Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
We r newly married couples We planing for a baby very soon My wife needs safety for it When we hav sex she gets discharge soon and we both go mood out.
My grand mothers age 97. Lie down all time. Found that her legs are becoming black and cold. please help.
Suffering from PCOS. Would like to know . Allopathy, gyne treatment done, homeopathy done, no change, what else i can do to cure myself.Can marriage is very imp. For this ?
There is burning sensation in my vagina from 1st January and now a little bit of itching. My periods is 23 days late. Please help me to know what it is?
Itching in and around vagina. Not too sure is it bcz of the hair or something else. May be wetness. Area has turned black. No visible boil or rash. Its prolonged. Periods are normal. Observed chocolate discharge once. Never took any medicine related to this problem. Please advice.
I am 25 years old and I have two childrens with normal delivery. In my second delivery after 6 months I noticed this problem of uterine prolapse. How I will get cure from this problem.
I have chest pain from 5 months because of acidity or heart burn. I completely avoid spicy food and I took so much water and so many food precautions. But pain is not relief. How to avoid this problem completely. Please give me suggest tion.
I am 18 and going to have sex do I have a chance to be pregnant and I have irregular periods? If yes, how do I avoid my chances of pregnancy while having sex?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
- Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted by aedes mosquitoes.
- People with zika virus disease usually have a mild fever, skin rash (exanthema) and conjunctivitis. These symptoms normally last for 2-7 days.
- There is no specific treatment or vaccine currently available.
- The best form of prevention is protection against mosquito bites.
- The virus is known to circulate in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
Zika virus is an emerging mosquito-borne virus that was first identified in uganda in 1947 in rhesus monkeys through a monitoring network of sylvatic yellow fever. It was subsequently identified in humans in 1952 in uganda and the united republic of tanzania. Outbreaks of zika virus disease have been recorded in africa, the americas, asia and the pacific.
- Genre: flavivirus
- Vector: aedes mosquitoes (which usually bite during the morning and late afternoon/evening hours)
- Reservoir: unknown
Signs and symptoms
The incubation period (the time from exposure to symptoms) of zika virus disease is not clear, but is likely to be a few days. The symptoms are similar to other arbovirus infections such as dengue, and include fever, skin rashes, conjunctivitis, muscle and joint pain, malaise, and headache. These symptoms are usually mild and last for 2-7 days.
During large outbreaks in french polynesia and brazil in 2013 and 2015 respectively, national health authorities reported potential neurological and auto-immune complications of zika virus disease. Recently in brazil, local health authorities have observed an increase in zika virus infections in the general public as well as an increase in babies born with microcephaly in northeast brazil. Agencies investigating the zika outbreaks are finding an increasing body of evidence about the link between zika virus and microcephaly. However, more investigation is needed before we understand the relationship between microcephaly in babies and the zika virus. Other potential causes are also being investigated.
Zika virus is transmitted to people through the bite of an infected mosquito from the aedes genus, mainly aedes aegypti in tropical regions. This is the same mosquito that transmits dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever.
Zika virus disease outbreaks were reported for the first time from the pacific in 2007 and 2013 (yap and french polynesia, respectively), and in 2015 from the americas (brazil and colombia) and africa (cape verde). In addition, more than 13 countries in the americas have reported sporadic zika virus infections indicating rapid geographic expansion of zika virus.
Zika virus is diagnosed through pcr (polymerase chain reaction) and virus isolation from blood samples. Diagnosis by serology can be difficult as the virus can cross-react with other flaviviruses such as dengue, west nile and yellow fever.
Mosquitoes and their breeding sites pose a significant risk factor for zika virus infection. Prevention and control relies on reducing mosquitoes through source reduction (removal and modification of breeding sites) and reducing contact between mosquitoes and people.
This can be done by using insect repellent; wearing clothes (preferably light-coloured) that cover as much of the body as possible; using physical barriers such as screens, closed doors and windows; and sleeping under mosquito nets. It is also important to empty, clean or cover containers that can hold water such as buckets, flower pots or tyres, so that places where mosquitoes can breed are removed.
Special attention and help should be given to those who may not be able to protect themselves adequately, such as young children, the sick or elderly.
During outbreaks, health authorities may advise that spraying of insecticides be carried out. Insecticides recommended by the who pesticide evaluation scheme may also be used as larvicides to treat relatively large water containers.
Travellers should take the basic precautions described above to protect themselves from mosquito bites.
Zika virus disease is usually relatively mild and requires no specific treatment. People sick with zika virus should get plenty of rest, drink enough fluids, and treat pain and fever with common medicines. If symptoms worsen, they should seek medical care and advice. There is currently no vaccine available.
Who is supporting countries to control zika virus disease through:
- Define and prioritize research into zika virus disease by convening experts and partners.
- Enhance surveillance of zika virus and potential complications.
- Strengthen capacity in risk communication to help countries meet their commitments under the international health regulations.
