Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Maheswari
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheswariYour feedback matters!
Just entered 8th month. Unlike my previous pregnancy I Have not gained much weight. Have gained only 5 kgs n got ultrasound done for growth. Doc says that baby weight is on normal side not too good. Kindly suggest what to do?
Hello please suggest the ways and food to reduce my breast size as I'm a mother of one month old baby girl and wen my breast wl gt back in shape. Thanks in advance.
Hi I got married in 2013, but there is no pregnancy yet. And my age is 28. We are having sex accordingly, so what might be the problem?
Hi. Am not getting my periods it's been two month's. I am not getting wat happened. Can you please suggest me wat to do. I took an appointment vth you for too. Evening.
I am in a pregnancy treatment fòr 2 months. I have taking the tablets such as conseval , duphaston 10 mg (morning and night), folic acid, and evatone. My last period was on june 15th. I have stopped duphaston on july 18th morning. Still I did not got my periods. Is there any chance for pregnancy.
I am recommended by doctor sysron n 5 mg as I am having brown bleeding. The doc advised me to take the tablet 3 times x 2each daily till my bleeding stops and then 1 tab x 3 times daily x 21 days. She advised me to take just 80 nos. Tablet in total during my periods and after my periods stop. My question is that I had taken sysron n tablet two nos. X 3 times daily from Wednesday till Monday (until my brown bleeding totally stopped). After that I am taking sysron n tablet 1 no. X 3 times daily. But the thing is that I have 4 strips left out of 8 strips and the doctor asked me to take 1 no. Of sysron n x 3 times daily x 21 days. But the tablet will not continue till 21 days. What to do now? Will it hamper if I take more than 80 tablets in order to make up 21 days. Please help.
Sir as my wife date of periods is 28 March as her last period was on 28 feb as today it is 30 but from past two days she is getting very little bleeding rare ones in a day, is she in period or pregnant pls we are not. Able to clear our mind as we are lil confused.
I am 36 years and 18 weeks pregnant. My analogy USG scan shows complete placenta previa. How much risk is there in the delivery. Please advice
Cervix is the tissue that connects the vagina and the uterus and is an important part of female reproductive system. Cervical cancer like any other form of cancer refers to an abnormal growth of cells on the cervix, one that if undetected at the initial stages, can involve tremendous complications which are often fatal. It is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Some of the visible symptoms of this ailment are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina: Though menstruation is a natural occurrence in a woman's life, often times you can suffer from abnormal bleeding from the vagina, which may precede, succeed or occur between periods. Such abnormal bleeding is symptomatic of cervical cancer and you must visit a doctor immediately.
- Pain in the abdomen: In case you are suffering from cervical cancer, clear signals will be given by your body indicating that. One such signal is a nagging pain in the abdomen or in the pelvis. Though it may appear harmless, you must not treat it lightly and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Excruciating pain during periods: Experiencing pain during periods is a matter of such compliance that it seldom raises any concern. However, in certain cases the pain may be more than what you generally experience. In such a situation, it must not be dismissed entirely rather must be consulted with a doctor.
The most common test is used to diagnose cervical cancer is known as a pap test. In this particular examination, a sample of cells from your cervix will be taken by the doctor for examination. If the inference is reliant on the normal or the abnormal growth of these cells, the latter confirming the onset of the ailment.
In spite of being an extremely lethal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that successfully deal with this problem. Some of them are:
- Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed of treatment to treat cervical cancer is a surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to kill destroy them.