Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Magesh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MageshYour feedback matters!
I am 47 yrs. Old female. No case of diabetic. But facing problem with frozen shoulder for the last 6 months? Taking physio therapy too. How can I get rid off? Pl. Advice further treatment.
My sugar level not decrease below 350, I have take medicine done. Please advise me for these problem.
Sir my wife is 52 years old and a diabetic with not much sugar. From last 15 days she is suffering with breathlessness. She complaints that in the left nose the bulgam is drying and problem starts. Shown to all the concern doctors in bangalore but they say every thing is normal e. G lungs functioning normal, nose is OK heart functioning is ok. Doctors say that it is because of anxiety. She is doing meditation now to get rid of breathlessness. But everything is normal then why again the short of breath is persisting?
I am 40 years single and my doctor say I had thyroid however he ask me to take yoga once in morning and evening but what does that mean? Will my thyroid will be clear through doing yoga. And also he doesn't prescribed me any medicine. Please explain me. Thank you.
My father have sugar (diabetes) what to eat and what not to be. And he have weight about 90kg. Is he can take sugar free which is ad by akshay kumar.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism from last 2 years and taking 25 mg thyronorm tablet, and also I had pcod from last 8 years now I am 27 years old, and recently done with thyroid test and there is minor variation by 0.8mg, but again my doctor suggested me to increase dosage of thyronorm by 75 mg. Is it necessary to increase it as I am having minor variation. And cant it be cured completely. Please suggest is there any treatment for this.(and also previously I was taking glcoment 500mg for pcod and I used to get periods regularly, 2 years back I changed the doctor and they told me to leave glucoment and continue with thyronorm, initially when I undergone test for thyroid at that time also I have just minor variation, I don't remember lab values exactly.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.