but immediate medical diagnosis is required so that unwanted symptoms can be effectively prevented.
Surgery, hormone treatment and painkillers are the most prominent treatments that can deal with the concerned trouble, but you can also follow a few natural therapies in this respect. Excessive intake of contraceptive pills can be one of the leading reasons for endometriosis, but you can also inherit this from your family or ancestors.
List of the symptoms of Endometriosis:
- Painful periods: If pain continues throughout the periods, then you get yourself checked as you may have developed endometriosis. These pains can even be quite severe making the situation troublesome to bear. If you find that you are facing unusual menstrual pain, then you should not delay and rather immediately consult your nearest gynaecologist.
- Bleeding periods: Sometimes, bleeding periods can be one of the clear symptoms that can help you to recognize the arrival of endometriosis. Therefore, if you notice excessive bleeding, then you should consult any specialized doctor immediately.
- Pregnancy difficulty: Reduced fertility might create a greater trouble for conceiving, and thus, you might get deprived bearing children. This is one of the most prominent or highlighting symptoms of endometriosis. Endometriosis clumps interrupt egg passage as a result, of which the eggs cannot reach the fallopian tube via ovary. You can take the help of your gynaecologist so that the clumps can be reduced with the help of proper treatments.
- Pelvic area and abdomen pain: You will often experience a worse kind of pain, especially in the pelvic and abdomen areas during and before periods. Sometimes, the pain might even linger after the menstrual period is over. There are many women who take medications for reducing this kind of pain, but this is not the right procedure, rather proper treatment is needed for getting complete recovery on a permanent note.
- Painful sex: You will face a lot of troubles while making intercourse or sexual interaction with your partner, and this pain can be even severe at times. If you are facing painful sex for a long time, then you should immediately report the same to any experienced medical professional.