Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Healthy Heart Diet
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Ulhas M.PandurangiYour feedback matters!
Coronary artery disease, also known as coronary heart disease or CHD, is a kind of disease in which a wax-like substance called plaque, builds up in the coronary arteries.
Function of Coronary Artery
The task of coronary arteries is to supply oxygen rich blood to the heart muscles. When there is the growth of plaque in these arteries, the condition is termed as atherosclerosis. Plaque builds up over the years, and it hardens or ruptures with time. When plaque gets hardened, it narrows the coronary arteries and thus disrupts the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscles causing coronary heart diseases. Millions of people are diagnosed with heart diseases, nowadays.
Though it is true that living with a heart disease is not easy, it is not impossible either. Many people are successfully leading a happy life in spite of having such diseases. With some major changes in your lifestyle, food habits and with the help of exercises and a healthy diet, it is possible to enjoy a happy life, irrespective of your diseases.
Here are six ways that would help you to lead a better life, even if you have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease.
- Lifestyle changes: This is the first point that needs to be kept in mind if you are a CAD patient. Lifestyle changes are essential to make for a better health and life. Smoking and drinking have to be given up completely. It is advised to avoid secondary smoke, as much as possible.
- Exercises: This is the next important activity that needs to be a part of your daily routine to lead a healthy life. Consult with a doctor about the types of exercise that would suit your conditions. Some common exercises that would help are walking, jogging, and swimming, for at least 30 minutes at the most. Choose whichever activity you like doing. The motive of exercises is to get your heart-rate up.
- A Heart healthy diet: Get a chart prepared for your diet by a dietitian or by your doctor. This will keep your disease from getting worse. Stick to a heart-healthy eating plan, which consists of foods that can lower your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. Include more fruits, vegetables, and other high fibre foods in your daily diet. Go for foods that are low in saturated fats, trans-fats, and cholesterol. Try to include fish into your diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese aggravates any disease. So it is important to keep your body weight perfect.
- Taking medicines as prescribed: It is important to take medicines regularly and as prescribed by the physician.
- Keeping tensions, anxiety to a minimum: These will make the situation worse if you are CAD patient. So try to keep tension and anxiety away and lead a healthy life.
I am 43 year male, suffering from high cholesterol and insufficient iron and hemoglobin 11.9 % only.
My age is 48. I have done my health checkup. In my reports MCHC = 28.8 PDW = 19.0 MPV = 7.2 ESR = 17.0 other readings are normal HDL Cholesterol = 52.2 LDL Cholesterol = 126.8 (high) Vitamin D = 27. 9I have pain in my knees, body aches.
My age is 40 yr and I have a problem of thyroid. My T-3, T-4 test are normal but TSH - 8.6 is on higher side. Due to this my pulse rate increase some time and I have to take rest. I am taking the medicine thyrocare -50. Please suggest.
What is basic reason of high blood pressure and how to control on it, and what kind of blood test help me to conform the increase of cholestrol?
Hi, I 34 year old having some time chest pain and breathing problems. I also checked by chest specialist they tell no problem but they tell have shines problem. Is it effects of shines?
2 months before, After a sleepless night due to feeling of chest tightness I had sudden increase in heart beats in morning. Doctor given restyl tablet & its got controlled. ECG, Echo, stress test are normal. cholesterol was 132. Now again same thing happened & got controlled by starpress XL & chlorofit. Again ECG is normal. In between I am always having feeling of tightness of left chest, left arm, left shoulder, left upper back, chest rib pain, fullness of stomach & mild pain chest muscle. I have started exercise but still this tightness feeling comes & go all the day & night time. I was very healthy person & rarely fell sick in a year. Please suggest me permanent solution to treat this condition as I feel worry if again same thing will happen.
I want to know about bp. The bp of my dad is always up nd down so what should he do remain it constant ?
I am 34 years old. I am having 90-150 bp rate. I don't want to take medicine. Please advice me is there any herbs or food that may lower my blood pressure.
I am running low pressure. 100/60. My normal pressure is 110/70. Currently I am feeling very weak and energy loss. Is it due to low pressure. I have fasting blood sugar 75. Is it the reason for weakness and loss of energy. How can I increase my blood pressure. Thanks.
I was diagnosed with fatty liver about 2 months back and was prescribed Udiliv 300 and Evion 400 BD. Only my SGPT was elevated to 114 while all other enzyme were in normal range. My cholesterol levels were slightly elevated to 202 while my LDL was 147. For two months I controlled my diet and lost nearly 5 kgs. I again did the test yesterday, all my liver enzymes have returned normal but my cholesterol has shoot up to 232 with LDL reaching 174. My triglycerides levels have also increased. I was worried as to why is my levels increasing even after weight loss and controlling diet. My initial weight was 74 and now it is 69. I am male aged 30 and height 168 cms.
In elderly it is duration of activity then intensity of activity which have benificial effect on heart. Try to remain active for good health.
If one sleep for 8 hours or more his/hers chances of getting a stroke increases.