Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uma.R.ArunYour feedback matters!
I'm unable to feed my new born baby due to lack of breast milk. I need a pharmaceutical solution for this ? Not ayurvedic.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
Related Tip : "Is Postmenopausal Bleeding Normal??"
I am a female and I have been married for past 6 years I have a five year old daughter and I am not able to conceive for the past five years my daughter when she was born had Mongolia spots is it curable or is it inter related with my pregnancy please let me know.
Dear Doctor, My wife is suffering from dryness of vagina During sex it's very painful so yohimbe bark is right medicine or not.
My periods are not regular since I first started to bleed. Is it a problem not having periods regularly? What should I do to make this normal?
To stay in shape, you are required to follow a fitness plan that’s different from men. And, to lose a lot of pounds one must go for running, cycling and any other cardio exercises. But there comes the point when the weight loss suddenly comes to a halt showing no results whatsoever and the woman who never missed her fitness classes is now losing interest in the ongoing fitness regime. In all such instances, strength training is the best way to ensure that fitness remains at beck and call and a 4-week fitness program is what all women must try in order to have a solid foundation of strength and maintain fitness throughout.
The 1st week
If a woman is not accustomed to the weight training exercises, it is natural to be overwhelmed by the idea. But weight training is not as difficult as it may appear to be. One shall have to complete each workout like the straight sets. For instance, it is recommended to do a set of leg presses, then proceed on to the next set of the workout. All the workouts must be completed in this manner with 12 repetitions for 3 sets and a rest of 30 seconds in between. The fitness experts suggest selecting a weight load where the final two repetitions of the set are harder to perform and don’t let the woman do a 13th repetition. One can also increase the load of weight for each set while sticking to 12 repetitions for all the three sets.
The 2nd week
One shall continue with the straight set format for all the workouts in the 2nd week as well. But the 12 repetitions must be increased to 15 with 15 seconds of rest in between. This means that the 2nd week of the fitness regime allows the woman to complete more movements in less time. The fitness training is a wonderful stimulus of taking the exercise regime to the next level.
The 3rd week
The 3rd week is the juncture of the fitness regime and is extremely crucial for a thorough weight loss. In place of the straight sets, one would have to perform the circuit sets. One shall have to complete a set of each movement in 15 repetitions and then instantly move to the next movement without any rest in between. For instance, if someone is performing leg presses, then it has to be done for 15 reps and then move to the following movement such as goblet squat with no rest. After the completion of all the movements, the circuit has to be performed twice.
The final week
The circuit set style would remain unchanged in this week, and the woman shall only have to perform 12 repetitions of each movement. But it gets harder in this week as in it is recommended to do 4 complete circuits without any rest in between. This week must be dedicated to keeping oneself moving, and once a movement is finished, one shall have to instantly return to the first movement to begin a new circuit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hiii Me & gf have sex on june 22 with out safety. June 2 week she has periods. July she did not get period up to now Is she conceive now we are tensed help us.
Hi doctor I am 9month pregnant women. My doubts is my baby having 2. 4kgs weight right now. Iis there any problem doctor. And sometimes I don't feel baby movements also. Am getting tension please tell me that what I have to do for this doctor. Please let me know. Am waiting for your reply.
I am not getting regular periods as I got periods on December 6 even I want to loose the weight from 50 to 45 so I need a suggestion from you to get my period cycle regularly and to loose my weight for 45.please help
I am 22 years old. My sonography report says that I am having pcos. I used to vaccine on my face to remove hair on neck and cheeks. They starts growing after 15-20 days and due to it my face become very dry and acne are coming out, whole face become red for some days. What should I do to cure pcos completely and acne? my mc is also irregular. It hasn't came from 3 months.
Dear sir My wife's period date was 14 but I have a plan to child. Today morning morning preganews test but negative result. Till now no period running. Only 6 days delay. Pls tell me correct test procedure of pregnancy test.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 12/5, 3 hours after which she took i-pill. Infact, she also took another i-pill the next day. She had her last period on 1/5 and till now, she hasn't got her periods till now. Is she pregnant or are her periods delayed but to i-pill overdose?
Hi, my friends age is 24.2 days back he had sex with his girlfriend. Before that his girlfriend gave him a blowjob. Here the problem is: he released his cum inside her mouth and she sawolled it. Is there any problem. Please suggest.
I had sex on 6th day of my period and the next night I take unwanted 72 after taking that pill on 3rd day I vomited and after that on 6th day I started bleeding from vagina and it lasted till four days and after that now suffering from white discharge daily and it's little dark in colour and in heavy amount today is 14th day from the date bleed after taking unwanted 72. Doctor please help me I am getting nervous. Am I pregnant or not. When my period will start.
My elder daughter (dob: 02-04-2003 has not start mensuration till day? Is her any problem. She is avg. Height, weight and complexion. Can I wait to meet doctor for another 1 year?
Birth control pills also known as oral contraceptive pills are hormonal pills used to
Prevent conception and help in postponing or spacing of pregnancy.
Myth: pills cause weight gain and side effects like acne
Fact: with modern pills there is hardly any weight gain. Recent studies have shown that not much weight change with pill versus non hormonal contraceptive users. Infact modern pills can reduce acne, improve skin condition and facial hair growth with modern progestin