- Provide training on clinical management, diagnosis and vector control including through a number of who collaborating centres.
- Strengthen the capacity of laboratories to detect the virus.
- Support health authorities to implement vector control strategies aimed at reducing aedes mosquito populations such as providing larvicide to treat standing water sites that cannot be treated in other ways, such as cleaning, emptying, and covering them.
- Prepare recommendations for clinical care and follow-up of people with zika virus, in collaboration with experts and other health agencies.
Fatigue is a common complaint amongst middle aged people. It is mostly seen in people who have refrained from physical activity or working out for long. This being said, there are a host of other diseases where fatigue acts as the most prominent symptom. Some major diseases where fatigue is involved are anemia, heart diseases, thyroid and diabetes. If you are feeling exhausted or worn out even after a good night’s sleep, it is time to consult your doctor. Here are a few tips that can help you in managing fatigue in the early stage:
- Review your existing medication: Get your doctor to check your medication to ensure that the fatigue is not a result of your existing medicine. Doctors often change the medication for any side effects such as this. It is also advised not to take additional medicine to counter fatigue.
- Start moving: Studies show that physical activity greatly boosts the level of energy in an individual. Daily exercise not only reduces fatigue but makes the heart and lung function more efficiently. It increases vigor and the overall quality of life. According to a study conducted by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, it was seen that people who are more active have more self-confidence.
- Drink water: Dehydration often causes day time fatigue. It not only impairs the physical performance of an individual but also contribute to lack of alertness and motivation. A good indicator of the body’s hydration is the color of the urine. Ideally it should be yellow, pale or straw colored. Any coloration other than this signifies that the body needs more water.
- Hit the bed early: Lack of sleep is one of the biggest factors of fatigue. A study conducted by the Stanford University in 2004 showed that people with good sleeping habits suffers from less fatigue. An afternoon nap followed by a coffee further reduces fatigue and energizes a person. 8 hours of sleep is considered to be healthy and keeps fatigue at bay.
- Frequent eating: It is observed that people who eat small meals several times a day are less prone to this condition than others who eat twice or thrice a day but eat bigger meals. Frequent eating maintains a steady blood sugar level and helps a person concentrate harder. This being said, it has to be ensured that food is consumed in smaller quantities to refrain from putting on weight.
- Try Yoga: While any kind of exercise is helpful in countering fatigue, yoga is particularly helpful in boosting energy. A British study conducted among young adults showed that those who attended 6 weeks of yoga classes are found to be more energetic and mindful. Yoga should be practiced under strict supervision of an instructor to avoid any possible complications of the body.
Hello doctor I'm 23 years old female. Married. Last month I got periods on 16 th March. But this month today gets period (25 days gap) is this any harm to health. I want to get pregnant. Guide me.
During my period time I am getting pain in my lower abdomen . Please advice me some medicine for the relief .
Hi, my wife is in 9 month of her pregnancy, is it ok to have intercourse, coz our first baby was normal delivery.
Please tell me what should I do as am feeling very weakness after delivery a baby girl now she's 2 years old and just now she left feeding.
Hello doctor I am married person and I am happy with single life partner in my life and I am getting confused that having a sex without any protection is safe with single partner?
Description : Planning your pregnancy is the most vital action that you may take for your baby’s health. Similarly, preconception counselling is as vital as your pregnancy. It helps you to devise a plan that can improve your chances of getting pregnant, and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Also, caring for your health before you become pregnant will aid you learn about any risk factors and easily treat any medical problems that you may have before you become pregnant. Proper planning for your pregnancy before you conceive will help you make healthy choices for you and your baby. Preconception counselling plays a crucial role in preparing for your pregnancy. Couples with a history of recurrent early pregnancy loss, counselling is of particular importance because women are invariably more distressed and require reassurance that everything possible is being done to avoid future pregnancy losses.Preconceptional counselling is vital for all women of child bearing age because many pregnancies are unplanned, and risks of complications can be easily minimized by interventions before conception. Benefits of Pre Conceptional Counselling Make better chances for a successful pregnancy Make the body better for the forthcoming pregnancy Reduce risk factors Preferably preconceptional counselling should be done when a women is considering motherhood. The purpose of preconceptional counselling and care is to identify risk factors for adverse maternal or fetal outcome, edify and counsel the patient based on their specific needs, and indulge or stabilize medical conditions prior to conception in order to increase the prospects of successful outcomes. An awareness of the availability & advantages of Klik4cure will go a long way in improving the pregnancy outcome.Delightful pregnancy care commences before pregnancy. For obviously normal, fit couple planning a pregnancy there may be beneficial in discussing this with a specialized advisor. DrDeepika Solge will help you to understand your problems and accordingly can suggest a good treatment to you ensuring a delightful pregnancy further.Ayurveda has mentioned any herbs which can be used before conception to purify our body.